5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Value
Published on January 6, 2012 by PJ

3.0 out of 5 stars Not bad, not bad.
These reflectors work like a charm. The fact that they are so compact when zipped up really makes these nice for transport and versatility. My only complaint is that the zipper surrounding the case has the tendency to skip teeth. So be careful zipping them up.
Published on July 30, 2012 by MD

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Value, January 6, 2012
This review is from: Fotodiox 5-in-1 42" Premium-Grade Professional Collapsible Disc Reflector (Electronics)
I only use reflectors occasionally so I wasn't looking to drop the $80+ dollars on a name brand like Lastolite. I've used this particular reflector on about a dozen shoots now, both indoors and outdoors and have had no problems with durability. However, if you do a lot of outdoor shoots and it's windy outside, I could see this thing ripping easily. Compared to a buddy's Lastolite reflector, you understand quickly why the Fotodiox is cheaper. However, the light output to my eye is identical with the silver and gold. The white side doesn't seem to reflect as much light as the Lastolite though. But if you're like me and only use the reflector on occasion, save your money and get this one.

5.0 out of 5 stars why pay more?, April 28, 2011
Just what I expected and maybe a little bit better. The fabric seems thick and high quality. No trouble folding it all back up. The zipper pull seems a little flimsy, but I'm pretty careful when zipping and un-zipping the cover. It's plenty big when opened, but the carrying case makes it portable enough. There's no need to spend more $$ on another brand. The seller shipped it right away, earning 5-star bonus points from me!

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing value. Great product, November 13, 2010
Shankar Narayanan (Ann Arbor, MI United States) - See all my reviews
This is a great light modifier. Works very well. Easy to fold back. This price is just insane. I have tried the white & Silver reflectors and they worked well. I would highly recommend this.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good so far, June 22, 2012
Joseph Larson (Apple Valley, MN United States) - See all my reviews
This reflector arrived today. I haven't used it yet, but I wanted to clarify what you get. If you do a search at you tube for folding a photo reflector, you'll see a variety of videos showing a reflector like this in action. These videos will help you understand this product much better. You are not getting 5 reflectors. What you are getting is one reflector that can be used 5 ways by changing the skin. The innermost section is the flexible frame with the defuser permanently attached. You then have a sleeve that zips around the flexible hoop. The sleeve is reversible. That's how you get 5 different reflectors. As shipped to me, the outer two sides were black on one side, silver on the other. If I unzip the sleeve and switch it inside out, then zip it back over the hoop, I have a white and gold pair of reflectors.

When I first took the reflector out of it's carry sack, it opened readily. I liked what I saw. Then I thought, "How do I put it back?" Well, sort of the same way you do a band saw blade. What? Yeah. I can't fold my band saw blades, either :-) But if you watch the videos, you'll get some tips. Basically you grasp it with two hands and twist. But it's virtually impossible to explain, you just have to see it done. I watched two videos, then spent about 1 minute before I got it right.

As for quality -- it will be fine for my use, but I'm an amateur photographer who doesn't shoot that much. I'll probably end up leaving it on the white/black set and almost never change it. If I were going to be changing it around a lot, for this price I'd just buy three, use one as a defuser and the other two as reflectors and be all good to go.

5.0 out of 5 stars Goodbye Shadows!!!!!, July 21, 2012
Doing nearly 99% on-location shooting this disc is a lifesaver! Since getting it we have saved hours of editing time, and been able to shoot in locations when the lighting isn't at it's optimum. If you're shooting on locations and aren't using a reflector I can't recommend this one enough. It was a bit tricky to learn how to get it "twisted" back down into the bag, but once we mastered that -- using it is a breeze. It's a small compact size when transporting it, and large enough to easily control the lighting for a group of 3-4 (espcially 2 adults and 2 children). Wonderful tool!

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it, January 18, 2011
Another reviewer said it, but this thing is HUGE. I am definitely going to use it to diffuse light on out door portraits (bring an assistant/small child/trapped spouse to hold it up). I'm very pleased with the quality, the ease of use and the portability for such a big reflector.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value - very pleased!, December 14, 2010
Considering the very reasonable price of this item, I wasn't sure how great the quality would be, but I am very happy with it. It folds up very small but opens to a very good size. It's really easy to flip the cover to get the different color surfaces. I know this will be a useful product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality!, January 11, 2011
Nicole Barr (Centreville, va United States) - See all my reviews
This product feels sturdy and well made. The materials are high quality, and the collapsible disc does not feel cheap and I'm not worried I'm going to break it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful and recommend!, November 29, 2014
So I am a amateur photographer who is still learning the ropes. And of course I've run into the problem of needing light on my subject and not having it because it's behind them or some place else in general.

To keep it simple this works wonderful, silver, gold, white, black, see through all do exactly what they're suppose to do. And being 42" the light is not as direct so it is diffused a little bit. I've got some pictures of when I first tried it with my horses (a few months ago) and just recently when I was doing a photo shoot. Of course with my luck I cannot locate the photos I got of my horse but I do have the photos from my sunset photo shoot.

I would recommend this for anyone but it is a big reflector so if you can afford getting a decent stand I would defiantly suggest that as well. I'm currently saving up and looking for a stand that'll help me because it was challenging to try and get a well lit picture while also trying to keep my subject where I wanted them.

I'm also sorry this is a pretty blah review but I wanted to add some pictures for you guys :D I also got the 22" and will be showing some pictures of that one too.

5.0 out of 5 stars great reflector set!, June 21, 2012
after reviewing many reflector sets i decided to give this one a try due to it's low cost. i figure if i end up using it alot and it's not good quality, then i'll buy another brand. well i do use this alot for sunny day shots, and the quality is way better than i'd expect for the price. i really have no complaints. it's a reflector set with silver, gold, black, white, and diffuser. not much you can say about it, it reflects light like any reflector would. my main reason for writing a review is to note the great quality of the product. you really do get more for less with this reflector. i've had it for a few months now and it still looks new, even after good usage. so if you're looking for a reflector set, give this one a try, you cant go wrong.