Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon The Jayhawks Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Beauty Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer ctstrph2 ctstrph2 ctstrph2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando ReadyRide Bikes from Diamondback SnS

on October 5, 2012
Found Adrift, 40 Days of Recovering Grace, is a delightful study for a new Christian, a person who has walked with the Lord for a long time, or even a young adult who has turned his life over to Jesus Christ.

The study is broken down into forty days of study. Each day focuses on an important aspect of the Christian life. I found myself convicted more than once. Pauline gives practical advice on how to lift yourself out of a spiritual funk if you are "adrift" in some area of your walk with God.

I was drawn in by the introduction, which focused on "distractions." How hard it is for me to sit down and have a quiet time with God without something or someone wanting my attention.

If we commit ourselves completely to God, though, He will find that time for us. I read this whole book in a day (it's a very easy read), and was encouraged, that even with all the distractions that inevitably come up, I could learn much more about how to make my walk with God less hurried and more intimate.

Topics that I found helpful included the study on walking in forgiveness, not being a control freak, letting go of offenses, and living without fear in obedience. Each chapter has a Bible verse to go along with it, and Pauline makes it easy to understand how to apply the principles to our everyday life. Sometimes it only takes a spark to get a fire going, as an old classic Christian song goes, and I found that with this book. I am encouraged that even though in some areas, I have drifted (and didn't even realize it), I can recover and become a stronger Christian and walk more closely with God.

I look forward to picking up extra copies of Found Adrift, 40 Days of Recovering Grace, as a stocking stuffer for my friends at Christmastime.
on October 5, 2012
I was happy to find another devotional by Pauline Creeden, and this one is now my favorite. It is thought provoking, inspiring, and moving. I read it straight through the first time - now I will read one entry each day. Many of the entries seemed written specifically for me and I know it will help me grow my faith. Well done!
on October 6, 2012
This book is for people who have been distracted by life to the point where their walk with God is not as often or as close as it once was. That's me. That's many of us.

This is a devotional, meant to be read in forty days. I was in a hurry so I read it all in one day. Although I don't recommend doing so, reading the book in this way gave me some insights I may have missed if I had spread it out over the longer period. The reason I don't recommend it is because I feel more time is needed between each day's devotion to absorb the message. What I saw while reading it in one sitting, you may also see following the one a day schedule, but I'm not sure. I noticed something happening as I went from one day to the next. Something good. Either I was actually growing spiritually or the author was. Each day was better than the previous. Not so much by what was said, but how it was said.

Each day's devotion referred to scripture and ended with a prayer thought. In between, the author took examples from her life to explain how to keep from drifting away from God. The examples became stronger as the days went by. Near the end the descriptions were fuller and the emotions deeper. Reading the book was a positive experience for me and I highly recommend it.
on October 5, 2012
Found Adrift is a great daily devotional to help you refocus your gaze upon Jesus, His Word and prayer. Each of the 40 devotions contain scripture as well as personal stories and insights from the author. I especially like the prayer prompts at the end of each day. These can be used to journal about what you learned or for your own personal prayer time. Recommended!
on December 4, 2012
For me, a good devotional helps me not only to connect with God, but additionally to let another person's faith journey impact my own. This devotional succeeded in both respects.

First, it not only gives a primary scriptural passage for reflection, but brings related scripture into play, thus giving a broader understanding of the teaching.

Second, I found it helpful that passages were generally quoted from the NKJV. Since I typically use the New American Standard Bible, reading a different version helped me to see each passage in a fresh way.

Third, the author quickly moves from explanation to application, so that I have very specific ways to apply the passage to life, which is what I'm primarily looking for in devotionals.

I also appreciated that the author lets us peek into her life, admitting her shortcomings and struggles (e.g., she battles carpal tunnel syndrome - particularly annoying for a writer). She comes across as the real deal, not preachy, but sincere and full of grace toward her fellow travelers.
on October 7, 2012
What I've come to love about Pauline Creeden's devotionals is that they are full of how to apply what you are learning. It's like having a mature Christian sister right there, holding your hand and teaching you, step-by-step how to walk out your faith. And all of it is based on Scripture.

Distracted? Who isn't in today's culture,so full of devices to look at and people to talk to in a million different ways. Found Adrift is a great way to refocus and put your eyes on Christ.
on October 27, 2012
I found this book to be enjoyable in many ways. A 40 day devotional to help you understand God and his plan for us. I'm always looking for ways to become closer and understand God better. This book is a great guide and it will stay on my Kindle for years to come. Reading this was as if I took a journey with the author to become more similar with God's plan and I would recommend it to anyone seeking this wonderful journey!!
on November 17, 2012
I confess I read it straight through although the author meant for it to be read over 40 days to help us keep our faith as we go through each day of our busy lives. Had I read it as intended I would have been able to spend time absorbing each message and applying it to my lfe.
on October 15, 2012
This devotional is like sitting down with Pauline over a hot cup of coffee and her bearing her soul wide open, so that you can gleam lessons learned, ask questions and meditate on so much. From the moment I started reading it I was hooked. Pauline is open, honest, and doesn't sugar coat the tough topics. If you are looking for a devotional that isn't fluffy go buy a copy. It will be life changing.
on December 4, 2012
Creeden's dedication, "For those who, like me, find themselves in the middle of the lake of life without a paddle" says a lot about what to expect in this nifty little guide of forty days' worth of lessons to change a habit of poor choices.

From the opening lesson of choosing to draw near to God through better prayer through cutting off "unfruitful" aspects of our lives, to doing what we are commanded to being teachable and seeking forgiveness and grace when we need it, each day opens with Scripture and ends with prayer - a habit in itself easy to seek.

This encouraging guide may be small but packs a huge impressive punch. You will certainly be uplifted and challenged as you read through these days and practice each lesson. Definitely a good gift to share with someone you love.