From the Back Cover
* Test your knowledge with assessment questions, scenario problems, and lab exercises
* Practice on state-of-the-art test-preparation software
The only guide you need for CIW Foundations exam success...
You're holding in your hands the most comprehensive and effective guide available for the CIW Foundations exam. Two veteran CIW trainers deliver incisive, crystal-clear explanations of every topic covered, highlighting exam-critical concepts and offering hands-on tips that can help you in your real-world Web career. Throughout, they provide pre-tests, exam-style assessment questions, scenario problems, and lab exercises - everything you need to master the material and pass the exam.
Inside, get complete coverage of Foundations exam objectives
* Understand Internet basics, from HTTP and URLs to browsers, e-mail, and USENET
* Get a handle on search engines, active content, security issues, and e-commerce
* Explore the fundamentals of networking, internetworking, LANs, and WANs
* Learn how TCP/IP works - and how to set up a Web server on a TCP/IP internetwork
* Get up to speed on server-side technologies such as scripting, CGI, and Java servlets
* Master the network security basics, from VPNs and SSL to firewalls and proxy servers
Test-Prep Tools on CD-ROM
* Hungry Minds test engine powered by top-rated Boson Software
* NovaStor DataSAFE SE trial version
* Examples from the book
* WS_Ping ProPack and HOTMetaL PRO trial versions
About the Author
Don Loughran is a full-time technical instructor with Polar Bear Corporate Education Solutions and has been working in the microcomputer industry since 1980. His many certifications include CIW Certified Instructor, CNE and CNI, MCSE, MCSD, MCT, Sun Certified Java Programmer, and A+.