5.0 out of 5 stars A TRUE JEWEL OF A BOOK
Published on June 10, 2006 by ZANZIBAR

1.0 out of 5 stars A great thesis for a doctorate
Published on February 12, 2006 by R. H.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars A TRUE JEWEL OF A BOOK, June 10, 2006
This review is from: Founding Fathers, Secret Societies: Freemasons, Illuminati, Rosicrucians, and the Decoding of the Great Seal (Paperback)
This book is a multidimensional discourse on the founding of a Nation whose history is veiled and obscured intentionally in secrecy. The author presents facts about the contributions of indigenous people in the founding of this Nation not told on any level of formal education. The author mentions there were Masonic symbols found in the wilderness of North America where no white man had ever ventured. These symbols were thought to be centuries old. By reading this book one can better figure how America fits into the national & international landscape from the very beginning. I like how the author breaks down the personal charts of the founders Franklin, Washington etc. Not a conspiracy book at all. I found it hard to put down once I started it. The notes and bibliography presents a vast amount of material for further research. I would highly recommend this book to the real seeker of truth, not for those who can not handle the truth. A good companion to this book would be "The Huevolution of Sacred Muur Science Past and Present" by Noble Timothy Myers-El

5.0 out of 5 stars It's about the eye in the triangle & the pyramid, February 19, 2006
I loved this book! I've always been curious about the eye in the triangle over the pyramid, but all the books by conspiracy writers who say it's a negative symbol proving our founding fathers were Satanists just didn't ring true to me. I knew I'd seen this symbol in churches and other traditions, but it was not until Robert Hieronimus's book that I finally understood why so many secret societies have used these symbols as talismans to promote growth experiences. This is the only book I've ever read that shows the multi-dimensional levels of interpretations to these (and all) symbols. By decoding the psychological meanings of our nation's Great Seal, Hieronimus is rejuvenating hope for our country.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fascinating and Compelling, September 19, 2006
Nate T. (Charlottesville, VA) - See all my reviews
I have not posted a review on [...], or for that matter, any other book-related website for several years, but felt I had to do so after reading Founding Fathers, Secret Societies. Dr. Robert Hieronimus, ably assisted by Laura Cortner, have given us a book for our times, and one of the most fascinating and compelling retellings of the founding of this country ever published. With true scholarship and first class story-telling, Hieronimus and Cortner establish for us the ethics and humanity upheld by the League of Iroquois, and the tremendous impact that their beliefs and actions had on our founding fathers. They go on to decode in detail the true meanings of the Great Seal of the United States and reassert the real vision behind the founding of our great nation. I don't read a lot of fiction, but I read this book with the attention and focus I usually reserve only for a true page-turner of a novel. And given the ever-deepening rifts in our current body politic, I came away from Founding Fathers profoundly moved and, yes, inspired. I can only add that no matter what your political predisposition may be, this remarkable volume offers us all an opportunity to reflect on the real story behind the birth of America, the true vision its founders had for the republic, and some practical thoughts on how we can all help it to get back on track. Robert Hieronimus and Laura Cortner have performed a great service in making this knowledge available to all of us, and I for one thank them for their efforts. A must read.

Peter Robbins
Co-author, Left At East Gate

1.0 out of 5 stars A great thesis for a doctorate, February 12, 2006
It may be me but I was hoping for much more information on Freemasons, Illuminati etc. The book begins in a very informaitive manner but loses it quickly. If you want tons of theories, speculation, opinions etc. on "the pyramid" and the evolution of American morality and values relative ot he Great Seal then buy the book. If you want to know about what the title implies you won't need to read too much of the book. Very intriquing info but not in the comtext of the title in my opinion.

1.0 out of 5 stars More like, "the Decoding of Robert's Personal Agenda", February 19, 2006
This book is really just a boring New Age feminist sermon, cleverly packaged as Conspiracy Theory. Hieronimus cashes in on the idea of secret societies, but that isn't the subject matter of the book. It's global consciousness. He simply links the decoding of the Great Seal to what he really wants to talk about, using a few quick synopses of some secret societies and personal bios. In a certain respect, you can put the book down as a pro-secret society endorsement ...except, for the fact that he talks so little about them.

Anyone who's familiar with esoteric studies can see that all Hieronimus is really doing with his references to pyramids, artifacts, etc. is juxtaposing them into the discussion. The mandala has more to do with his real agenda, and he takes up huge amounts of time with it (and the rest) to make a simple point that shouldn't even be part of the book.

Most of the meaningful material of the book is in its first half. The second half is all a very padded and repetitious psychological discussion of a very basic occult principle (otherwise, known as duality) and synthesis; which, is what he uses to build his global consciousness scenario with. There is a sprinkling of common esoteric symbols and buzzwords that are used to titillate the reader into thinking that we're getting back on track. But, it always quickly returns to psychology, and whatever feel-good Gaian agenda he's trying to push.

Like most mainstream, commercialistic opportunists and hypesters pretending not to be, Hieronimus writes off any actual conspiracy. We never do get into any kind of intrigue. If anything, he slams it. So, if that's what you want, then save your money ...you'll eventually see this book on the bargain shelves anyway.

5.0 out of 5 stars Blueprint for our future, February 27, 2006
Did you know you can find the Hero's Journey on the back of the one dollar bill? Fascinting. This is not a book about the conpriacies of secret societies to rule the world. On the other hand, it shows that freemasons and illuminati had absolutely nothing to do with the design of the great seal. Maybe that's why he did not give much space to talking about them. I read the original version of this book which has a more appropriate title (America's Secret Destiny: Spiritual Vision and the Founding of a Nation), but this revised edition is far and away a better book. I would have given it four stars because I don't like the new title, but I think it's usually marketing departments that pick titles, not the authors.

1.0 out of 5 stars Do not waste your time or money!, May 6, 2013
This book was a great disappointment. The author provides little or no evidence (documented or otherwise) regarding the nation's founding fathers and their alleged ties to any "secret societies." Furthermore, I know no more about any of these supposed secret societies now than I did prior to reading this book. The title of the book would lead one to believe that they were to be treated to an insightful, historically accurate and fact filled reading concerning the founding fathers and mysterious groups such as Freemasons, Illuminati, in addition to the creation of the Great Seal. No, instead the author provides little information on any of these topics, then meanders off into inapplicable topics such as astology and talismans. Quite frankly, I gave this book one star only because NO stars was not an option. Do not buy this book!

5.0 out of 5 stars Every citizen, every immigrent, every student, would do well to read this book NOW., May 10, 2011
Friends, you are probably like me. We went to school, we attended our history classes, we went to college, we live in America, we celebrate the 4th of July with fun and feasting, we carry dollar bills in our pockets, yet how many of us could write about our Great Seal? Who could you tell right now, how we got the seal? Could you even share with your family and friends around the food and drinks on the 4th of July, why we only use one side of the seal for our documents today? Can you tell why the reverse side was created, who drew it up, and what it means for us today? Are you ever discouraged about the doom and gloom in the news and all the 'stuff' about the economy and politics, leaving you wondering if there is any hope for America and our world today?
If you are discouraged or if you don't care enough to be discouraged, or if you feel there is nothing you can do, go get this book and read it as fast as you can and then share it with 10 others who will do the same. If you would read it in a month, share it with 10 who read it in a month and they do the same and continue until we have at least 100,000 readers in the next 6 months and then start loving you dollar bills and talk about the reverse seal everywhere you go. Let's see what we can do to change the doom and gloom to love, hope, and a future for our children and grandchildren and so on for the next 400 years or more.
As the old saying, if it is to be it is up to me, let's be the 'me' and share this message with the world. This book was published in 1989 and 2006 and it is 2011 and I just learned of it!! Someone waited too long to tell about it or I would have read it years ago.
The message is precious to my heart, soul, and it is for our Well Being. Don't be indifferent and not share this story with others, but be an excited messenger.

4.0 out of 5 stars Chock full of history, April 25, 2013
I'm not really a secret society or conspiracy buff
just really like a good read and enjoy history
because it's our most interesting social science to boot.
That said, this book is really curious, for those wanting
to educate themselves about how the U.S. constitution
and birth of a new nation was influenced by the most
unforeseen cultures. The symbols will also raise a few eyebrows
and provoke some consciousness. The title is a bit deceiving
because the content doesn't cover the clandestinian repoire of
the founding fathers to the extent of binding it substantially
but it rather keeps your mind busy with questions. There
is an awfully exhausting bibliography in this very moderately
short book, which is may explain why at times it seems like the
aim is every where and not targeted. For the price i paid
for this book I can't complain also because it was a stimulating
read. Recommend this one to a select audience who just
wants to past the time reading on a lunch hour.

3.0 out of 5 stars Lotus Guide Review by Rahasya Poe, September 4, 2009
Founding Fathers, Secret Societies:
Freemasons, Illuminati, Rosicrucians, and the Decoding of the Great Seal
By Robert Hieronimus, PhD
ISBN 1-59477-087-5 (Destiny Books/Inner Traditions, 2006)

In a time when we are searching for a clear vision for America's future, Founding Fathers, Secret Societies unveils the importance of not only the original vision of those who formed this nation but also their warnings, all of which are captured in the symbols they created. To see the influence the Iroquois Native Americans had on our early documents was as refreshing as it was surprising in light of how that relationship degenerated through the years. Living in times when the average teenager knows hundreds of corporate logos, I think it only makes sense that this is an important read for young and old to find understand of the esoteric meaning of our symbols.

Rahasya Poe, Lotus Guide magazine [...]