Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Drowners Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

on November 28, 2013
While the lobsters were excellent and Janet was a courteous and polite guest I suggest to Hancock Gourmet Lobster Company that they notify future customers that when you click buy, you're actually buying everything in the ad picture which consists of two live Maine lobsters and a live 44 year old woman named Janet who wears a yellow rain coat.

I thought the shipping costs seemed a bit high but upon opening the crate it made sense. Only sixty dollars to ship two lobsters and a 140 pound human all the way from Maine is quite a bargain. Upon prying open the sealed crate Janet emerged and handed us our lobsters and introduced herself so naturally we invited her to dinner. The fact that Hancock Gourmet Lobster Company had the foresight to make sure the included human is a strict practitioner of the Jewish faith who adheres to a kosher diet was an excellent idea as we would have felt obligated to share the lobsters with Janet and we weren't anticipating a guest for dinner that night. She was content with some braised chicken I whipped up paired with a nice white wine. We don't have any extra bedrooms but Janet was plenty happy to just curl up in the walk in closet on some old clothes I laid down and made a little bed out of.

The lobsters were great, very sweet with large claws, we enjoyed them with melted butter and some artichoke. Thank you for the wonderful lobsters and Janet but please send us a pre paid shipping label to return her or we'll be forced to send her cash on delivery.
on January 10, 2005
In my humble opinion, Maine lobsters taste better and have more meat than any other lobsters in the world. The title "Alive Maine Lobsters" is not quite accurate, because catches can be in the coastal area from North Carolina to Nova Scotia. My father placed an order with Hancock Gourmet Lobster Company for me and they were delivered at 6:18 am on Dec. 24th. The lobsters were alive, healthy, and ready to cook. I got a pot of water boiling and my wife walked into the kitchen to see what I was doing. She got mad and wouldn't let me put them in the pot. I had to buy a salt water aquarium for them and now they are my new pets.
33 comments|46 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 30, 2012
My wife and I got 4 lobsters as a Christmas present. They were so much better than the ones we get here in northern CT...sweet and very tasty. They were gone in two days.

They arrived on time and the instructions were very clear. I also felt better when I read the comment about lobsters having a nervous system of an insect and boiling them doesn't hurt.

This was one very welcome gift.
on May 23, 2013
It is untrue that lobsters cannot feel pain. They have sophisticated nervous systems and when boiled alive do everything they can to escape, including shedding their own limbs. Many scientific studies have substantiated this. See, for example, [...]

See 1 answered question