Customer Discussions > Ric Flair & The Four Horsemen forum

The Four Horsemen Vs. Nikita, Dusty and The LOD/WarGames

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-18 of 18 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Apr 15, 2007 3:48:01 PM PDT
If there was any match I wish was on this set, it was that one. I remember watching it as a teen on NWA World Wide Wrestling but (as it was commonplace in those days) it was cut off before the end of the match! I would love to see it in its entirety and wish that WWE would've put that on this set. The house show WarGames match ALMOST makes up for it but not quite! I also agree with another reviewer in that I would've rathered seen the original WarGames!

Speaking of WarGames, this match was "Hell In The Cell" before HITC was created! My two favorites were the original and the one from 1992 with the late Rick Rude, Steve Austin, Larry Zybysco, Bobby Eaton and Arn Anderson Vs. Nikita, Sting, Dustin Rhodes, Barry Windham and Ricky Steamboat! If WWE ever does any more DVD's discussing a particular style of match, I hope its on WarGames! What do you guys think?

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 15, 2007 5:54:37 PM PDT
I'm all for a wargames dvd. But it again goes back to Vince does not push what vince did not create.The 1 st wargames was very good so was the 2nd in miami both of which r on the great american bash 87 vhs tape! Just as good was war games 89, from the G A B 89. I still remember michael hayes talking with paul e. outside the ring when has was about to go in n he did not want to go in when paul said he had to go in hayes turns around n says DAMN! War games 92 may have been the best of all! Ever one bleed, n put on a great match! I think i remember hearing that the wwe will put out a hell in a cell dvd. I'm not buying seen most of them and for the most part the most recent ones r not as good as the 1 st couple. Dx vs. the mcmahons n big show was not that good, and i try to forget about hhh vs nash!

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 16, 2007 1:52:14 AM PDT
Scott, that is very sad that Vince won't do it because quite frankly (as I said earlier) Wargames was "Hell In The Cell" before there was one especially in the 80's and early 90's!

By the way, I still have that '89 Wargames that you talked about. That was quite funny! LOL! That one wasn't bloody but it was probably the most athletic WG ever with moments like Steve Williams pressing the late Terry Gordy (who weighed over 300lbs.) over 8 times and both of the Road Warriors (at seperate times) flying over the ropes to tackle their opponents!

On a side note, I agree on HITC! The recent ones have not been as good as the originals like Undertaker Vs. Shawn Michaels or UT Vs. Mankind. Even Brock Lesner Vs. The Undertaker was better than the ones you named! The last good one (in my view) was Batista Vs. HHH at WWE Vengeance 2005 (a very good card overall by the way and would recommend buying). The others since that one have been nowhere near its quality let alone the quality of the original HITC's!

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 16, 2007 3:49:21 AM PDT
D.P. says:
I would love a WarGames DVD but I wouldn't keep my hopes up for it because Vince won't "heavily" push something he didn't create. I'm wondering why didn't put the original War Games on DVD sets when they had 4 chances to on other DVD sets (Flair, Horsemen, Dusty, Road Warriors). I have the one from '89 too and Michael Hayes "Damn!" reaction had me laughing. That was one of my favorite War Games.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 16, 2007 4:21:46 AM PDT
Now that you mention it, he definitely could've! Especially on this (Horsemen) DVD as well as the others you named (particularly The Road Warriors one)! I'll say it again, until "HITC" was created, WarGames WAS the most brutal cage match in pro wrestling without a doubt!

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 16, 2007 9:59:09 AM PDT
Well, maybe we can hold out for hope that there will be a BASH anthology DVD and we will get the original on that. I would love to see a lot of stuff from the early Bash Tours on DVD as those were some of the best matches I have ever seen. I mean, u have the Best of 7 with Magnum & Nikita, the MANY title changes, the Warriors vs the Russians in the double Russian chain matches, The Prince Of Darkness matches, all the Wargames (until like 1990), and so many other GREAT matches. Plus I want a chance to see any old Abdullah The Butcher matches I can see. Also, since Vince has continued on with the Great American Bash events, MAYBE he will consider making that DVD in the future.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 16, 2007 1:50:38 PM PDT
A GAB anthology?! We can only pray! LOL!

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 16, 2007 4:43:12 PM PDT
Chris makes a good point about the posibility of a GAB Anthology, when he says vince still uses the name for a ppv. to be honest i had forgotten about that fact because i have not seen a GAB PPV since 2000 the last one for wcw. I have not read to many great reviews of wwe Gab ppv's! I have no desire to see one either. Of course it would take them awhile to put it together there is a lot of footage to go through.
so like Ervin says we can only pray they put one out! Of course they would have to inculde one of the best ppv's ever bash 89, & one of the worst ever 91!

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 17, 2007 12:03:28 AM PDT
Yeah, Bash '89 was the greatest one they ever held! The '91 version is only significant because its the one where Lex Luger won his first world title. Other than that, it was a horrible card!

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 24, 2007 6:49:10 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Apr 24, 2007 6:50:58 PM PDT
CE says:
Couldn't you imagine the buy rate if they would release Starcade, Superbrawl, Halloween Havoc, Great American Bash, and other WCW DVD'S in a anthology set! Of cource they would be some flaws about it if they did (music editing, commentary, etc.) Oh well, it's about wrestling more then it is music and fireworks.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 26, 2007 2:58:56 PM PDT
tjguitar says:
Im sure it'd sell just as well as the Rumble, Summerslam etc but I guarantee Vince puts out all his stuff before he even considers the NWA/WCW.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 27, 2007 9:18:02 AM PDT
That is the tragedy of Vince owning all the NWA events. I was an NWA fan OVER the WWF until WWF got Ric Flair. That was the true turning point for WCW. It was never the same after they lost Flair.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 27, 2007 1:59:56 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Apr 27, 2007 2:00:58 PM PDT
Me too Chris! I have to agree with Flair on the Horsemen DVD. With the talent the NWA/WCW had during the 80's thru early 90's, they should've never lost the war with Vince. They had superior talent and workrate. WWE was just better at marketing and pushing their stars right and that (more than anything) made the difference and that's one of the big reasons Vince is still around today. He was a genius at marketing and promotion. In terms of talent, however, NWA (in those days) was far ahead of WWF/WWE.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 27, 2007 12:57:19 AM PDT
D.P. says:
If you have WWE 24/7, in July they're showing the 1988 Great American Bash and either the 1990, 1996, or 2005 edition of the Bash depending on which one gets the most votes on the website.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 14, 2007 9:58:45 PM PST
B. Martin says:
How indeed do you not include the very first War Games from the omni in Atlanta. Are you kidding? Instead, we get Dr. Death and company from the '88 edition. Bogus.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 14, 2007 11:34:54 PM PST
Well, the 1988 edition was interesting to see. Still, they should've had the original War Games on there since they did talk about it quite a bit in the documentary piece.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 19, 2007 4:58:47 AM PST
D.P. says:
Well, the understanding is that they put the '88 one on here because that one is so rare that it would be more of an attraction to get people to buy the DVD than any of the other ones that you can still download off of YouTube or VHS tapes hardcore collectors would already have in their collection. Personally, I already have the other War Games matches so I was happy to get this rare one that I couldn't find anywhere else.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 16, 2008 8:41:26 PM PDT
D.P. says:
Just an update for anyone tracking this discussion who has WWE 24/7 but next month (July), they will be showing 10 War Games matches in their shorties section.

One of ones from 1987 - Superpowers vs. Horsemen
1989 - Road Warriors, Midnight Express, Dr. Death vs. Samoan Swat Team & Freebirds
1991 - Sting, Pillman, Steiners vs. Horsemen & Zbyszko
1992 - Sting, Koloff, Windham, Rhodes, Steamboat vs. Dangerous Alliance
1993 - Sting, Bulldog, Shockmaster, Rhodes vs. Vader, Sid, Harlem Heat
1994 - Dusty & Dustin Rhodes, Nasty Boys vs. Terry Funk, Arn Anderson, Col. Parker, Bunkhouse Buck
1995 - Hogan, Sting, Savage, Luger vs. Dungeon Of Doom
1996 - Sting, Luger, Flair, Anderson vs. Hogan, Hall, Nash, nWo Sting
1998 (3 team match with pinfalls allowed) - DDP, Piper, Warrior vs. Hogan, Hart, Stevie Ray vs. Nash, Sting, Luger
2000 (ditched two ring concept, used "Ready To Rumble" Triple Cage, and to win...the belt had to be grabed from the top of the cage & whoever walks out with it is the champion - Sting, Booker T, Goldberg, KroniK vs. Kevin Nash, Jeff Jarrett, Scott Steiner, Vince Russo with Harris Brothers

Obiviously the 1997 edition won't be shown for the usual reason but that's been talked to death for a year now & you have to expect it by now. God, these matches really fell off after 1992 eventhough I still find the 1996 one entertaining to watch.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  7
Total posts:  18
Initial post:  Apr 15, 2007
Latest post:  Jun 16, 2008

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 4 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Ric Flair & The Four Horsemen
Ric Flair & The Four Horsemen by Ric Flair (DVD - 2012)
4.5 out of 5 stars   (83)