From the Back Cover
- 5 Stars... A choice pick for short fiction fans. ~ Midwest Book Reviews.
- Really funny... If you want a good laugh (and who doesn't) you MUST pick this book up. MUST. ~ The Book Journal
- A fun read... If you want a good laugh buy this book, read this book, then buy one for a friend. ~ Barbara Kent, Success Books
- Who knew an economist could have a sense of humour? ~ PaulTheBookGuy Podcast
Praise for "Three Scoops" Is A Blast!
- "Just like your first book, this is a hit. Everyone should grab a copy!"
- "Alex Carrick has surpassed himself and brought back the charm of the perfect short story. You will not be disappointed."
About the Author
Alex carried out his undergraduate work at the University of Western Ontario (UWO), then received an M.A. in Economics from the University of Toronto (U of T). He also completed the first year towards a Doctorate while living at U of T's Massey College.
The pull of the job market was too strong and Alex went to work for the Canadian Institute of Steel Construction (CISC) in 1972. The CISC is a trade association representing structural steel fabricators in Canada. Mr. Carrick eventually became the Secretary-Treasurer as well as the Economist for the CISC.
Since 1985, Alex has held the position of Chief Economist/Editor with CanaData, a division of Reed Construction Data (RCD), where he has acquired an in-depth knowledge of the Canadian construction industry. He is often quoted in the media and has delivered presentations throughout North America on the Canadian, United States and world construction outlooks.
Many of Alex's award-winning short stories have been compiled in the Scoops series of books as well as the Ten Tales series. The former is comprised of "Two Scoops" Is Just Right, "Three Scoops" Is A Blast! and "Four Scoops" Is Over The Top. The latter has seven titles (i.e., too numerous to mention here) and all of the books are set out on the Carrick Publishing website.
Alex is married with three children, plus a lazy dog and crazy cat that round out the household. Much of the family's life revolves around the cottage on Georgian Bay. He resides in Toronto. His wonderful wife Donna is a well-known author in the crime and intrigue fields.