Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Four Seasons of Orchids (Gardening)
Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

on June 13, 2010
I started collecting and cultivating orchids about a year and a half ago and was overwhelmed by all the orchid books on the market. I purchased several, but this has been my bible. I like to have something in bloom at all times and by describing what plants bloom when the book helped me achieve my goal. It is also the best potting guide I have seen with step by step instructions and photographs on how to transfer and pot several different types of orchids, even how to mount on cork. With notes on seasonal care and dealing with common pests, the book exceeded my initial expectations. On top of all of that, it has so many gorgeous (often full page) photographs it even serves as a choice coffee table book. If you're looking to collect, learn more about orchids, look at beautiful pictures of the many species, or if you're searching for a gift for the orchid fanatic in your life this is where it's at!
on October 8, 2007
Featuring spectacular full-color photography of each orchid showcased in "Four Seasons Of Orchids", a superbly compiled 256-page compendium of information making this an excellent guide for amateur gardeners and horticultural professionals alike. Of special note for beginning orchid gardeners are the step-by-step potting guides for all the featured orchids from 'Phalaenopsis' to 'Cattleya'. The collaborative work of commercial photographer and orchid grower Greg Allikas and botanist and orchid expert Ned Nash, "Four Seasons Of Orchids" is a welcome and very highly recommended addition to academic library Horticultural Studies, and community library Home Gardening reference collections in general , as well as personal and professional reading lists for growing orchids in particular.
on March 16, 2009
The "Four Seasons of Orchids" is a gorgeous book. Anyone who loves flowers would benefit from receiving this book for a gift, or just buying it for the extensive information on orchids. I went to several bookstores in town before ordering off of Amazon and all the stores were out of it and it was on back order so it is very popular. My husband is an orchid lover and does quite well with his collection. Enjoy the book if you get a chance to see or purchase it.
K. Nance - San Diego
on May 31, 2008
This book is great for the beginner and those who have been growing orchids for a while. I bought it for my orchid club. Simply written and beautiful pictures to illustrate. And the price was reasonable too!
on March 7, 2010
this is a well written, beautifully illustrated and photographed book with extensive, useful information about orchids
on October 29, 2007
This book is once again a masterpiece by Greg Alikas and Ned Nash. Tons of beautiful photographs and very helpful information on growing orchids.
on December 21, 2015
Bought two books on Orchids and neither one answered my question on how to force Orchids to bloom. Has plenty of other information. I have just one type of orchid but I've enjoyed caring for them. Last year I had one with 22 blooms on it, may be a record, who knows.
on September 26, 2013
This book was given to my mom for mothers day. She recieved after fretting about not knowing how to take care of an orchid I had purchased for Easter. The book was great- lots of pictures & explanations as to how to successfully grow orchids.
on February 10, 2014
Not enough info for a new orchid grower. It's mostly pictures - and although they are beautiful, it wasn't very useful for everyday.I'd say it's better for someone who wants to identify a particular orchid.
on February 6, 2015
I bought this book for two reasons
1) to learn more about orchids prior to going to an orchid show, at a local botanical garden
2) to improve results for the three orchids I have growing near my upstairs window.
This book answers both needs wonderfully well. At under $15 I feel like I got a great value for the money. Pictures are beautiful; step-by-step illustrated instructions on repotting are very helpful, and the recommendations on specific orchids for each seasons would allow you to build a collection of orchids with something always in bloom. I highly recommend this book.