5.0 out of 5 stars A beautifully constructed novel!
I completely enjoyed this Jane Austen novel. As always, the Norton Critical Editions offer a complete study of the author and the novel itself. The editor of this book (as in all Norton Critical Editions)has done an expert job in giving the reader a fresh perspective on a classic book.
Published on September 2, 2012 by COMALA

3.0 out of 5 stars unlikely heroine
Classic story but I found the print rather small in this edition. The critical essays are helpful. I tried to read them after reading the story so that I wouldn't be prejudiced.
Published 22 months ago by Jae A. Fisher

5.0 out of 5 stars A beautifully constructed novel!, September 2, 2012
This review is from: Emma (Fourth Edition) (Norton Critical Editions) (Paperback)

4.0 out of 5 stars I'm enjoying it, April 6, 2013
I'm glad I paid extra to get the Norton Critical Edition. The footnotes are helpful in explaining terms used that are unfamiliar and make it more enjoyable. Didn't read the notes at the beginning of the book, as it was noted they would be spoilers to the plot. The information on the communities was interesting and adds to the understanding of the story.

I like the story. No deep plot here, so far, but the personalities are well written. Light reading. Generally, I read the book and then watch the movie to see how well the story is adapted to the screen. Gwyneth Paltrow plays Emma and I can see how she would be suited for the role of Emma.

5.0 out of 5 stars Recommended Edition, June 14, 2014
Don C. Couch (Lawton, OK USA) - See all my reviews
If you haven't read a Jane Austen novel more than once, you won't understand that this uneducated lady wrote world class novels.

As a "Janeite" having read all six novels plus Lady Susan twice in the past year, this is the edition I recommend. It has old and modern criticism and source material in the back and helpful interpretations of archaisms at the bottom of the text page.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, December 1, 2014
Was an assigned reading for a class but I ended up loving it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Book, April 3, 2013
I bought this version for my 14yr old daughter and she enjoyed reading it and discussing it with me for awhile.

4.0 out of 5 stars Part of a College Reading Assignment., May 13, 2014
David H. Birley (Rock Hill, SC USA) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
In my review of "Masters of British Literature, Volumes A & B package" I put this volume into a part of a total perspective. Great literature it is. College credit will require it to read. For my personal taste as recreational reading? Probably not, but undeliably a classic!

3.0 out of 5 stars unlikely heroine, February 27, 2013
Jae A. Fisher (Huntingdon Valley, PA United States) - See all my reviews

4.0 out of 5 stars I understand now., June 30, 2013
After reading this novel, I understand why it is still readable, and why it will continue to have movies adapted from it. This may be totally chick flick material, but it is still interesting.

4.0 out of 5 stars A wonderful classic!, November 6, 2012
I really loved this book. Jane Austen is such a beautiful writer. Although she can sometimes become quite wordy the language of this book is beautiful. he story line is very interesting and keeps the reader involved from the very first page. It is the type of book that I will most likely read agin. I would recommend this book to anyone who likes Jane Austen and has yet to have read thisbook.

4.0 out of 5 stars Life long learning class, Washington University Class, St.Louis, MO, February 9, 2013
Missed the day the books were sold by the WU book store.
Appreciate that the order arrived quickly and in time for class.

Emma (Fourth Edition)  (Norton Critical Editions)
Emma (Fourth Edition) (Norton Critical Editions) by Jane Austen (Paperback - September 8, 2011)
$16.88