4.0 out of 5 stars Comfy and they fit!
Published 19 months ago by D. Adams

2.0 out of 5 stars Not what I expected.
I bought these gloves as a gift for my girlfriend this past Christmas (I already owned a pair of Fowne's men's lambskin/cashmere gloves). I was assuming the two gloves would be almost identical; however, the men's lambskin is noticably softer than the women's. I was disappointed at the quality of the leather as compared to the men's.

If I were to do it over...
Published on January 21, 2011 by Jeff S.

4.0 out of 5 stars Comfy and they fit!, December 4, 2012
D. Adams (Northern Virginia) - See all my reviews
I am a woman and I have very large hands, so finding women's gloves is a near impossibility for me. After much hunting these came and they fit perfectly! Feminine black leather gloves. Cashmere is a bit of a stretch. Some fairly soft knit lining but it works and I'm so happy to finally not have frozen hands in the winter. They probably aren't good for say, shoveling the walk or throwing snowballs, but for getting in the car on a frigid morning and not having your hands go numb as you scrap the car and get it warmed up, these are perfect.

5.0 out of 5 stars wonderful warm winter gloves, November 27, 2009
These are beautiful gloves: well made (I've been wearing them for several weeks and they are obviously strongly made), extremely warm (and the cashmere lining is very soft), and well fitting - they glide on and fit snugly. I am delighted with these gloves. Terrific value at the price (mine were on sale). I would recommend them to everyone.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not what I expected., January 21, 2011

If I were to do it over again, I would buy the men's gloves (one size smaller) for my girlfriend, as the leather is much better quality.

5.0 out of 5 stars Review of fownes women's gloves, February 24, 2012
These gloves are perfect for women with long fingers. They are elegant, as they are a rich looking leather and warm, thanks to the cashmere lining.

3.0 out of 5 stars Gloves - nicely made but small, December 26, 2011
The gloves are well made and look great and were delivered on time. However they are sized small so order up at least 1/2 size and maybe a full size.

4.0 out of 5 stars Frownes Women's Black Leather Gloves, August 14, 2012
These gloves feel so nice and I can't wait to wear them when it gets cold. They fit me nice and snug around the fingers and they look good too.The cashmere on the inside though seems to shed a little bit when I take my hands out of them because I get small amounts of fur on my fingers.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Gloves!, December 29, 2009
Gave these gloves as a gift. She absolutely loved them! They are soft and very fine leather.

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor Quality, December 15, 2010
These gloves split between the fingers (on both gloves) the first time they were worn. I will definitely return this product for a refund.

4.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful, December 21, 2011
This review is from: Fownes Women's Cashmere Lined Lambskin Leather Gloves (Apparel)
These gloves look and feel wonderful however the leather does stretch quite a bit over time. I wish I had ordered one size smaller. I still like them, especially the color, but I think that if I reorder it will be in the smaller size.

1.0 out of 5 stars Terrible experience with these Fownes leather/cashmere gloves, March 18, 2013
My husband bought these for me 2 weeks ago (on amazon) and I don't like to leave negative feedback but feel I must on these gloves. First, all of the fingers are more than one inch (1") too long. Second, the gloves are so slippery, unlike good leather, that my hands slipped right off the steering wheel as if my fingers had been buttered. Fownes has been one of the very best brands of fine gloves for many decades (and made the ones which I had to discard after 30 years of use and why my husband bought these for me) so I'm assuming either this was a fluke or something's not right here and I suspect the latter is true as I notice that another purchaser of these gloves had a similar experience with the ridiculously long fingers (Edward Scissorhands would do well with these). Something's badly amiss on these gloves and my suspicion is that they're very poor knock-offs.
And, I forgot to add: there is no Fownes label in the gloves.

Rate and Discover Movies