5.0 out of 5 stars As good as it gets!
These gloves are the only ones that can keep up with a Canadian winter. I wore out my last pair and was delighted to find them again. The craftsmanship is first rate and the warmth is heavenly. I highly recommend these gloves. The fact that this company ships at lightening speed is a plus as well.
Published on February 21, 2009 by M. Castiglione

2.0 out of 5 stars disappointed in quality
Published on December 23, 2009 by M. Mears

2.0 out of 5 stars disappointed in quality, December 23, 2009
M. Mears (Rochester Hills, MI) - See all my reviews
I am disappointed in the quality of the fur-lined black leather gloves. I've worn them only about a month, and the stitching along the hem of the wrist of each glove has come undone. Also, inside some of the fingers of the gloves, I can feel what seems like pointed and hard edges. It must be the edges of the rabbit pelt lining that was not securely fastened to the leather outer glove. Also, the fingers are bulky and the thumbs are too long, though I ordered the same size I always wear. I would not buy this brand of glove again.

5.0 out of 5 stars As good as it gets!, February 21, 2009
This review is from: FOWNES Women's Rabbit Fur Lined Black Napa Leather Gloves (Apparel)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Gloves, Warmer than Fancy REI Neoprene, January 5, 2011
My search for the warmest and most fashionable winter bicycling gloves is over! The quality of these gloves is unmatched by anything I found in the mall during 2010 (Nordstrom, Macy's, Brooks Brothers...). These gloves have impeccably done seams, wonderfully soft yet durable leather, and real rabbit fur all the way to the tip of your fingers (not so for the mall leather gloves). They are by far the warmest gloves I have ever owned and yet, unlike most winter gloves I have, I can still tie my shoes wearing them. My fingers only begin to feel cold near the end of my 20 minute commute in as low as 13 degree (so far) weather. My only complaint is that their fingers seem shorter than comparably sized gloves I've owned in the past, although they are no more narrow. I'm hoping they will stretch to fit, but I'm going to continue wearing them regardless. Excellent product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good quality and good price!, November 14, 2013
Quality: These Fownes gloves have regular-length rabbit fur which is nicer than gloves with sheared (shorter) fur.
Price: Priced lower than similar gloves and shipping was free.

Fit: I normally wear size 7 1/2 but decided to size up to 8 for a little extra length in the fingers, since my hands are somewhat long. The 8 (XL) is true to size and gives me the extra room I was looking for. The leather is soft and while it's a bit stiff around the seams at first, I know from experience that the leather will soon conform to the shape of my hand (so it "fits like a glove").

Overall: Rabbit-fur lined gloves are the only ones that keep my hands warm in really cold weather, so every couple of years I buy a new pair when my old ones start to fall apart. Leather gloves are also great for driving since they allow you to grip the steering wheel better than knit gloves. These gloves appear well-made, are a good value, and would make a really nice gift as well.

5.0 out of 5 stars High quality pair of gloves, January 18, 2008
fd (Cambridge, MA United States) - See all my reviews
Outstanding craftsmanship both on fur and leather, very soft inside (and fur is not too long).

5.0 out of 5 stars Love these gloves!, January 4, 2011
These gloves are worth every penny. The fur is very soft and keeps my hands toasty warm. The leather is supple and good quality. They were a little tight when I put them on, but they stretched out to fit my hands perfectly.

5.0 out of 5 stars Leather and fur, October 30, 2013
These gloves lasted 5 or 6 years until I lost them. Happy to find the same ones again for my extra cold hands. The leather wore extremely well despite my abuse of them.

3.0 out of 5 stars Too Short!, December 7, 2011
Colleen Groff (Round Lake Beach, IL, US) - See all my reviews
Gloves were fine except they were too short coming just to my wrist. The picture is deceiving with the inside of the glove turned up to show the fur lining. It appears that they would cover one's wrist. I should have asked the length before ordering. They were returned, however, I had to pay return shipping which I guess is the chance you take when buying online.

2.0 out of 5 stars Thinly lined w/ fur, December 11, 2013
I was disappointed by the qualty of the leather and the thinness of the fur lining. I have had fur lined leather gloves in the past and the quality and density of the fur lining far surpassed these gloves.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful Fur lined Gloves, December 4, 2013
I have Reynaud snydrome and the fur keeps my fingers warm and I can drive in them. Size is true to fit. Thanks

Rate and Discover Movies