Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Recess Monkey Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

Package Quantity: 1|Size: Pack of 1|Change

TOP 100 REVIEWERon November 12, 2009
Since the puff pastry dough is wrapped around the mold and baked on it, I needed another set of six to go with my old set so I could bake a dozen at once and save some time. My hope was that this set would match the size of my current set, and they did. These are substantial enough so that they don't bend or dent easily, but of course they are not of commercial quality and the cost reflects that fact.

Cream Horns appear complicated but aren't and if there isn't time to make dough from scratch most grocery stores stock frozen puff pastry dough. Before baking, I brush a light egg wash on the outside of the dough and sprinkle thoroughly with sanding sugar so the light catches the sparkle. Vanilla extract is always good, but flavored whipped cream is an unexpected touch -- other flavored extracts (like peppermint), instant espresso powder, cinnamon, citrus zest or chocolate (cocoa mix) all work well. Fill the horns with whipped cream just before serving.

The shape is also great for appetizers. I use phyllo dough to create horns to fill with a variety of mixtures from pureed/finely chopped vegetable and cheese combinations -- artichoke hearts, cream cheese and parmesan or sun dried tomatoes and goat cheese to smoked salmon, onion and cream cheese mixtures. Really, almost anything you can pipe into the horn will work well. The nice thing is whether for dessert or an appetizer, the shells can be baked in advance and filled quickly right before serving. And, if you want smaller horns, just wrap the dough half-way up the mold.
88 comments|68 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 21, 2011
I've used these now, and been pretty satisfied overall. When I've been smart enough to not let the dough extend past the end of the cone, the shells turn out well. I found that about 5 of 6 shells release cleanly once they've cooled. (So far, I am willing to believe that I wrapped the dough too tightly or got some drops of egg wash on the underside of the dough)
The molds do have a significant seam on them, which isn't a big deal if you grease the molds well, but it does mean that you won't want to use these with things other than dough (like chocolate). They are also not exactly round - they are more of an oval shape (cross section)
Cleaning the outside is pretty straightforward, but cleaning the inside is awkward, as it is a cone and tapers. Oddly, my initial set had some sort of dust (or flour?) dusting the inside, and I nearly penalized the review for that, but I do wash my implements thoroughly before I use them anyway.
A word to the wise - get more than one set of six. Even if you are willing to bake only 6 at a time, it takes far too long to cool the dough, remove the molds, wash them, and get them fully dry between batches.
For the price, it's a pretty good deal.
on October 17, 2011
Very high quality molds. I purchased these for a 2011 Christmas gift to give along with a Cuisinart Pizelle Press. Amazon shipped both items together. I received them very quickly. I highly recommend these molds as they are of high quality and will last many years.
on January 17, 2011
They were exactly what they sound like. They are thinner than more expensive horn molds, which means they will get hotter faster. So if you are trying to roll hot things out of the oven in order to shape them, it's a little difficult. However, on the plus side, they cool quickly just like they heat up quickly. They are not flat cones so you can stand them up upside-down. For the price, and compared to 4 dollars apiece for other types of molds, these get the job done quite well.
on December 2, 2014
made some cream horns for Thanksgiving dinner. they were a superb hit. Coated with a little oil and the dough slips right off. I use olive oil brushed on each one before the first use / first Horn is made, re apply as needed. ( I do NOT recommend using cooking spray it will leave a residue that is hard to clean. )
on December 6, 2014
I like too much I used my daughter birthday everybody like it shape is look like very nice and not to hard to use thank you.
review image review image
on February 27, 2013
Used my new molds last night and my horns came out great. I washed the molds by hand afterwards. It would have been nice if the material was thicker, but with a little TLC - hand washing these should last a long time. Also, delivery was super quick!!!
on February 21, 2013
I was so not satisfied with the product, it is cheap made, i cut myself washing it because the horns were not properly constructed.
so dissapoineted, i wish i could return them, but im not sure about their return policy.
on May 19, 2013
The edges of these molds are razor sharp. Manufacturers of the mold did not seal the edge or make sure it wasn't exposed. I cut my finger almost to the bone!
on April 18, 2015
Really nice cornet molds. Anything larger than this size would constitute a meal vs a dessert. :-) I dry mine in a still-warm oven after washing them by hand, to reduce the instance of any rusting or spotting of the metal finish.