Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Fox Run 4069 Banana Slicer
Safety Month botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Melvins The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

VINE VOICEon October 21, 2011
I wanted a way to quickly slice bananas for making dehydrated banana chips. Being able to cut the entire banana in one stroke seemed like a great idea. The fact that it was curved to produce more uniform slices in spite of the fruit's curvy nature also seemed like a plus. But since it is hard to tell about these things from a picture on a web page, I also ordered a competing product, the Chef'n Bananza Banana Slicer to try as well. Both products arrived today, and I had some firm but ripe bananas waiting for them.

Unfortunately, this slicer is a miserable failure. It squishes its way through even a fairly firm banana. The "blades" are thick and dull. The slices are a bit too large for dehydrating. And the "curved to fit the fruit" idea, while nice in theory, does not line up well with real bananas.

I cannot recommend this product, in spite of what at first glance appears to be a clever idea. Fortunately, my backup plan, the Chef'n Bananza, was a much better solution. See my review of that item for more details.
on January 3, 2013
Jerry Curlan was nice. Sensitive; had lots of friends in Washington. He also had a penchant for squeezin bananas until the goop exploded all over the place. The Fox Run 4069 solved that problem for him. He found it's zig zag edges aesthetically irresistible. So much to the point that he made the Fox Run 4069 the subject of his landmark filibuster of 2014 which he titled: "Gant Chart vs. The State of Nebraska".
on December 24, 2012
This works on regular bananas okay, but not very well on special bananas. I found it to be a little tough on my tender hands (I'm a swimmer). I definitely don't think it's worth the money unless you only eat regular bananas and don't have swimmers' hands.
on May 2, 2013
The spaces were a lot larger than I imagined, and the grates are quite thick, and don't chop the banana all the way through.