5.0 out of 5 stars Decorating Dream
using these bottles makes decorating with royal icing a breeze! I loved how the small bottles comes with a removable tip, so when I wanted a very small tip for detail work, it could be interchanged! So great to use and easy to clean- hot water rinses them clean quickly even after a week of storage in the fridge!
Published 18 months ago by kdiverdown

3.0 out of 5 stars A Labor Of Love
Published 8 months ago by DaddyBil

5.0 out of 5 stars Decorating Dream, January 2, 2013

3.0 out of 5 stars A Labor Of Love, October 24, 2013
DaddyBil (Portland, OR) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Fox Run Set of 3 Icing Bottles (Kitchen)
I bought these icing bottles in anticipation of using Royal Icing for the first time and decorating cut-out cookies (also a first time experience) utilizing the "edge" and "flood" techniques. After researching just HOW to use the icing, I figured I got it down pat. After getting the consistency right, getting the icing into the bottles proved to be the next trick. Using a funnel was worthless--the icing stuck to the funnel and didn't flow. I thought to spray the funnel with cooking spray, but I was afraid of the introduction of the grease and how it would affect the icing. So, I used a GLASS measuring cup and 'helped' it along with a rubber spatula. Still, not the easiest, but easier. I was frustrated on trying to get them actually FILLED--as a bubble of air trapped in them made the icing pop and flow over the edge.

The smaller bottle and it's tip is perfect for the edging. They are soft to squeeze and once you get the hang of it, you can practically write your signature with them. I was feeling confident.

One inherent problem is that they are SMALL...the small bottle holds 1/3 of a cup--do you know how many times you have to refill that for a single batch of cookies? Many. I made about 5 dozen large cookies, and I had to refill those bottles about 5x each.

The larger "flood" bottle holds about 12 ozs--which is adequate for getting a good number of cookies covered, and with it's larger opening, much, much easier to fill

One problem with the "edge" bottle is the screw-down collar is FRAGILE. DO NOT OVER TIGHTEN IT. One out of the 2 bottles' collar has already broken--and I am not hard on my tools. Now, I am down to one edging bottle from this kit.

All of them are super soft and easy to use. All of them seem almost 'non-stick'--the icing slips right out of them. They are easy to clean by letting them soak in a bowl of hot soapy water for a while.

All in all, they are an OK product--just wish the components that would get the most wear--notably the screw-on collar--were of a more durable quality.

4.0 out of 5 stars Easy to use, perfect for small hands, January 1, 2013
This review is from: Fox Run Set of 3 Icing Bottles (Kitchen)
We were very happy with these icing bottles. They were soft enough for my 5 year old to squeeze. They offered great control and took our cookie decorating to a whole new level. The one complaint I have is with the rubber washers that fit inside the top -- if you twist the cap too tightly, the washers twist right out, and requires readjustment. That said, because of this problem, I just took the washer out and it worked just the same.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great product, just be careful of the couplers, May 6, 2013
This review is from: Fox Run Set of 3 Icing Bottles (Kitchen)
The first time I used these I over-tightened one of the couplers and it split open rather easily. I had extra couplers around so it wasn't a big deal, but just be aware. Other than that, these are great. Having two different sizes is nice. I use them for flooding and decorating cookies.

5.0 out of 5 stars Ideal for cookie decorating, January 2, 2013
Cathy Albano (Webster, NY USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Fox Run Set of 3 Icing Bottles (Kitchen)
The smaller bottles with couplers were ideal for outlining. The large accompanying bottle worked well for flooding. I'll order more soon.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what I wanted!, August 29, 2013
This review is from: Fox Run Set of 3 Icing Bottles (Kitchen)
I was looking for decorating bottles that I could use my metal decorating tips on and these fit the bill. I love that it includes two smaller bottles for outlining / detailing work and a larger bottle for flooding. I will definitely order another set of these bottles.

2.0 out of 5 stars Big Bottle is crap. Little bottles are great!, June 3, 2013
This review is from: Fox Run Set of 3 Icing Bottles (Kitchen)
I ordered these last minute, normally I get them here: http://www.countrykitchensa.com/shop/candy-making-supplies/squeezit-mold-painter-set/39/582/614/619471/.
I use the little bottles for chocolate making, e.g. filling molds and drizzling truffles. I've bought the smaller bottles elsewhere and I think they're better quality. These little bottles leak with chocolate so I don't think they'd be very good for flooding icing w/ say cookies. The country kitchen ones hold up better, I'll buy them from there in the future.
The large bottle is garbage. It's hard to screw the lid on and it gets very soft if you rinse it with hot water.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what a baker needs, June 15, 2014
This review is from: Fox Run Set of 3 Icing Bottles (Kitchen)
This set is just what you need in the kitchen or to do crafts. I like the fact that they came with caps so I can take them to my cake classes and then change the cap to a squeeze tip and then when I am ready to pack up my stuff to go home, I just put back the regular cap and am good to go.

2.0 out of 5 stars You can use a couple of times before they start to fall apart., May 23, 2014
This review is from: Fox Run Set of 3 Icing Bottles (Kitchen)
These are cheaply made, so if you're really okay with purchasing them over and over again, then go ahead and buy them. I was hoping to get a product that would last but these are not durable. I used this over a span of a week for a different royal icing and they caps started to fall apart and the bottle deformed from WARM water. They're okay for one time use but do not expect to keep these for the long run.

5.0 out of 5 stars Where have you been all this time???, May 20, 2014
This review is from: Fox Run Set of 3 Icing Bottles (Kitchen)
These bottles have been lifesavers! I no longer labor over the traditional cone making for icing my cookies. I simply fill the needed bottles and get to work. But the best feature is that i can change caps sizes easily when i need a different icing width or design. I've already bought three packs for me and one for a friend. And i know i'll get a few more soon. I love this simple tool.

Fox Run Set of 3 Icing Bottles