Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Fox in Socks: Dr. Seuss's Book of Tongue Tanglers (Bright & Early Board Books(TM))
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Segway miniPro STEM

on March 22, 1998
Sure, it teaches valuable vocabulary words and rhyme schemes to tiny tots. And no doubt there's a thesis somewhere comparing hapless Knox to Stalin knocking heads against the red-white-and-blue American Fox. But *Fox in Socks* is above all other things the first instrument of torture children can use against their parents.
Take Father, tired out from a hard day at the office. "Read me a story, Daddy," coos his blond princess. Father bravely tries to wrap his tongue around "Luke Luck likes lakes./ Luke's duck likes lakes." Daddy's little angel chortles with each misspoken word -- and there are plenty of them by the time he arrives at the muddle puddle tweetle poodle beetle noodle battle paddle battle." She goes to sleep secure in the knowledge that not only can she grow up to be president, but that she's already smarter than her poor parents.
And that's the genius of Dr. Suess. His tongue teasers and outrageous Goo Gooses and Bim Bens and Tweedle Beetles don't just
foster imagination -- they encourage kids to let it run rampant.
HALL OF FAMEon March 14, 2001
Dr. Seuss has created another entertaining children's classic with "Fox in Socks." The plot is simple: the clever title character dazzles his friend Knox with a series of increasingly complex tongue twisters. Along the way, Seuss reveals a number of fantastic images: a marching band in which all the musicians are pigs, a crow in a top hat, and more.
The book even has a touch of science fiction when the Fox introduces Knox to a weird lake of chewing gum-like blue goo. But it's the tongue twisting rhymes that are the central attraction of this book. By the time you get to the "muddle puddle tweetle poodle beetle noodle bottle paddle battle," you will certainly appreciate Seuss's writerly virtuosity. This is a fun book, and the Fox earns his place alongside Seuss's most memorable characters.
on March 8, 2013
My 3 year old daughter loves this book. When I say an app for it, I had to get it for her. She loves watching the kindle as it reads to her and touching various things and seeing the words pop up. My only issue is that when you try to turn pages yourself, you have to click on the screen a few times before it moves. Kind of annoying when your toddler has a short attention span.
on December 28, 2014
I ordered this book, thinking it would be in English. When I received it, however, it was a dual language book, with both English and Chinese. The description says nothing about this, but the image shows what it looks like. It ends up being quite befuddling to the eye to have 2 languages right under one another. For a book that's meant as a learning/tongue-twister book that's meant to be read quickly, it makes it far too confusing.

I was able to get a refund, however.
review image review image review image review image
on May 4, 2012
This is a great book to read to toddlers. Fox in Socks is a masterpiece of linguistic fun.

However, this printing is not the whole book. The storyline conflict between Knox and the Fox has been removed, as have many other small pieces, e.g. "If sir, you sir, choose to chew sir, with the goo goose, chew sir, do sir!" (I read the full version to my older children a lot!)

Having said that, the pages are cardboard, so toddlers can't accidentally rip them, and there won't be any toddler concern about why Knox is mad at the Fox.

So, for toddlers, pick this up now, and get the "full" version when they're a bit older.
on March 20, 1998
Even though it elicits the occasional groan of agony from the adult doing the reading, Fox in Socks is THE favorite book in our house!
That silly, socks-wearing fox and poor, beleaguered Mr. Knox have brought many a giggle to our bed-time reading adventures, not to mention the childish howls of laughter heard during the pathetic, tongue-tripping rendition presented by the victim...ahem...parent chosen to do the reading. From the start of the game to the beetle-battle atop the noodle-eating poodle at the end of the story, Fox in Socks is a frolicking romp for kids of all ages.
Every house with or without children should have this book-it's a classic no library should be without!
on March 18, 2013
This board book makes no sense! While the original Fox in Socks follows two characters as they tackle more and more tongue twisters, this board book just eliminates about half of their dialog and a few of the harder twisters. Where's Luke Luck and his Duck that lick lakes? Where is old Joe Crow? Why only half of the poodle noodle battle? What about Bim and Bin's Big Pig Broom Bands? Don't get this book. Pick up the beginner's library version if you are pressed for cash, but DO NOT BUY the board book.
on January 13, 2002
Although Amazon advertises this book for ages 4-8, my wife and I started reading this and other Seuss books to our children from 6 months on. Always a delight, our kids would laugh at the silliness while acquiring a zest for life at the same time. We started a great habit of reading two or three Seuss books before bed, and the kids loved them. Soon, they would memorize many of the phrases, beginning a lifelong passion for reading.
Every kid should experience reading Fox in Socks while growing up. Join the Fox in Socks as he leads Mr. Knox on a zany adventure of learning and silly rhymes. Combine it with other fun Seuss books and your kids will sit enthralled as you turn the pages. Highly recommended.
on July 19, 2015
Super cute book, I was watching 3rd Rock from the Sun and it was mentioned and I decided to check it out for my son. Compared to other books we read to our son this one is a lot more fun for us. The tongue twisters are hilarious. It actually helped us to read more effectively - instead of skimming chapters we read each word carefully and it makes a difference. Less stuttering and better enunciation.
on December 16, 1998
I bought a horse a year back and his name was Fox in Sox. I was informed that this was the previous owners' favorite childhood book. I bought the book and I must agree. As silly as it may sound to have a show horse named Fox in Sox, I am very glad, because I loved this book! We were going to change his name but after I read the book, I just couldn't and he shows proudly as the only horse named Fox in Sox!