Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Fox and Hen Together (Stories Without Words)
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer angrybirds angrybirds angrybirds  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on August 15, 2012
I don't mind wordless books at all, in fact I rather like making up my own stories for my daughter. This is my first experience with Beatrice Rodriguez (We like Mercer Mayer alot), but I would definitely seek out other books of hers. It is not for super-sensitive parents or kids as a fish gets caught, who then dies and is swallowed by a sea monster who ultimately gets rotisseried over a campfire. My daughter loves it though and thinks it is a great adventure. She is almost three. If she likes it, then I like it.
on April 13, 2011
Laugh out loud funny! I love the expressions on the characters' faces as Hen and Crab sail through one peril after another and especially when Hen thinks Fox might have done something terrible to the egg. This story is touching and dear and the perfect continuation of The Chicken Thief. I certainly hope there will be more Fox and Hen stories.

(This is a totally wordless book that will encourage the imagination of your child--wordless but not babyish. The humor is more sophisticated than that and suits the 4-8 yr age range perfectly. You might even encourage your child to draw his own story like Fox and Hen's to see what he can express in illustration alone.) - Biblio Reads Children's Book Review
on May 26, 2011
When we last saw Fox and Hen, they were happily resting after a frantic escape in The Chicken Thief. It's a possibility that this sequel will find these two living peacefully without incident ... but Beatrice Rodriguez comes through with a heck of a lot more fun than that. This book offers every bit as much excitement as the last, with another fun, unexpected ending.

And now Fox and Hen are blissfully co-habitating in an adorable house carved into the base of a tree. This is a happy house, as evidenced by a series of framed photographs of the embracing couple. The unlikely pair may be long on love but they are short on food. With a kiss, Hen entrusts her egg to Fox (ha! See the twisted humor there?) and sets off with her fishing pole to snare lunch. Just as Hen catches a rather large fish, an enormous bird swoops from the sky, latching firming onto her fish. And the adventure begins!

Sure, Hen could let go, but she has a hungry family at home to feed. She clenches her beak and tightens her grip on her pole. For her efforts, she is deposited neatly into a nest of hungry baby birds who would like nothing better than a tasty chicken lunch. Hen quickly dives into the sea, only to be lustily pursued by a terrifying large sea monster. Brave Hen puts up quite the fight, besting the creature and landing on the beach directly in front of her own cottage. She dashes inside, only to find empty eggshells lying right next to a frying pan. You can't trust a fox!

But it isn't a full-bellied animal who sits in front of the fire. Fox gently rocks a tiny bundle, the baby who hatched while Hen was away. Good thing this is a wordless picture book, because I can only imagine what would have come out of Hen's beak when she was jumping to her conclusions. It sure looks to us like this new arrival has the ears of a fox and the wings of a chicken. Should be a very interesting offspring, indeed.

If you have not tried wordless picture books, I strongly recommend Beatrice Rodriguez. She includes action and adventure, terrific character expressions and plenty of fun-to-read body language. Plus, her books have a way of ending with a wonderful twist. I am delighted to report that we will be treated to one more Fox and Hen adventure, with Rooster's Revenge.
on July 10, 2011
Beatrice Rodriguez illustrates beautiful wordless books, and this is no exception -- which is the only reason I've given this two stars as opposed to one. But unlike our favorite Rodriquez book, "The Chicken Thief" (to which "Fox and Hen Together" is the sequel), the bizarre plot on this one couldn't even hold my attention -- to say nothing of that of my 4 1/2 year old daughter who is the target audience of this book. The storyline, not to mention the illustrations, are confusing at best. Even the title of the book is misleading. It's not so much about the Fox and the Hen as it is about the Hen's adventure on her own. It pains me to write such a negative review -- especially since our family adores "The Chicken Thief" -- but I seriously regret having rushed to pre-order this before it was released. Don't bother investing the money or the time on this one.