Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Fox Run Micro Cookie Cutter Set
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

Size: 12 piece|Style Name: Micro Set|Change

on April 1, 2009
I got these because of the free shipping, there were several in the set and the little tin. They arrived on time, the tin is cute and the size of the cutters is decent. However, they're very thin. As in, I could easily mush one into a ball if I wanted to. I would say try another product.
22 comments| 52 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 21, 2012
I just received these today and haven't used them yet, but I wanted to comment on the size. They are the size I wanted, thank goodness, but I debated the purchase for awhile, so I thought I'd share some details. The tin they come in is about the size of a silver dollar, or slightly larger. Each cutter would cut a cookie that would just cover my thumbnail (med/large woman's hand, nail cut short). I bought them to decorate mini pies, specifically the tiny ones made in mini muffin tins. They are the perfect size for that, because there are none smaller! Can't think of anything else I'd want to use them for, though. Hope this review helps.
on July 12, 2006
An avid home cook that is a collector of both cookbooks and cooking gadgets writes this review. I purchased this product because my cooking has progressed to the point that I am as concerned about presentation as I am the taste of the food I fix for my family. I use this product to make fancy cuts on cookies, pie dough and raw vegetables. I have summarized my observations of this product below:

Pros:

1. Easy to change the shape of the cutout

2. Small size means easy to store

3. Excellent for cookie dough as well as chilled pastry and raw vegetables

4. Easy to clean by hand

5. Makes a very impressive cookie or pie crust that is deceptively simple

Cons:

1. Of limited usefulness but still quite fun (It wouldn't be the first kitchen gadget I would add to my collection)

2. Small size means it should not go into the dishwasher unless you want them to end up in the bottom

If you are wondering what you could do with these, here are some suggestions:

1. Happy Birthday on a top pie crust (cut out dough from the top crust or add dough letters to the top)

2. Message cut out of the top of a quesadilla

3. Monogrammed cookies

4. Monogram tea sandwiches

5. Cut out letters from cooked veggies and use the rim of a plate to send a message

6. Monogrammed french fries of polenta (the potato will needed to be thinner than normal to successfully cut it out)

The options are really endless if you are creative. I think messages in lunches are a nice way to remind those that you love that you are thinking about them.

Overall, if you are looking for way to enhance the appearance of the food you serve your family you will get a lot of use out of these.
on July 1, 2011
I can see why some Folks don't like the Fox Run Flower and Butterfly 11 Piece Cookie Cutter Set, They are very small, Not for Cookies and I knew all of this, after reading your Reviews. I've got many Cookie Cutters: Tear Drops Butterflies Circles Animals Maple Leafs all kinds of Flowers...etc, however, this is Exactly what I was looking for, something small to give that special touch to Pies and Cakes

They are well made Not Flimsy at all, I was very surprised, the only problem is the Set doesn't come with a Color Guide like in the Picture of the Item, without one is hard to put the Pieces back in the Tin...so what I did is very simple, I took a down shot Picture of the open Set, Print it half size, cut and insert it inside the Tin, now you have a Guide to put the Pieces back together! ... Because of the missing Color Guide it only gets four stars. Check my Pictures Posted, Thank You
on March 11, 2008
I can see why the other reviewers didnt like them for cookies, they are very small. These cutters are great for cutting out fondant and sugarpaste shapes. They should title this item differently.
on January 8, 2012
As the price of dog treats seems to keep going up, I thought I would try making some myself. For the first ones I used a gingerbread man cookie cutter. My husband wasn't very happy when he found he was eating dog treats. I thought these bone-shaped cutters were a good idea, but they didn't seem strong enough to cut through thick, heavy dough. They did work fine for the softer dough, though. All around I thought they were really a good deal, and I would reccomend them to others. The price was very reasonable, too.
on December 12, 2008
I bought these mini cookie cutters to make cute bento lunches & they are perfect for this purpose. I put in my order on Tuesday evening, the packaged arrived on Friday morning of the same week, so I'm very happy. The biggest cutter is approx 2.25" by 1" so they are very small. I'm also glad the tin they come in seems sturdy, not cheap. There's only one problem...I should've marked where each cutter fits in the tin because now I can't get them all to fit back in. The set I received is a bit different than the one pictured. I only have 2 flowers. If anyone can help, let me know :)
on January 1, 2014
My 5-year old daughter and I used these with roll-out sugar cookie dough. The cutters work very well. We dipped the edge in flour before each cut and the cookies released easily. The snowflakes retained quite a bit of their sharp points after baking, too. The dough recipe we used isn't one that spreads a lot during baking. I can imagine these cutters would also work well for cutting fondant. I may even try the large one with a biscuit or scone dough, just to see what happens to the shape during baking. We had a lot of fun today, and I'm quite satisfied with this set.
review image
on March 14, 2013
This is a replacement for a set received as a gift but lost. Used to make puppy treats for a friend's small dog and our medium and LARGE dogs. Worked well and would recommend for anyone that prefers to make their own wholesome pet treats.
on September 10, 2009
Round cutter sets like these are a kitchen staple, and I needed a set.
For the price, they get the job done. All in all, they're slightly flimsy, and I doubt they'll last 10 years like some of my other stuff, but they do the job and don't take up a ton of drawer space.

Pros: Do the job they were designed for. Cheap

Cons: Not the greatest, but you get what you pay for.

Conclusion: This is an option if you bake irregularly and need a set to use once every few months. If you bake every week, spring for a heavier duty set.