5.0 out of 5 stars A great fraction that's really 3 lessons in one.
Published on April 7, 2000 by Diane Rausch

2.0 out of 5 stars Not a workbook!
I was looking for a fraction workbook when my son showed some interest in fraction. However this is not a workbook! It introduces the concept of fraction and so on. I kept it because it's not worth the return shipping, but it's totally useless to us.
Published 4 months ago by Xiaochao Zheng

5.0 out of 5 stars A great fraction that's really 3 lessons in one., April 7, 2000
Diane Rausch (Leander, Texas) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Fraction Fun (Paperback)
In my third grade classroom, I used the first part of this colorful book to introduce fractions, both equivalent and adding fractions. They loved the hands-on Pizza Math! We also used the last half of the book to introduce a weighing activity and a discussion of money. The students gave it a definite thumbs up. As a teacher I found the colorful illustrations helpful to the students and appreciate the simple presentation of each concept.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fractions, a delicious but weighty concept, October 30, 2004
This review is from: Fraction Fun (Paperback)
Fraction Fun is a great picture book to introduce fractions to a classroom. David Adler explains the concept of fractions by using slices of a pizza pie. Then by engaging the reader into a simple and fun activity, called Pizza Math, the children learn how fractions can be more than, less than, and equal to each other. Next, the children learn how to use fractions in weight. The children are encouraged to weigh pennies, nickels, pencils, and tissues, all to determine their weight in fractions. Sound complicated? Not with Adler's colorful illustrations, clear directions and the simple, hands on activities. The children learn without much effort and have fun too.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Jumping Off Place for Fractions!, March 13, 2006
This review is from: Fraction Fun (Paperback)
This book had several hands-on activities that were very useful as an introductory lesson for any students or remediation for students who are struggling with the concept of fractions. The activities are also very visual and worked well with the special education students with whom I used it. I easily thought of several extensions of the activities as well so I thought this book was well worth the money. It did proceed very quickly from one type of fraction example to another so I just broke up the activities over several days.

4.0 out of 5 stars oops! Confusing for kids used to metric system, September 26, 2000
By A Customer
This review is from: Fraction Fun (Hardcover)
A great book which covers both concepts and applications in a colorful yet simple format.
But...international customers should think twice if they use metric measurement and currency systems!

5.0 out of 5 stars Another for my collection of math books!, November 6, 2013
This review is from: Fraction Fun (Paperback)
A great book for teaching fractions that helps students learn about fractions and enjoy reading at the same time! Very enjoyable read!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Book, April 7, 2001
"gypsybegger" (Michigan United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Fraction Fun (Paperback)
This book has colorful illustrations and is an excellent in content. It is a great source for children who are trying to learn the concept of fractions/math. A great book and a fun way to learn.

5.0 out of 5 stars great, May 9, 2014
This review is from: Fraction Fun (Paperback)
Another great read for introducing fractions even for my students who are in seventh grade special education. Great great book.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Fun Storybook on Math!, November 8, 2013
This review is from: Fraction Fun (Hardcover)
Awesome book, I wish I had known about it years ago. I think all the kids books should be about something they will have to eventually learn. I love this book, and it will be a keeper.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not a workbook!, March 8, 2014
Xiaochao Zheng (Newport News, VA USA) - See all my reviews

Fraction Fun
Fraction Fun by David A. Adler (Paperback - September 1, 1997)
$7.99 $7.19