1 Review

4.0 out of 5 stars A refreshing breeze in nude photography, July 7, 2000
This review is from: The Fragile Touch (Paperback)
I sall always remember the first time I saw the pictures. Before buying the book I had some postcards of Pascal Baetens. I am myself a photographer and a little bit jealous of the way he succeeded to have a different approach on nudes. All the (young) girls in the book have been photographed in old factories, breweries or other ruins. He only uses available light, and all pictures are in black & white from 35mm film. Apparently he doesn't use a tripod. Because of this basic technical approach (no lighting, no assistants, etc...) he can really pay full attention on the model. The girls look quite comfortable, tough you can see they aren't used to pose in the nude, hence the title "fragile touch". I don't like all the pictures, because of the poor "quality" of some models. But most pics are great: sensitive, vulnerable, innocent. The erotism is very pure, far away from a lot the world of glamour nudes. This is a book I cherish and show to all my friends.

The Fragile Touch
The Fragile Touch by Pascal Baetens (Paperback - Jan. 2000)
Used & New from: $38.20