Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon King easycohice_2016 All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now SnS

on January 8, 2003
This book is a great overview of British Horror films. I have found several films that I now need to try and find on DVD or video that I had either not thought about in decades or had never heard of (The Ghoul, Horrors of the Black Museum, The Earth Dies Screaming, et al.) The writing is well done and the author does a fine job of covering a ton of films in too little space. I own several books from the film series by Creation Books and this title is one of my favorites.
This is an overview of British horror films. Yet the subject is much wider than just horror; that is unless you consider "The Giant Behemoth" and "Fire Maidens From Outer Space" horror. In all, there are approximately, 400 films (an eight page Filmography) mentioned in this book.

It is well organized in like subject matter with several sections on Hammer films. It even comes with a warning that there is adult material; this is probably due to body and body parts being uncovered.

This is not just another pretty picture book as Andy Boot goes into many descriptive comparisons that go beyond the juicy facts.