Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it PME Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro STEM

on November 12, 2013
This book will definitely make you look at the digital world around you in a new light. If you are expecting a dry conspiracy theory laid out in painful detail, this is NOT that book. While there is definitely plenty of meat and potatoes for the conspiracy buffs, there are also endearing characters, intense romance, elaborate character relationships, politics, intrigue and the list goes on. Cars, guns, technology, shadow government agency, explosions, sex, violence and pretty much anything and everything any reader is looking for in a book. What more can I say, other than why haven't you read it yet?
on October 29, 2013
I am always on the lookout for a great book, and I sure didn't have to look far. This author is one I had liked on my Facebook page, and when I saw he had a book out, I was instantly intrigued. Patrick James is definitely aware of what could be or is going on in our country. This book examines the perfect storm that takes the reader on a ride from the beginning to the end without taking so much as a breath. It has many twists and turns and his characters are very easy to relate to as well as fall in love with. God fearing men who would stop at nothing to save America from Tyranny. He left me wanting more, as well as making me more aware of our Government. Or lack of. After reading this book, I am not doubting the very patriot that Patrick James is. One we should all strive to be. I believe, like Patrick does, that Americans need to be more informed of what is truly going on in America.
Highly recommend! Trust me* I can only hope he comes out with another one to follow this one. Please???
on January 4, 2014
The plot was wonderful but skipped around a bit. Certain areas made me feel like I missed something, like the author was assuming we knew something. Needs read more careful before publication. I would however like to see more books by Patrick James as he has a great imagination
on January 23, 2014
Since RFID capsules that can be embedded under the skin have been around for nearly 20 years now, this isn't too far fetched. Also, considering the nefarious deeds the government has been engaged in over the past 16 years, it wouldn't surprise me if they had started to abuse their privileges with our military personnel.

The book was reasonably well written and plot thread was easy to follow. Not too many unexpected twists to keep you thoroughly engaged. I noted a few spelling and grammar errors indicating the editor needs to pay a bit more attention to detail.

All-in-all, an enjoyable read.
on February 4, 2014
This is well written book for the average reader, it's not tolstoy and wasn't meant to be. It's meant to be a wake up call. I recommend this for those looking around and seeing what is going on in this e-life.
on January 5, 2014
I found it a goog read but would prefer it to move faster. The author promised more action in book two, if so it will make it a solid four plus star book. Take a chance you will enjoy reading this one.
on January 5, 2014
I read this book in a couple of sittings, couldn't hardly put it down! I like Patrick's style of writing and the plot of this story. The ''good guy's' and 'bad guy's' were credible and not superhuman in their abilities. Mr. James use of descriptors leaves nothing to be desired, effective and accurate. I look forward to the next book by Patrick James!!!
on January 10, 2014
Mr. James wrote a good book that is full of high tech wizardry that has a potential real world tinge to it. The book leapt around in a couple parts, but by no means did it detract from the thrill of the story. Get it, read it, it's worth your time; and it just might make you pay attention.
on January 4, 2014
Ok, I admit it -- I'm one of those nerds that corrects people's grammar on their Facebook posts. So I definitely notice poor grammar -- especially in a novel. I expect better from a published work. A professional editor would've caught the multitude of grammatical and punctuation errors in this novel -- clearly this novel did not have the services of such a person before its publication.

So, now that I've gotten the "grammar Nazi" out of my system (for now), I will tell you about the book. The story is quite engaging, definitely thrilling, and easy to read (I read it in one afternoon).

The characters are reasonably well-developed, and easy to like. You're definitely rooting for them in the end as if they were real people. You feel the emotions that they're feeling. The author paints a compelling picture, and draws you into the story through the characters' thoughts and emotions. And the author definitely leaves the story open for a sequel -- which I will definitely buy as soon as it's released. (I think that is the highest praise you can offer an author -- offering to buy his next book before it's even been released. I definitely enjoyed the storyline that much.)

Clearly, Mr. James is a big fan of the Constitution of the United States, and of its preservation against government tyrants who would see it torn to shreds in the name of "security." (They call it "security," but what they really mean is "control.") This book is fiction, of course, but it's not at all hard to believe that it *could* happen, given the level of corruption that is rampant within our government today, and the constantly-evolving level of technology available to just about anyone with a bank account -- *especially* large government agencies. You'll find it a very compelling story, as long as you believe individuals should be free, and not part of some huge collective with a few elites ruling over all. And you can't beat the price -- $3 for several hours of reading enjoyment is very much worth it.

(BTW, I would've rated this book 5-stars, but I took off a star for the poor proofreading and editing that was done before its publication.)
on June 18, 2014
This story got off to a slow start and the opening incident, although gruesome, did not have any serious relevance to the rest of the plot. My biggest complaint is the confusion caused by the author's habit of not using the names of the characters at the start of many of the scenes. because of this, you had to guess who was involved or figure it out later. Perhaps this is supposed to add to the mystery, but for me it only confused the story and made the plot difficult to follow. The characters, when I figured out who was who, were well developed and came alive in the story. However, the kidnapping at the end was very contrived and is presumably intended to entice the reader into buying the next in the series. It didn't work for me.