- Sorry, this item is not available in
- Image not available
- To view this video download Flash Player
|Price:||$8.97 & FREE Shipping on orders over $35. Details|
|You Save:||$79.17 (90%)|
The FRAM Ultra Oil Filter is designed to keep your engine clean under the most extreme of conditions. The filter utilizes a cellulose/synthetic filter media blend, layered in two plies and separated by a metal screen. Along with its anti-drainback valve, which holds a reserve of oil in the filter to help protect the engine during startups, this feature allows the Ultra Oil Filter to reach a 97% dirt trapping efficiency rating and deliver up to 10,000 miles of engine protection. Additional features include easy installation and the non-slip Sure Grip outer shell, guaranteed to stay in-hand in even the most slippery of conditions.
Advanced features built into the FRAM Ultra oil filter allow for ultimate engine protection, regardless of how tough the conditions. First, there is its filter media. Cellulose is the most commonly used filter material utilized in oil filters. The strength of this natural material is that it presents a random and irregular field of fibers to motor oil, trapping dirt, yet allowing oil to pass though. But as good a filtering agent as cellulose is, by itself, on average cellulose can only deliver about 80% dirt-trapping efficiency. Like many FRAM oil filters the Ultra oil filter improves on the strengths of cellulose by blending it with microscopic glass synthetic fibers. Together this composite filtering media creates small windows that are able to trap the smaller dirt particles missed by other oil filters, without affecting the flow of oil. The Ultra oil filter then sets itself even further apart from the competition by arranging these media in two plies built into the filter and reinforced with a metal screen. This allows it to trap and hold more than double the dirt of leading economy oil filter brands' average and achieve 97% dirt trapping efficiency.
In addition to filtering media designed to protect engines while they run, the FRAM Ultra oil filter also works to protect your engine when the your car is idle via its built-in silicone anti-drainback valve. Designed to hold a reserve of oil in the filter, this features helps protect the engine during startups by allowing the engine access clean, filtered oil at a time when its components may be lacking it, and need it most.
The FRAM Ultra Oil Filter utilizes the FRAM exclusive no-slip Sure Grip feature. This textured application to the top of the filter makes it much easier to grip during installation and removal - even with oily hands. Steps for installation of the FRAM Ultra Oil Filter are simple and include:
Easy, no-slip installation.
FRAM filters are warranted against defects in design, materials and workmanship. New vehicle warranties remain in effect when FRAM filters are installed according to directions on FRAM filter packaging and replaced at least as often as vehicle manufacturer's recommended change intervals.
Today FRAM is known as America's number one oil filter brand, and the FRAM team continues to manufacture and market a variety of quality oil, air and fuel filters, as well as many automotive accessories such as PCV valves, crankcase filters and transmission modulators.
1. VS LEADING ECONOMY FILTERS' AVERAGE. FRAM Engine Protection ratings are based on multiplying an oil filter's dirt-trapping efficiency by its dirt-holding capacity.
2. Honeywell testing of filter efficiency and capacity of models equivalent to PH8A, 3387A and 6607 under ISO 4548-12 for particles > 20 microns. Engine protection is the FRAM measure of a filter's ability to not just trap dirt but hold it for the life of the filter.
3. Honeywell testing of filter efficiency (using FRAM XG3387A and XG8A average) and dirt holding capacity (using XG8A average only) and their leading economy filter equivalents under ISO 4548-12 for particles > 20 microns.
4. Follow recommended change intervals as noted in your vehicle's owner's manual. 10,000-mile change interval under normal driving conditions using fully synthetic motor oil.
* Note: All FRAM filters are compatible with all the oil types listed.
Fram has a horrific history of manufacturing oil filters that fail. Their filters leak and do a poor job at filtering impurities. Read morePublished 13 months ago by IngSoc
I have been using this filter for years in my low milage vehicles with great results. We only drive total of about 10k miles per year on our four vehicles so it is important to... Read morePublished 18 months ago by Rex
This is not the right oil filter for 2007 dodge with 5.9 diesel.It might work for gas motor.The diesel filter is longer.Published on June 5, 2012 by 50ca