Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Frame 232 (Jason Hammond Novels)
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM

Format: Paperback|Change

TOP 500 REVIEWERon October 28, 2013
One of my earliest memories is the assassination of President John F. Kennedy and it's a memory I'll never forget. Although I do believe in conspiracies (the dictionary definition is: an evil, unlawful, treacherous, or surreptitious plan formulated in secret by two or more persons; plot.) I am not one who thinks everything is underhanded. I've never bought into the JFK conspiracy but I've always thought the ideas people came up with to be interesting. Hence the reason for reading this book (plus the good reviews and the authors worldview). The book did not disappoint in the slightest, in fact it was much better than expected.

Wil Mara is an excellent writer. I try and keep a close eye on the works of authors that are followers of Jesus Christ but have not come across Wil before. It would appear this is his third book. I was very pleased to read that this will not be the last we see of Jason Hammond. The character is excellent and although flawed like the rest of us he is an honorable man whom I would like to read more about. At first I thought he was a little batmanesk but the further I read the less it appeared. The story is a real page-turner and the twists are by no means predictable. I will definitely be reading more in this series.

Those who are not Christians should find this book enjoyable unless the slightest mention of God offends them. The author doesn't hide his views but he doesn't slam the unbeliever either. It's what I would call a well-rounded book that contains a biblical worldview.

Wil explains at the end of the book that he does not agree that there is a conspiracy but when you're reading the book it sounds so convincing that you'll think this is Wil's beliefs. That's the sign of a good author.

1 Star = Pathetic
2 Stars = Fair
3 Stars = Good
4 Stars = Excellent
5 Stars = Life changing

For those who give me a negative vote on my review please comment and let me know why. I'd like to improve my reviews so they can be helpful to those who read them. Please understand I choose not to give a synopsis of the book because it's already given at the top of the home page. I find in doing so too many reviewers give away too much of the plot. Thank you.
on August 20, 2013
Mara is one of my favorite writers. His books are gripping; you don't want to put them down and Frame 232 does not disappoint. Probably my favorite part of his writing is his characters. They seems like people you would meet on the street. To me this is the epitome of a great writer; characters that are real. Frame 232 is a great series starter. We are introduced to Jason Hammond as the series main character, but he does not steal the show; other characters play pivotal roles and are equally as well developed.

Teaser: After her mothers death, Sheila is thrown into a political cover up of global proportions and is knowledgeable enough to know she cannot handle this alone. She reaches out to Jason Hammond, a known mystery hunter, for help. Hammond cannot help but become involved in the biggest cover up in American history regarding the Kennedy Assassination.

I cannot wait to read the next Hammond novel (of course I have a year to wait - sigh). I highly recommend this book.
on August 29, 2013
I am not a conspiracy theorist, by nature, nor have I studied the assasination of John F. Kennedy. BUT this book by Wil Mara, whose premise is wrapped around the idea that a secret film of the assasination from a different angle exists and reveals information that changes history, is compelling.

A work of fiction, for sure, as the author even admits.

This isn't the kind of fiction I usually read, but I loved it. Jason Hammond, the billionaire adventurer who travels the world solving mysteries, is a Jason Bourne/James Bond/Bruce Wayne type without the swagger or harem. I'd follow him into a dangerous situation, just as Sheila Baker does. When she discovers that her mother has been hiding a film recording of JFK's assasination, Baker contacts Hammond for help.

The rest is an action-packed thrill ride that reads like you're watching a movie, only better.

I was over halfway through the book when I realized Mara writes in an omniscient point of view, meaning we, the readers, see and notice things the charaters don't. It's a unique style, one I can't remember reading. It's also difficult to do well, but Mara nails it.

If you're into action-packed stories, adventure, conspiracy and the like, I'd recommend this one. And even though it's Christian fiction, its religious themes are subtle. Important to the story but not beat-you-over-the-head obvious.

We can expect another story featuring Jason Hammond next summer. I can't wait.
on August 28, 2013
This book has impressive character development and thrilling investigations. I am not a fan of conspiracy theories, and do not follow the ones mentioned in the book, but the fictional character based on a witness to the assassination was fascinating. It was an excellent thriller with a lot of imagination. I deeply appreciate the lack of foul language and prurient content. Wil Mara is talented enough to describe dark scenes and angry remarks creatively without the foul language. Of course, there is violence, but the subject was a brutal and very sad murder. In the pursuits and the intrigue, the violence was to be expected and to me, fit in just right; also, the conclusion tied up all loose ends. I like the main characters and would be interested in reading more stories about them. I could not put it down (even for lunch). The author's notes at the end were enlightening. I recommend this book!
on August 28, 2013
Frame 232 is a suspenseful novel with unforgettable characters. Sheila inherits a safe deposit box after her mother dies from cancer. The safe deposit box has not been touched in over 20 years and has been a curiosity at the bank that houses it as well as with the law firm that Sheila's mother hired to own the box. When Sheila opens the box, she finds a film that changes her life dramatically as well as a side of her mother she never even knew. After Sheila returns home with the film, she watches it and is shocked to find out that her mother had been there at the President Kennedy Assassination. The film was basically a recording of the shooting and is proof of a conspiracy that the president was taken out by not just one shooter, but two. When Sheila researches the conspiracy, she discovers that her mother was the mysterious lady that the government and assassins have been looking for all this time. After Sheila discovers her mother's secret, she contacts a billionaire, Jason, who is known for helping uncover the real truth of mysteries. Together, Jason and Sheila work to solve the real truth about the JFK assassination. However, there are some very powerful people who do not want this truth known and they will stop at nothing to prevent this from happening. As Sheila and Jason struggle to find out more about the assassination, they face numerous assassination attempts themselves. Will Sheila and Jason discover the real truth behind the president's murder? Will the assassins be found and brought to justice? Will the assassin after Sheila and Jason succeed in his mission? These are just a sample of the questions that will be answered when you read this book.
on March 6, 2016
Very thought-provoking, well-written what-if story. It captivated my interest and kept me turning the pages until the end. Since I remember the JFK assassination, I was very intrigued by this author's premise. I highly recommend Frame 232.
on July 10, 2013
I just finished reading Frame 232 by Wil Mara for the Tyndale Summer Reading Program and I loved it!!! I could scarcely put it down it was so good. First off, I am one of those nerds who reads the author bios and did you know that Wil Mara ghost wrote some of The Boxcar Children Mysteries. I mean you know he has to be a good writer then. :P

But seriously this book is amazing. It starts out on the day of the Kennedy Assassination from the point of view of the babushka lady, the name of the lady who they believe had a camera and filmed the assassination but has never come forward with it. Then the book fast forwards to her dying and it being left behind to her daughter who watches it and decides this needs to come out. She doesn't trust the media or the politicians so she goes to a private sleuth, John Hammond (this is the first of the John Hammond novels and I am looking forward to more). From here there are so many twists and turns and Mara writes with such grace. It's just amazing. I loved every minute and I didn't have all the pieces figured out until the very end. One thing would be revealed and I'd be like oh ok and then I'd realize wait there's more. It's a great mystery, thriller type book and I highly, highly recommend it!
on August 15, 2013
President John F Kennedy was assassinated in 1963. Zapruders famous film shows the assassination as well as another woman filming across the street. This woman nor her film have ever been found. Several theories believe that Lee Harvey Oswald didn't act alone and that the mysterious "babushka lady's" film could prove it. Well what would happen if the film was found? Wil Mara's book takes that idea and runs with it. This book begins a new series featuring Jason Hammond a wealthy humanitarian who seeks to solve history's mysteries.

I couldn't put this book down. I absolutely loved it. I was riveted from the first few pages. Mr Mara takes such care with using historic details as well as interweaving fictional details. The characters are wonderfully developed, scenes are described in detail as if you were actually there and the ending has an unexpected twist. Mr Mara takes you on a wonderful and exciting journey, you don't want to miss it. I have no complaints with this book at all. I enjoyed his writing style and the story at large. I'm very excited to read his next book , I can't wait!!
on August 11, 2013
This was a great book. I enjoyed reading it. The characters and plot were well developed and interesting. It held my attention from page one. The JFK murder conspiracy theory is well known. I loved Shelia and Jason and how they interact. The book was a combination thriller, suspense, mystery, and a tiny bit romance. The characters were believable and real. The story is told from a few point of views including Jason. The plot details were great and not confusing. The author describes the conspiracy and the details around it interweaving the modern day plots. I can't wait to read the next Jason Hammond book. Recommended.
on December 23, 2013
Wow, this one totally grabbed me from the first page and held me fast until the end. Even though we already know Oswald did the deed, the author introduces some impressive plot lines towards multiple shooters and scenarios being played out in case Oswald choked, missed, or failed to follow through somehow. The characters are strong and the main character is on a level with Dirk Pitt and Bruce Wayne (without the bat garb). Jason Hammond is here to stay and might be worthy of graduating to the silver screen!