Automotive Deals Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Ruby jewelry Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports STEM

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-21 of 21 posts in this discussion
Initial post: May 2, 2013 6:41:37 PM PDT
steven says:
Do you think they will release a patch for the frame rate problem? I mean the xbox version didnt have this problem and this is supposed to be the superior version.

Posted on May 2, 2013 9:33:38 PM PDT
Zach Fett says:
I really hope so. This lag is really annoying. It was even doing it in the in-game menu. Every time thunder went off in the beginning area it would lag a split second. Same while playing and not in the menu, it almost seemed like it just lagged every 20 seconds.

Posted on May 2, 2013 11:34:58 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 2, 2013 11:40:33 PM PDT
B. McLain says:
Since I came here to specifically ask about this I'm glad I'm not the only one to notice it. It's been a while since I've played the 360 version and didn't remember that much lag before. Not to mention the main screen music (one of the best tracks in the game IMHO) stutters very noticeably.

EDIT: I should also point out that the controls do not feel smoother to me. On the 360 I was a force to be reckoned with, on this I have a hard time aiming without using the new 'lock-on' feature. Maybe I'm rusty, but it didn't seem improved to me at all. I don't know.

Posted on May 3, 2013 5:55:17 PM PDT
steven says:
You can change the control's in the option screen. The big improvement is the camera it gives you much more freedom in the directors cut. And I did notice some audio glitches to, besides the music you mentioned there's also a echo in some of the dialogue.

Posted on May 3, 2013 7:24:46 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 3, 2013 7:34:06 PM PDT
B. McLain says:
Thanks for the reply man. I should have been more detailed in my critique of the controls because the button placement wasn't actually what I was having a problem with. (I was tired when I wrote that post. XD ) I actually haven't had too much of a problem adjusting because everything seems at least as serviceable as the 360's control scheme.

For instance, I'd press L1 to pull my pistol and it would take 3 seconds for York to take me to 'aiming mode' and I'd have to fuss about with the targeting reticule about another 3 seconds to get it to where it would allow me to lock on to the "Shibito" (I'm calling them this because I don't know what they are supposed to be called and they do remind me a bit of the enemies in Siren.)

Now granted this could all be because of the severe frame rate drop I was experiencing at the time. As everything I'm talking about happened in the first Rainy/Action Sequence, especially towards the end with the two infinite spawning points of Shibito. They were spawning at the normal rate though, because by the time I took care of one I had five right behind me for some reason.

Once past the initial rain sequence things seemed to clear up a bit, but I'm about to hit the one in the hospital and I guess that will be where the true test comes in.

The Hotel and Police Station worked great, almost perfect indoors. Outside, things seem to take a fairly noticeable hit in frames per second but not too bad (I guess). I'm just glad my car doesn't careen off in random directions while driving!!! (Looking at you 360) LOL

If being out doors + rainy + infinite spawn points causes this, it is really going to suck for me towards the end game stuff. LOL Outside of the hospital/in the car, I have noticed the echo you were talking about.

I'm thankful I was able to play it on the 360 first, hopefully people playing for the first time won't have these issues or will just be oblivious to them. Such a great game.

EDIT: It also sometimes pauses during conversations, like it can't buffer quick enough or something. This happens when switching between two or more speakers. (If that makes sense.)

Posted on May 3, 2013 10:01:31 PM PDT
I really hope so. I love the new controls and exclusion of the graphical filter from the 360 version, but the framerate and audio problems are really annoying.

If only you could take the 360 and PS3 versions and smash them together, then you'd have the best Deadly Premonition ever.

Posted on May 3, 2013 10:37:43 PM PDT
physhal says:
The prevailing theory on GameFAQs is that the game runs poorly on the new super slim model PS3s. Some people with older PS3s have reported lesser or no issues. I have not seen enough examples to declare this as a fact yet. I myself have a new 250GB super slim and I am experiencing frequent stuttering.How about you? Is you are having problems, what kind of PS3 to do have? For that matter, if you are not having problems what kind of PS3 do you have? If we can get some information to the developers it will increase the likelihood of a patch.

In reply to an earlier post on May 3, 2013 11:11:26 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 3, 2013 11:32:38 PM PDT
B. McLain says:
@physhal: I have the first version of the slim at 150 GB, got it basically just a few months after the slim's release and price drop.

EDIT: System Software version 4.31 (DP made me update to this from the disk. Maybe there's a newer one from SONY that might fix the problem. I don't keep the PS3 plugged in to the Internet. Just a thought.)

In reply to an earlier post on May 3, 2013 11:16:24 PM PDT
B. McLain says:
@UziSpray:
"If only you could take the 360 and PS3 versions and smash them together, then you'd have the best Deadly Premonition ever. "

I know right? I've heard tell that the original PS3 Red Seeds Profile didn't have these problems so it's got to be something that's been added.

In reply to an earlier post on May 3, 2013 11:44:57 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 3, 2013 11:45:42 PM PDT
physhal says:
@B. McLain: I don't think its the firmware. I have the latest version 4.41 and that hasn't fixed anything.

Posted on May 4, 2013 1:17:34 PM PDT
I have a Slim (not super Slim).

Posted on May 4, 2013 9:44:51 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 4, 2013 9:51:59 PM PDT
James says:
i read on gamefaqs that on the developers twitter they have mentioned that they are looking into the framerate problems so a patch will probably come out at some point. I don't have a link or anything but seems legit.
Edit: here is the link https://twitter.com/RisingStarGames/status/330262354711425024

Posted on May 5, 2013 12:31:16 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 5, 2013 12:50:46 AM PDT
Treepy D says:
I rented the Xbox version and played a little bit of it, loved the aesthetic and everything, felt like a believer. As soon as I heard about an improved, definitive PS3 version coming out in a few months, I promptly returned the game and patiently awaited a release. So now here it is, in my PS3's disc slot. I can forgive a lot of things but this sluggishness really hinders my enjoyment. It feels like watching a .GIF from 1998 rather than playing a video game.
I have some advice to ask for. Should I wait for a patch, however long that may be, or rent/purchase the 360 version and resume playing on that? I've waited so long, Zach, don't know if I can wait any longer...

In reply to an earlier post on May 5, 2013 2:01:03 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 5, 2013 2:10:52 AM PDT
James says:
Ive never played the 360 version so i have no basis for comparison, but the framerate issue is at its worse in that beginning segment in the woods. after that i didn't have any noticeable fram rate issues, I'm only six hours into the game though. the next two segments outside of driving and side quests was in a hospital and lumberyard factory. small confined areas and no framerate lag. The audio stuttering is bad though, every 30-45 seconds of spoken dialogue in cutscenes will have a stutter that is kind of jarring. i got used to it and intend to keep playing.

so i would say play for a few more hours and see if the framerate lag gets better for you as it did for me.

I would bet that the developers would want to patch this game as quickly as possible since its a niche somewhat obscure title and are banking on the first few months of strong sales as it will likely go out of print within a year or so. As word spreads about the framerate issues and audio problems anyone who was on the fence and didn't preorder it will be less likely to buy it in that timeframe.

Posted on May 5, 2013 8:06:30 AM PDT
I think it'll go out of print sooner rather than later. Rising Star Games seems like they don't have much lined up for North America beyond this game.

But both Akai Katana and Under Defeat HD, both brilliant games, are still readily available at the moment, but so was Deadly Premonition on 360 until Ignition was bought by Disney.

Posted on May 5, 2013 11:23:44 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 5, 2013 11:26:31 AM PDT
Mike&Marge says:
No this is not because of the PS3 or ANY other reason, this is just a horrid job. I own the PS3 original version in Japanese with English dialog (bought this to finally get what I could not translate where there was no audio dialog), my original plays FLAWLESSLY to THIS DAY (tested it not but an hour ago). This version on the other hand gets so slideshow like it got friends watching my play sick, no BS 1-10 FPS in many areas if you run and swivel your camera, OR just pick up an item. It isn't just FPS either, but if I had solid 15-20 FPS I'd flat out deal with the rest of it. They better be doing a LOT more than 'looking into' a patch as they said on their twitter, ridiculous.

Posted on May 5, 2013 8:22:29 PM PDT
steven says:
@ B. McLain-No problem. I actually didn't notice that, honestly I thought when the game wasn't jumpy that the combat was much easier.
@physhal-More people have the slim the the old model so people complaining about the frame rate saying they have the slim doesn't mean much. I have the slim model like the majority of ps3 owners.
@ Mike&Marge-Agree.

Posted on May 7, 2013 3:35:35 AM PDT
Rain says:
I've been having problems too and I have the superslim using the disc.

Posted on Aug 30, 2013 10:21:15 PM PDT
G. Larson says:
I have been holding off on this game. Waiting for a patch. Reports say that there is no patch in the works. If they won't bother to patch it, why should I bother to buy it?

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 31, 2013 2:51:57 AM PDT
Rain says:
I have heard people who bought the download version say they had no problems. I have yet to confirm that for myself. I bought the disc and had problems. Is there anyone who downloaded the game from the PSN store who had issues? I am planning to download it and see if it makes any difference.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 14, 2014 7:21:33 AM PST
Bert Sayers says:
I have played for about 2 hours with the PSN/download version on my early model "fatty" PS3. I have noticed some lag, slight audio hits (crackling and stuttering) and some frame drops but not enough to ruin my gaming experience.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  11
Total posts:  21
Initial post:  May 2, 2013
Latest post:  Nov 14, 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 4 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about