Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Frampton Comes Alive!
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Melvins Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Segway miniPro

Format: Audio CD|Change

Showing 1-10 of 18 reviews(3 star). Show all reviews
on May 4, 2000
Every Frampton fan obviously knows these tunes, my comments here relate to the CD reissue of this classic album.
What you see is what you get, nothing more. No additional bonus tracks, photos, etc. With a running time of 77 minutes, this could have fit on a single CD. Instead, you pay top dollar for a two CD set with half empty CDs. Amazon's whopping discount doesn't help either. After 25 years, Frampton's fans deserve better than this. Surely A&M has made enough off of this monster selling album by now.
If you don't mind overpaying for catalog material and have plucked down for other ripoffs like the Beatles Red and Blue album CD reissues, by all means go and buy this one too. If you have a computer and a good vinyl copy, you're better off saving $ and copying the album off onto a single CD-R, like I did.
By the way, will "Wind Of Change", "Frampton's Camel", and his oother solo albums ever be reissued? If so, I hope they get better treatment than this album did.
on March 27, 2013
This review is for the SACD version of this release. I have to say that the music contained is really great classic rock.
With that said, this review is mostly about the sound of this release. It's a fairly quick review. This SACD is very bright and left my ears ringing when played at high volume. It also sounds as though they bumped up the volume on the release some would call it compressed.
I really love the music but it just killed my ears with harsh highs. The current price doesn't make this an attractive purchase. Maybe it will get the shm-SACD treatment. 3 stars because the music contained is classic rock at its best.
on January 12, 2005
This would probably only matter to people who originally purchased Frampton Comes Alive when it first came out.

When I was a senior a Cal and on a tight budget, Frampton Comes Alive came out as a double album (vinyl of course) priced as a single album. I bought it without knowing much about Peter Frampton and I loved it. So did everyone else. As Mike Myers said in Wayne's World, it was as if everyone was issued a copy at birth. I remember sitting in my Berkeley apartment hearing the strains of it from some distant stereo.

I've never much cared for other Frampton recordings. His studio versions of the same songs weren't nearly as good, at least far as I could tell.

After years without a copy of the album, I finally broke down and bought it. I decided to splurge on the deluxe edition. For me, that was a mistake. I was used to the original, and changing it did not make it better. There is a reason the new cuts didn't make it to the original album. They aren't bad, but they're not as good. For me, they detract from the album, which I would otherwise rate as five stars.
on January 25, 2011
I guess I was a little too young back in '76 to remember this album, although the popular hits "Show Me the Way" and "Baby, I Love Your Way" are familiar. I recently bought a copy because I had heard a lot about it and how important it was, musically, to the rock-pop period of that area.

I wouldn't say that I am totally underwhelmed by it, but I also can't say that it's a terribly impressive or epic album. It's just kinda there. I do agree that it seems representative of mellower pop-rock of the era.

I am a huge fan of 70's music in general, all genres. I can genuinely say that like the 70s prog rock, reggae, proto-metal & metal, proto-electronica, classic rock, krautrock, punk, disco, new wave, pop, country, soft rock, funk, etc. Probably my favorite musical decade overall. And having said that, this album does very little for me. It's not that it's a bad record, it just seems like a lot of middle-of-the-road filler. Good background music if you are working on something and don't want to be distracted by the music you are listening to...
on July 16, 2015
great entertainment
on October 10, 2008
I was pretty disappointed in the quality of this release. There is too much noise that should have been filtered out in the remastering. I was expecting it to be cleaned up versus the original LP. IMO, not worthy of a deluxe edition.
Having said that, the live performace is top-notch and the extra tracks are nice.
on August 28, 2013
I guess when an artist has just one hit he makes you buy the whole Album to make himself look good.
on July 27, 2015
Even after 40+ years, my reactions are "Who's Peter Frampton?" and "I didn't know he was dead." I had no idea who he was when this album came out, but he did have terrific songs.
on April 13, 2013
Got what was ordered in good time and condition. Since the CD was for someone else, and I just listen along, I gave it an OK rating. All depends on your music preferences, I guess.
on May 19, 2015
Fair at best - missing a lot of his best stuff - Jumping Jack Flash as a filler doesn't cut it.