5.0 out of 5 stars The perfect equestrian-style boot
Published on August 25, 2012 by fnette

2.0 out of 5 stars my calves were too fat
I liked the look of these boots and they seemed very well-made, but my ballet calves were just too fat for them, so back they went.
Published on December 7, 2012 by Morgan

5.0 out of 5 stars The perfect equestrian-style boot, August 25, 2012
Hard to buy tall boots online, because even if you know the calf circumference the ankle could be too wide and baggy-looking. I am so pleased I took a chance and got these! Definitely for a narrower calf - true to measurements. The toe is just right in terms of narrow-ness. They fit comfortably snug around my skinny jeans and should be fine with tights too. I like that there is no goring as that can make a boot look cheap. I love this style of boot and the leather quality is impressive. I bought the dark brown and it's gorgeous. My only complaint is I wish I'd bought a pair in another color too with the one-time discount Amazon offers if you sign up for shoe emails! :(

4.0 out of 5 stars Finally a boot for slim legs!, December 7, 2012
I have been searching for brown equestrian style boots for years. I've felt like Goldilocks- every one I came across had something wrong with it, or if it didn't it was $300! I ordered these and the Nine West Shiza to compare, and I kept these ones.

I found the quality of these excellent for the price. The leather is burnished without being shiny (which looks cheap IMO), it has a nice suede-like lining, and they have enough structure to stand on their own. The full zipper makes them easy to get on and off. They fit true to size but I must caution that they will only fit you if you have average to narrow feet and slim calves! Personally I was thrilled to find some boots that weren't baggy on my legs. These are snug with skinny jeans or cords underneath and narrow enough to wear bare-legged with a skirt. The measurements provided are accurate.

I have worn them shopping several days and to work twice and they don't rub at all. However, there really isn't any cushion to the footbed so if that is a concern for you, maybe size up a half size so you have room for inserts. Really, the only change I would make to these boots would be to add more cushioning (and maybe make the shaft 1/2-1" taller).

5.0 out of 5 stars Well made boot, October 6, 2012
I ordered the boot in brown, size 10. The boot was beautiful, well made, and comfortable. What I like the best is that the lining was the suede from the leather and did not have a synthetic lining. I had a coupon so the value was outstanding. After the boot came, I ordered it in black. Had another coupon but was not as much as the first. Don't care though, LOVE THE BOOTS!

5.0 out of 5 stars Conservative and young at heart, January 7, 2013
I ordered six pairs of boots before finding these- it was another customer's raving review that attracted me to ordering a 7th pair. My calfs and ankles are narrow and these boots fit like a glove from the very very first moment
I put them on my feet. I have been wearing them daily for 10 to 12 hours each day , in the office and out in the warehouse and then to church on Sunday . Would highly recommend if your size is stil available. I am thinking about now ordering brown.

5.0 out of 5 stars Versatile and simple, October 6, 2012
Purchased these in dark brown, they are exactly what I had been wanting but could never find. They work well with skinny jeans tucked in or with skirts. If you're looking for just a plain boot without a lot of "bells and whistles" then you'll probably like these. Very basic but useful staple.

4.0 out of 5 stars nice but runs small, November 24, 2012
LVM (Seatlle, WA) - See all my reviews
Cute boots, but my normal size 7 was super tight. Order half size up. also, the toe is really a hybrid of pointy and round. it seems to look rounder in the photo.

2.0 out of 5 stars my calves were too fat, December 7, 2012
Morgan (Menlo Park, CA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Franco Sarto Women's Clint Knee-High Boot (Apparel)

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautifully Crafted, November 27, 2012
These boots are absolutely gorgeous and very well made.
I have skinny calves (about 12 inches around widest part) and they fit fine with thinner skinny jeans.
They are a little big around my ankles which causes the leather to slouch slightly there.
I would not recommend these for people with larger calves as they might be too tight for you.

5.0 out of 5 stars Gorgeous, quality boot, March 20, 2013
The Franco Sarto won! I ordered three boots at the same time in order to compare. This one, the Klub Nico Zofia, and the Anne Klein Evon. I have posted thorough reviews on those boots as well. The Franco Sarto was obviously the highest quality leather and craftsmanship. This design is a classic riding boot, smooth straight shaft, with subtle embellishment. The buckle at the bottom is a harness design which I think is a clever style for a riding boot. The inside of this boot is lined with suede material. It is comfortable and fits true to size. Let me first start by saying that I have a foot that does not fit into just any boot or shoe, so I hesitate to order shoes without trying them on first. With the Amazon Prime feature that allows you to return items without paying shipping either way, I decided to order three pair. This boot fit my narrowish foot like a glove with a thin sock. If you are looking for a classic, low heel, riding boot with a smooth shaft and clean lines, this is your boot. I am 5'7 and the boots hit right below my knee. I wear a size 8 jean and have average 15 inch calves and these boots fit perfectly with a pair of skinny jeans tucked in. I will say that of the three boots, this one was the tightest in the shaft but not too tight to be uncomfortable. I think they will loosen up a bit with wear. The shaft angles upward at the top on the outside of the leg which adds a nice flair. They fit like a glove, and have more of a pointed rather than square or rounded toe. The padding on the soul is thin but not uncomfortable. Overall, this is a classy boot!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great boots!, December 12, 2012
Great quality! I had been looking for a pair of boots for awhile that didn't have a lot of bells and whistles. These were perfect for me. They look great with skinny jeans.