4.0 out of 5 stars great--but falls a little short for tall girls
Published 9 months ago by eastsiderat88

1.0 out of 5 stars for skinny calves only
as stretchy as the back material of these boots are, it was still not big enough to fit my calf (my calf measures 14.5" without pants
Published 5 months ago by kim

4.0 out of 5 stars great--but falls a little short for tall girls, October 8, 2013
This review is from: Franco Sarto Women's Motor Boot (Apparel)
I noticed these boots quickly popped up recently online and are selling out fast, but there are few reviews out yet, so i am putting this out quick to help put out more 2 cents on them. They are a very good counterpart to their almost $600 protege, ahem, you know what boots i am talking about, but they do fall a little short, literally. i measured the front of the shaft from the arch straight up to the top front along the zipper and i measured them at about 21" (backside about 19"), this should be good for most women, but as i am almost 5'11" they do just hit at the mid-bottom of the kneecap for me, i do believe about an inch below where the 5050 hits. This should be no problem for most women but i want my OTK to hit at least to mid-kneecap.

Next, the quality of the leather is very good. It is soft and looks high quality, buuttt the back material is just okay. it doesn't have the elasticity i was hoping for to hug the back of my calf. my calf at it's widest hits just short of 15", and i got a bit of gaping going on between the back of the boot and my calf, i pretty much wear exclusively leggings, if i was into denim it might hug just right. The inside zipper makes for getting this boot off and on super easy.

I am a true size 9.5, and the 9.5 fits me perfect. The sole is of high quality and I think they would do allright for the winter. All in all, these boots are awesome for under $200 boots, i love them, but i was hoping they would substitute the need for me to get the pricier version, just not quite cutting it, so i can't comment on how comfortable they are to walk in all day long, but they seem very comfortable. regardless i would recommend them if you are not as picky or tall as me! :)

4.0 out of 5 stars Great buy!!, October 3, 2013
This review is from: Franco Sarto Women's Motor Boot (Apparel)
I just received these boots yesterday and cannot be more excited.These boots look
almost identical to these $500 boots I really wanted. With a discount code from
the website I saved a lot of money and cannot believe what a great deal I got.

These boots have such a beautiful feel and look! They hug your calves, and look
very classy. Now about the fit, I gave them four stars because depending on your
leg shape, they may not fit perfectly. For me, they look a little funny around the
ankle because I have a bigger calf and small ankles. They have a little sagging
and scrunching aroudn the ankle which is not the best of looks. However, because I love
these boots so much I found a way to make them work. I wear a thicker /stuff the area
with a sock to fill in the space in the ankle. I know sagging will occur with any
softer leather boot and if your legs are skinnier I doubt you will have as much of
that problem.

I love these boots so much! they are comfortable to walk in, look very stylish and
are an AMAZING deal. I went to Nordstrom and Macy's for hours looking at different
boots that were slightly similar. There is nothing in store that come as high
as these boots do to your knee (slightly above the knee) for an affordable price.
I spent hours looking and they still cost $200 and above for styles that look cheaper
and lower quality leather. They are true to size with more of a tighter feel but remember
they are leather and will stretch.

5.0 out of 5 stars FABULOUS., January 13, 2014
This review is from: Franco Sarto Women's Motor Boot (Apparel)
I am SO HAPPY that I bought these boots. Worth every penny - as they look almost identical to their $600 designer counterpart. Comfortable and easy to wear. At 5'3 - these hit just above the knee, which is exactly what I was looking for.

The zipper is a bit hard to do the first couple of times, but as you wear them, the back fabric panel and leather give a little, which makes it easier/more comfortable. From what I've gathered so far, these will work best with plain black leggings or tights. Have yet to try them with jeans. I've worn them for three days straight and still no blisters.

Worth every penny. A very enthusiastic five stars.

4.0 out of 5 stars solid boots, February 3, 2014
These boots are as good as they look. Ad per my wife they have elastic type material at the back that makes them fit perfectly . Also the length is perfect for.person with height 5ft 7 inch and above .
The overall quality is very good compared with other Michael kors etc brands.

Not a 5 star as they are expensive still.

Amazon service was perfect

5.0 out of 5 stars Look great but my calves are too big!, December 23, 2013
I love these boots BUT I have larger calves and the boots didn't fit well on me! They would also fit better on a taller woman. I'm 5'4. Unfortunately, I had to return them but I would recommend them to anyone looking for a nice over the knee boot!

1.0 out of 5 stars for skinny calves only, January 15, 2014

3.0 out of 5 stars Franco Sarto Women's Motor Boot, October 7, 2013
I really loved the way these boots looked online, but they just didn't measure up when I tried them on-
they went way up over my knee in front and were just not flattering at all because of the panel in back
that is a material instead of leather. I prefer all leather boots, I guess. These had an odd
fit because of the combination of gortex/fabric /leather. Not for me.

4.0 out of 5 stars sizing is much smaller than expected, June 9, 2014
I wish they had size 9 in the camel --- but they are out of stock. :( This is the best looking color option of this boot.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not cute. Look cheap., May 17, 2014
I don't know what is happening to Franco Sarto. They used to have nice quality boots, but now everything i try from them is cheap looking. The quality on these is just horrible. The leather is very thin and looks horrible. The elastic portion is very very cheap looking and gaps when you have them on. Terrible. I returned them.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice boot, May 16, 2014
The design is nice but my legs are the typical Asian size so it doesn't fill out the boot leg. I had to wear a thicker sock.

Franco Sarto Women's Motor Boot