5.0 out of 5 stars THE FINAL WORD ON AMY'S 1st 2 ALBUMS..., January 20, 2010
This review is from: Frank & Back To Black (Audio CD)
Yes it is...both albums in 2CD UK deluxe editions...with no tracks missing (yep, "Addicted" is there in all it's glory)...together in a nice, stylish, compact booklike 4CD box, not unlike the Faces and Paul Weller singles boxes. I came upon this set by accident, as I had the 2007 2CD UK deluxe of "Back To Black", in the nice, sturdy, hard black slipcase...amazed that it never got reissued in the US as it was a massive hit in wake of her 2008 Grammy win...and I knew there was a similarly packaged white UK 2CD reissue of "Frank"...the US version was missing "Help Yourself", and I found this out after-the-fact, when I bought the US deluxe and sold my original UK CD of "Frank"...I was angry!!! Soooo I went-a-looking for this 2CD UK "Frank" and, wahey, I came upon this deluxe, beautiful 4CD bookbox of both albums instead!!! And no, I did not come upon that "Frank"...it might be quite limited...but I didn't care, and I was happy as I came upon this much-better alternative!!!

I got it in the mail today, new and sealed, and it was perfect...PERFECT!!! And it had a nice little surprise as well...the US 2CD edition of "Frank" had 17 tracks on the bonus disc...I thought it was the same on the UK edition...nope...the box has 18, EIGHTEEN!!! The other extra track is track 2, a demo of "You Send Me Flying", so in reality, the US deluxe is missing TWO tracks..."Help Yourself" & the "You Send Me Flying" demo, so I was even more thrilled!! The artwork is great with the font colour-schemes of white & yellow against a black & white background, all photos, some bigger than on the original CDs and cover 2 pages in the booklet. It has full lyrics, and more spread-out over 38 pages, instead of a tiny CD booklet...Amy's music is worth this kind of deluxe treatment, it really does. And it has full language, with none of this "F*** Me Pumps", nothing is edited, which serves Amy well. Another surprise...the cover photo...do you know who took it?? Bryan Adams...BRYAN ADAMS!!! Apparently, both are friends and are both embassadors for the "hear The World Campaign", which is really cool and admirable.

Just one quibble though...the liner notes in the "Frank" reissue are intact in this bookboxset...and I was hoping there would be liner notes or an essay on the "Back To Black" album...nope...just full lyrics, lots of photos, and full album credits...too bad, but at least nothing is taken away...I also wish, for completion-sake, the version of "Valerie" from Mark Ronson's "Version" was included, and maybe the US rap version of "You Know I'm No Good", both tacked on at the end, but no biggie...also the track order on Disc 4, the "Back To Black" B-sides, is slightly different, but nothing is removed.

Amy's great and admirable, despite her troubles with drugs and the law...she's also quite charming, having met her, her holding out her hand and greeting me in her accent, "Helllow, Oim Imay", and a wink & smile...and I'm really looking forward to her next album...songs are written already like "Gutter" and "Your Soul's Been Sold"...it'll be great and worth the wait...

Amy will always have my support and this bookbox is worth every penny I paid indeed!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Details, August 5, 2011
This review is from: Frank & Back To Black (Audio CD)
This hardcover book package contains the two CD deluxe versions of both of her albums (2003's Frank and 2006's Back To Black) for a grand total of four soulful silver platters. Frank features 13 tracks plus a bonus disc containing an additional 18 cuts. Back To Black includes 11 tracks plus a bonus eight song disc. Island.

Tracks
1 Stronger Than Me (Jazz Intro)
2 You Send Me Flying (Cherry)
3 Know You Now
4 F**k Me Pumps
5 I Heard Love Is Blind
6 Moody's Mood For Love (Teo Licks)
7 (There Is) No Greater Love
8 In My Bed
9 Take The Box
10 October Song
11 What It Is About Men
12 Amy Amy Amy (Outro)
13 ake The Box (Original Demo)
14 I Heard Love Is Blind (Original Demo)
15 Someone To Watch Over Me (Original Demo)
16 What It Is (Original Demo)
17 Teach Me Tonight (Hootenanny)
18 Around Midnight (B-Side)
19 Fools Gold (B-Side)
20 Stronger Than Me (Later with Jools Holland)
21 I Heard Love Is Blind (Live at The Concorde, Brighton)
22 Take The Box (Live at The Concorde, Brighton)
23 In My Bed (Live at The Concorde, Brighton)
24 Mr Magic (Janice Long Session)
25 No Greater Love (Janice Long Session)
26 F**k Me Pumps (MJ Cole Mix)
27 Take The Box (Seijis Buggin Mix)
28 Stronger Than Me (Harmonic 33 Mix)
29 In My Bed (CJ Mix)
38 Some Unholy War
39 He Can Only Hold Her
40 Addicted
41 Valerie
42 Cupid (Deluxe Edition Version)
43 Monkey Man
44 To Know Him Is To Love Him (NapsterLive Session)
45 Hey Little Rich Girl
46 You're Wondering Now
47 Some Unholy War
48 Love Is A Losing Game (Original Demo)

5.0 out of 5 stars Limited Deluxe Edition of both albums., January 16, 2009
Sazabi (Palmerston North, New Zealand) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Frank & Back To Black (Audio CD)
Seems everyone is familiar with Amy Winehouse and her brilliant 'Back to Black' album. While not in the same league, 'Frank' is nevertheless a great record in it's own right. This package is simply stunning. An oversized hardcover book style CD box with the 2 disc versions of each album. Also includes a deluxe 38 page booklet. Grab it if you can.

5.0 out of 5 stars RIP AMY, July 18, 2012
This review is from: Frank & Back To Black (Audio CD)
Love this box set. "Valerie" recording is awesome in this collection. Lots of other songs, or versions, I had not heard. Much better than the posthumous album released not too long ago.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic!, October 4, 2010
Linda ":)" (GREENVILLE, SC, United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Frank & Back To Black (Audio CD)
What an incredible talent! EVERY song is great. I can't believe I missed this for years! Really nice package.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!!!, December 23, 2011
This review is from: Frank & Back To Black (Audio CD)
I thought I had heard all of Amy's songs until I bought this collection! It has both her albums and part 2's of them as well. A few poignant writings by the people who knew her best, about who she was as a person (besides the BS everyone has slammed her for). And a few pictures of her transition from average looking girl to the "star" appearance she had in her later years. The talent this woman had was absolutely amazing. She had the world in the palm of her hands but unfortunately let it go. A great gift and I'm going to buy another one just to keep it closed...I am a big fan!

5.0 out of 5 stars Amy's Heritage., November 30, 2011
This review is from: Frank & Back To Black (Audio CD)
We lost a gem in the music world, and we will not find an alternative for this lady. The beautiful and charming Any Winehouse left us alone in this world, but she left us with a good music that will last forever. This product is the true heritage of Amy. As a fan, you should stop scrolling up and down and should start following the procedure to obtain this Jewel.

Perfect and well designed for those who claim Amy's love.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Celebrated Comprehensive Look at her Powerful Music, September 29, 2011
This review is from: Frank & Back To Black (Audio CD)
In years to come, this beautifully packaged encapsulated album is a wonderful souvenir of her short but powerful body of work. What's an added bonus is that......shhhhh! It is cheaper than Amazon's recommended pricing. So I feel rich. It really took listening to songs from "Frank", her celebrated European debut (it was only recently released here), to understand that Amy was indeed a special talent. I like the jazziness of the tracks. A little more accessible to that genre like Sade, yet, decidedly more straightforward jazz. The promo album box set arrived in a reasonable time frame as promised.

The booklet is so well done that I have it displayed in several prominent positions along with my replica of the Hitsville #1s, The Supremes pink tin box, The Beatles comprehensive collection, Aretha's Columbia album box and my Diana Ross "The Force Behind the Power" Complete Collection DVD. It is a piece that I am quite proud to showcase.

With so much music included, I haven't begun to truly absorb all of it's content. But I do look forward to doing so overtime.

I am surprised Universal is still manufacturing this piece because normally a special edition like this would be cut out a long time ago..........so I am happy I have secured my copy.

5.0 out of 5 stars All It's Cracked Up To Be, September 5, 2011
This review is from: Frank & Back To Black (Audio CD)
I'm an amateur reviewer but all I can say is this combo CD package has been heavenly to listen to. If you like Amy Winehouse, you cannot go wrong with purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars A great and inexpensive double-CD., August 8, 2011
This review is from: Frank & Back To Black (Audio CD)
A great and inexpensive double-CD. I enjoy her music and it was nice to get both CDs in one box.

Frank & Back To Black
Frank & Back To Black by Amy Winehouse (Audio CD - 2009)