5.0 out of 5 stars The Crown Jewel of Monopoly Games

3.0 out of 5 stars Monopoly Franklin Mint used version
Published on July 26, 2010 by Richard Tarlov

5.0 out of 5 stars The Crown Jewel of Monopoly Games, August 17, 2010
This review is from: Franklin Mint Monopoly Collector's Edition (Toy)
Last month I bought a Franklin Mint Monopoly off Ebay and it is one of my favorite things that I own. i collect Monopoly games and to own this version feels like I own the crown jewel of Monopoly games. The board is beautiful and the gold hotels look beautiful as well. The deeds are kept in a fancy portfolio and the silver houses are wonderful. the money that comes with this game looks different from any other Monopoly game and the look of it makes it look more royal. The banker's drawer is a nice touch to this game and it really makes people want to be the banker in a game of Monopoly. The tokens look wonderful! I put a token from this game next to a token from the Deluxe Edition and the real gold of the Franklin Mint looks much better than the painted gold of the Deluxe edition.

I just have to say that if your a person who collects Monopoly games then you need to have this game is your collection.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best of the Best, November 25, 2013
This review is from: Franklin Mint Monopoly Collector's Edition (Toy)
I bought one in 1991 (I think it was anyhow) direct from Franklin Mint and I can tell you that the price this board shows for almost $2,500.00 is a typo error....at least I hope it is. This game is not valued more than $250.00 from any reputable dealer.

Now that being said....It is the devine of the Monopoly Board games and I treasure it and am very protective of it beyond belief. I've done searches for additional die cast gold hotels and silver houses along with some of the now retired die cast gold and silver game tokens and added them with this board. My family loves monopoly and we all truly enjoy playing with it.

After I'm gone....it'll passed on as a family heirloom for other generations to enjoy. By then...who knows...maybe it'll be worth $2,500.00 !

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome Game but Cheated by the Seller, December 24, 2012
This review is from: Franklin Mint Monopoly Collector's Edition (Toy)
I grew up Monopoly and had the orginal collectors edition from the Franklin Mint. I order this edition for a Birthday present last year. We finally go and open the game and saw we were shorchanged houses, hotels, and token pieces. Anyone else may have not notice but again I had the orginal. This seller was extremely shady and underhanded and there's nothing I can do. WATCH OUT!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Best board game ever., July 18, 2012
This review is from: Franklin Mint Monopoly Collector's Edition (Toy)
Great product classy and cool. Pricey for a board game but its just so nice. Great quality and its simply a peice of art.

5.0 out of 5 stars Franklikn Mint Monopoly Collector's Edition., January 3, 2013
This review is from: Franklin Mint Monopoly Collector's Edition (Toy)
The seller was nice, kind and friendly. I love monopoly and is my favorite game of all times.

I like the game but I didn't like the price. I found that it was too much money and I shouldn't buy it again.

and also it was waste of money because now I don't have anybody to play it with.

But thank you for the game anyway.

3.0 out of 5 stars Monopoly Franklin Mint used version, July 26, 2010
Richard Tarlov (San Francisco, CA United States) - See all my reviews
= Durability:1.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:3.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Franklin Mint Monopoly Collector's Edition (Toy)
Monopoly, of course, is a classic and so the fun and education value are always there. Unfortunately the disclosure on the condition of this item was not very good and it arrived with an off smell and soiled felt and disintegrated plastic tray in the drawer. it looked like the result of years of mouse infestation because there were wear marks form teeth along some of the wood and in the plastic tray.All the pieces seem to be there, however.

Franklin Mint Monopoly Collector's Edition