5.0 out of 5 stars Great Sock/Guard Combo

3.0 out of 5 stars Sizing is incorrect as listed
Published 4 months ago by HappyMommy

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Sock/Guard Combo, January 22, 2011
A Kid's Review
This review is from: Franklin Sports ACD Sockfeets Shin Guard, Colors May Vary (Sports)
Is there anything worse than trying to find shin guards for your little guy or gal? They seem to evaporate from stores as soon as they arrive. These work great. They are light, sturdy, fit well, and you don't have to worry about putting socks that are invariably too long over stand-alone shin guards. Easy to wash, although at this age, you may not need to after every use. I've coached youth soccer for almost five years -- these guards are a good deal.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for little ones, November 3, 2011
I ordered these for my four year-old son's recreational soccer league. These are great, it is wonderful having the shin guard and sock all in one. They never slipped down and the foot part was the perfect size (he wears a toddler 11 size shoe) I would highly recommend these and plan on buying another pair for my daughter when she is old enough to play!

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for my 3 & 4 yr old, October 18, 2011
I have a smaller 3 yr old and a bigger 4 yr old and these socks were perfect for both. Shin pads are easily removable for washing. I put both boys in sweat pants to cover up that the sock is a little big. But it stays on their legs and both say they are very comfortable. I would definitely recommend to any parent with little ones.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fits kids on the smaller side, April 1, 2014
I was really worried that I wouldn't be able to find soccer shin guards that would fit my 10 percentile 27lb almost 3 year old. These actually fit! He wears a size toddler 7 shoe and these worked great.

4.0 out of 5 stars PeeWee and small are the same, September 18, 2013
I bought a pair of these at the local store in size Pee Wee, which fits kids up to 4'1". The store only had one pair of PeeWee size so I went to Amazon to order the other pair (needed two). The Amazon sizes were PeeWee, Youth, and Adult so I ordered PeeWee. The product that they sent me said size Small on the package, but it was the exact same thing as the PeeWee I'd bought from the store. They both fit up to 4'1". I bought these for my very small 5 year old (41" tall) and my normal size 2 year old. They fit the five year old better, but aren't all that big on the two year old. Great purchase.

3.0 out of 5 stars Sizing is incorrect as listed, May 3, 2014
HappyMommy (Woodland Hills, CA) - See all my reviews
These are listed wrong. Peewee is not small. What amazon has, is adult, large, and small. The small is not the same as peewee which is actually considered an XS by Franklin and about 3 shoe sizes difference. "Bug red circle" store has these and some "r us" stores in the True peewee size made for kids ages 3-5ish. Even those the foot of the sock is quite wide but length is good. Fits size 9-12 small kid size I would say. Older son in size small at size 13 and has plenty of growing room. They are not perfect but better than Wilson peewee size because Wilson has side pad dings by ankle that on peewee are up way too high and make the sock fit weird. Concept is great tho, much easier to out on and take off and wash. These don't slip around like the Velcro strap shin guards do and they are cooler with just one shin protector and sock rather than wearing and sweating in everything else.

3.0 out of 5 stars It works, May 21, 2013
We needed a guard quickly and this worked... however it is not a super quality. The guard is not made to be removed from the sock without some un-stitching and doesn't wash super well with the guard in.
by the 4th game we had to glue the plastic back onto the guard cushion. The sock is lightweight and very breathable tough witch was great.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for toddlers, November 17, 2011
N. Weiss (Baton Rouge, LA) - See all my reviews
I purchased these thinking that it would fit my 3.5 year old better than regular shin guards. I was right! These are great, well made, and they stay put. They do not slide down while he was running around. They also seemed to be comfortable, as I heard no complaints about them!

Overall I was really pleased with the purchase.

4.0 out of 5 stars As long as you are ok with white or black, May 10, 2012
Ike Rye (Wheeling, IL United States) - See all my reviews
They do not roll down, provide good coverage and are machine washable. Initially I was unhappy since I received them in white even though the photos are of black guard (sure it does say assorted colors but picture does not reflect that) but they look good on the kid. -1 star for bad marketing, product itself is great.

2.0 out of 5 stars there are better out there., July 7, 2014
brian r olson (Duluth, MN United States) - See all my reviews
Hurt my daughters shins rubbing. Wear socks under because the protective plastic will come out and irritate the shin.

Rate and Discover Movies