5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Book!
I thought this was a really awesome and fun book with great illustrations. It's a great book for starting discussions with your kids about differences and how different people can still get along.
Published on October 19, 2011 by Lorie

3.0 out of 5 stars Cute story, but......
I did not pre-read this book before reading it to my 6 year old which is totally my fault. If you're not ready to explain to your audience why some children have two mommies, I might hold off on this one....
Published 8 months ago by K. Beard

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Book!, October 19, 2011

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing series !!, October 27, 2011
This review is from: Freckleface Strawberry: Best Friends Forever (Hardcover)
As a Public school teacher I have used these books in my class. The kids love them! We need more books like this that teach our kids it's ok to be different!! I highly recommend this series! The illustrations are wonderful. This teacher gives it an A+!

5.0 out of 5 stars Another Freckleface winner, Freckleface Strawberry Best Friends Forever, October 26, 2011
This review is from: Freckleface Strawberry: Best Friends Forever (Hardcover)
I am so delighted - for all the children in my life - that Freckleface books continue to be written. I have given each book in the series - first Freckleface Strawberry, then Freckleface Strawberry and the Dodgeball Bully, and now Freckleface Strawberry: Best Friends Forever - to dozens of kids of all ages and there isn't one who hasn't been charmed by the stories. Each book has a wonderful message to share and does so in a delightful, engaging way. What's so special about the way the books are written and illustrated is how they draw children in. I love reading them with kids for this reason and hope that we can look forward to yet another as Freckleface helps us deal with some of the challenges of growing up in today's world.

5.0 out of 5 stars DON"T BE SO IGNORANT, November 21, 2011
A Kid's Review
This review is from: Freckleface Strawberry: Best Friends Forever (Hardcover)
I have to disagree with one being forced to have a discussion they are not ready to have. My seven your old has this book and loves it. The first time we read it he didn't even notice the two moms. The second or third time he did notice but all I said to him is the same way he has a mom and dad they have a mom and a mom. The end. Not a big issue and if he did want to know more I would have happliy told him what he wanted to know. You don't need to go into big elabroate disscusions and or details. It's all about explaining things to children in an age appropiate level. Not to mention that my son goes to CATHOLIC school where THEY do look down on having "two moms" so he is aware of the fact that having same sex parents can be a negative thing.

THIS BOOK IS GREAT! NOT ONLY IS IT FUN IS ALSO TEACHES TOLERANCE IN ALL LEVELS. Religion, culture,sexuality and anything else people are quick to judge when they don't understand something. You are taught tolerance and respect not born with it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Freckleface Strawberry Best Friends Forever, October 28, 2011
This review is from: Freckleface Strawberry: Best Friends Forever (Hardcover)
My 3 children love all the Freckleface books. They are a wonderfully engaging way to transmit a powerful message about accepting and embracing individuality. I recently read Freckleface Strawberry Best Friends Forever to my kindergartener's class and the teacher used it as an opportunity to talk about how important it is to respect differences. She compared the message in the book to a recent book they read about the differences in animals. Then she went on to talk about the golden rule. She borrowed the book from me to share with the other teachers at the school. The next day she told me the librarian ordered all of the Freckleface Strawberry books for the school library! The kids smiled throughout my reading and they paid close attention when the teacher was emphasizing the message. Freckleface Strawberry Best Friends Forever is clever, entertaining and a very valuable educational tool.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bravo, October 27, 2011
This review is from: Freckleface Strawberry: Best Friends Forever (Hardcover)
I appreciated very much the matter-of-fact way in which the same-sex parents enter the world of Freckleface. We can only hope that in future having two moms or two dads will be as commonplace as 'Mom and Dad' and no one will think twice about needing to explain it.

It would have been easy to make it conventional. Bravo Ms. Moore for choosing not to.

5.0 out of 5 stars A delightful book with a strong message of what friendship is, September 13, 2012
This review is from: Freckleface Strawberry: Best Friends Forever (Hardcover)
When my seven-year-old daughter chose this book at our local library, I had no idea that somewhere in this book there would be an awkward subject. Let me elaborate - Helen who is nicknamed Freckleface Strawberry because of her hair and freckles meets a boy named Patrick at school. Patrick is called Windy Pants, because well, you know...anyway, the two gravitate towards each other despite others frowning on their friendship - how can a boy and girl be good friends, especially when Helen is so small and Patrick is so big?

Well, peer pressure gets to them and they drift away from each other, but eventually realize that they are happiest when they play together and they should not let others' opinions matter. Here's something else you should know - Patrick is shown as having two moms. Yes, he is in a non-conventional family, but the beauty of the story is that it focuses not so much on this but on the friendship between the two. Why should an innocent child be discriminated against because he/she is not from a conventional family unit? The message of tolerance and acceptance is subtly weaved into this well-written story, and to tell the truth my seven-year-old did not even catch on to the "two moms" thing so it's not something to freak out about. However, I had to mention it just so that parents are aware of this and can use their discretion regarding this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Funny Book on Friendship, October 25, 2011
This review is from: Freckleface Strawberry: Best Friends Forever (Hardcover)
In Freckleface Strawberry and the Dodgeball Bully, Freckleface Strawberry and Windy Pants Patrick had become friends. Now the reader gets to see this friendship put to the test, but it is done in such a delightful way that young readers will be laughing as much as they are cheering for Freckleface and Windy to stop listening to those kids who say they shouldn't be friends. The humorous illustrations by LeUyen Pham are the perfect complement to this story.

The purchaser should be advised that Windy Pants Patrick tells Freckleface Strawberry that he has two moms. There are also illustrations of Windy's family in the book. I point this out solely because this may influence a buyer's decision.

Freckleface Strawberry Best Friends Forever is a great addition to your child's library.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great series for those with their own Strawberry Frecklefaces., January 1, 2014
This review is from: Freckleface Strawberry: Best Friends Forever (Hardcover)
I cannot get enough of these books. I have a 7yr old red head and she loves to read these to anyone who will listen. I also loved reading the.lm to her. They don't get old and we discuss questions I come up with.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book, August 23, 2013
I bought this for my niece and she loves it. She has all the Freckle Face Strawberry books, they are her favorites. She can't wait for more to come out.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Freckleface Strawberry: Best Friends Forever
Freckleface Strawberry: Best Friends Forever by Julianne Moore (Hardcover - September 13, 2011)
$16.99 $12.67