5.0 out of 5 stars Sanborn's Best Book Yet!
In a style that he has perfected, Mark Sanborn takes the simple message committing yourself to achieve the extraordinary. If you want to know how to grow a career, increase sales or just have better relationships the answer is in your commitment, passion and drive towards extraordinary results and experience.

I currently lead an organization of $1B in sales and...
Published 22 months ago by BobbyB

3.0 out of 5 stars We All Want to Be Fred!
Our small office read this and tried to apply it to our firm. Folks identified a lot of Freds but I am disappointed that no one identify a firm-wide approach.
Published 1 month ago by Rick L

5.0 out of 5 stars Sanborn's Best Book Yet!, March 11, 2013
This review is from: Fred 2.0: New Ideas on How to Keep Delivering Extraordinary Results (Hardcover)

I currently lead an organization of $1B in sales and over 200 people and every one of them will be getting a copy of Fred 2.0. Sanborn's best book yet!

5.0 out of 5 stars We Should All Aspire To Be a Fred, June 3, 2013
"The Fred Factor" is a delightful little volume, just over 100 pages, with inspiring examples and wisdom of how you can become a "Fred" - a person who takes pride in their work and turns the ordinary into the extraordinary. I received a copy from a colleague with an inscription "Thanks for all you do - you're truly a Fred!" I was curious to find out who this Fred character was, and I read it from cover-to-cover immediately and have kept it on my bookshelf for occasional re-readings since then. The phrase "You're a Fred" became a catchphrase in our organization to compliment someone who you felt had offered superior service.

Fred was a postman who went out of his way to satisfy the customers on his route. It seems like a relatively simple job to do, but Fred's passion to know the patterns of each of his customers and make sure their mail was safely delivered made him extraordinary. The author cites many other Fred examples he has come to know.

The Fred Principles are few and simple: 1) everyone makes a difference; 2) success is built on relationships; 3) You must continually create value for others, and it doesn't have to cost a penny; and 4) you can reinvent yourself regularly.

My copy of the book has highlights, underlining, and dog-eared pages, such as "convert your job into one you love, not by doing a different job, but by doing the one you have differently." Also, "if you go about doing the right thing, knowing that the doing is its own reward, you'll be fulfilled whether or not you get recognition from others."

The message and the lessons in "The Fred Factor" are straightforward and easy to comprehend and can be applied to any organization, large or small.

5.0 out of 5 stars Learning to speak Fred..., July 2, 2013
I was inspired by the 'original' Fred book, the Fred Factor, and have shared its message with hundreds of our university's employees over the last few years. I was overjoyed that Mark Sanborn had written Fred 2.0! It builds on Fred Factor principles and is just as inspiring as its predecessor.

When I teach Fred workshops at UCF, I challenge the audience they will be 'speaking Fred' when they leave. During our time together, they share heartwarming examples of 'Fred-like' behavior they've observed or enthusiastically brainstorm ways to 'spread Fred' in the days to follow. Fred 2.0's principles align with what we are trying to accomplish here and our culture and values.

I recommend Fred 2.0 for personal and professional growth.

5.0 out of 5 stars If you read Fred you will LOVE this one, May 13, 2013
I was introduced to Fred 1.0 at a leadership conference through my work. I really like the book and have used the concept many times, Fred 2.0 is even better. It has helped in my work and home life and I highly recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Mark Sanborn does it again!, March 18, 2013
Mark Sanborn does it again with an easy to read yet highly insightful book!

Sanborn applies understated principals such as "Normal is overrated" and "Commitment is a decision, not a feeling!" to remind the readers of everyday principals that everyone can apply!

An award-winning public speaker, Mark's writing style is conversational and therefore, easy to follow! Brilliant and yet simple!

I'm buying copies for all of my staff and key customers as well!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fred 2.0, March 5, 2013
This book has everything to do with what people are missing most: kindness, helpfulness, friendliness. It is certainly about customer service but it's much more than that. It's a book about the way everyone wants to be treated. Fred 2.0 is about goodness to one another.

5.0 out of 5 stars Another Great Book by Sanborn, March 5, 2013
I LOVED The Fred Factor and 2.0 is another great resource for ANYONE! You don't have to be in the workforce to enjoy this or be able to take away great ideas! What I like best about these books is that they aren't crazy ideas that you can't implement or far reaching ideals that sound great but aren't realistic. He provides simple examples and concepts that you can take all or in part to have a different outlook on things.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent read!, March 5, 2013
Fred 2.0 is an outstanding book and I loved reading every word. Whether you've read The Fred Factor (an introduction to Fred)or not, you simply must read Fred 2.0! It is packed with even more examples and suggestions on how everyone can be a "Fred", including how to raise a "Fred." The book is inspirational and motivational! It should reside on every book shelf at home, in school libraries, and businesses everywhere!

5.0 out of 5 stars Customer Service, October 24, 2013
This is a must read for anyone that is not consciously aware of how we serve others in our everyday lives. This book brings to light that which many people take for granted.....being of service to others.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing Read, May 12, 2013
Brent (Temecula, CA, United States) - See all my reviews
This is a book you have to read and heed to aid in standing out with your peers and colleagues.

Fred 2.0: New Ideas on How to Keep Delivering Extraordinary Results