5.0 out of 5 stars great product, very entertaining

Published on September 15, 2010 by K. C. Hosmer

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

1.0 out of 5 stars Cute to look at but not functional, September 15, 2010
This review is from: Fred and Friends Hot Head Pac Man (Kitchen)
While I was pleased with the appearance of the pot holder the first time I used it on pulling a cookie sheet out of the oven I thought I was going to have burn marks on my fingers, that's how little it protects your hand. The rubber might be resistant to the heat, but it provides no protection from temperature to the person using it. The fact it takes up counterspace because there is no loop to hang it on a hook is another annoyance. It doesn't sit up like they show in the pictures, it sits with the mouth pointing up as if pac man is emerging from the counter.

5.0 out of 5 stars great product, very entertaining, December 12, 2009
D. Sparks (Tabernacle, NJ) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Fred and Friends Hot Head Pac Man (Kitchen)
I gave Pac Man as a gift to my boyfriend, for his birthday. He at first wasn't sure what it was, but once out of the box, he was amazed. He couldn't wait to use it! The only problem (and it's not the company's fault) is when he uses it, he goes around saying "bloop bloop bloop bloop bloop" like Pac Man would sound when eating ghosts. I never knew a 26 year old man could be so amused by a pot holder!

2.0 out of 5 stars A wee bit small..., January 2, 2011
Kevnic K (Ontario, Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Fred and Friends Hot Head Pac Man (Kitchen)
I ordered this thinking it would be a fun little item to have - my husband loving video games of the past and present. I have a small hand, however I found that I could not adequately put my hand into this so that my hand would be covered. It's a cute idea, just not adequate for us, and I am not certain how someone might use this keeping their hand from the heat.

5.0 out of 5 stars Makes cooking more enjoyable., August 24, 2010
This review is from: Fred and Friends Hot Head Pac Man (Kitchen)
Every time I use this, it makes me happy. It's fun to use and makes my day a little more fun.

Great as an oven mitt. Easy to clean, just toss it in the dishwasher. I would recommend this and have gifted it.

3.0 out of 5 stars Cute as a novelty item, but not particularly functional, April 1, 2011
This review is from: Fred and Friends Hot Head Pac Man (Kitchen)
This Pac-Man pot holder is a really cute idea. Its funny, nostalgic, and gets a lot of laughs when people see it. Unfortunately, its not particularly good at what its supposed to be designed for. The biggest flaw is that the actual opening to put your hand in is very small. Someone with smaller hands could probably use it fine, but those of us with average sized or large hands aren't going to be able to fit well enough to offer adequate protection. In addition, the material used to make it is rather thin, and while its sufficient for quick use, its just not going to be good for using it for an extended time.

It can make a good gift, though, for people who just want a cute item to show off. While its actual functionality is questionable, it can be a great item just to have sitting around in the kitchen as a conversation starter, or for a quick laugh with friends.

3.0 out of 5 stars Great appeal, but a little less useful than it could be, February 11, 2011
This review is from: Fred and Friends Hot Head Pac Man (Kitchen)
I was thrilled to find this for my husband as a Christmas present, and love the design & concept. Unfortunately, it's a bit thin for holding hot pans for more than a quick oven-to-counter maneuver. We still love it, though, for its nerd appeal!

5.0 out of 5 stars Cute! But awkward shape for storing, January 20, 2011
This review is from: Fred and Friends Hot Head Pac Man (Kitchen)
This is exactly what it advertises to be and my fiance really liked it. The only thing I hadnt considered is where to put it. It doesnt lay flat like a normal pot holder, so it is difficult to store.

4.0 out of 5 stars Bring a little nerdy into your kitchen!, May 22, 2013
This review is from: Fred and Friends Hot Head Pac Man (Kitchen)
Love this Pac man pot holder, fits really well in your hand, and it looks cool while keeping your hands cool! (oh, I'm soooo punny). It even has the maze on the inside! I get a lot of compliments on this quirky little PAC man pot holder!

4.0 out of 5 stars Novelty item, practicallity less than desired, March 4, 2013
T. Ha (Los Angeles) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Fred and Friends Hot Head Pac Man (Kitchen)
I got this item for a gamer friend and it was definitely a blast. Rather than hold the cookie tray, it's more fun to have Pac Man eat the cookies! The material is thin where the hands go and I knew about it ahead of time so it did not bother me, but I can understand when people compare this to real practical oven mitts which is why it only gets 4 stars. However, I am pleased as I got it for the novelty rather than actual use.

3.0 out of 5 stars Funny piece, February 8, 2013
J. Hand (Orlando, FL) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Fred and Friends Hot Head Pac Man (Kitchen)
Love this thing. It is not made for pulling stuff out of the oven, its not very heat resistant for that, but for using on the stove top it's great.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›