Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Fred & Friends MR. TEA Silicone Tea Infuser
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Jake Owen Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer angrybirds angrybirds angrybirds  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

Style Name: MR. TEA|Change
Price:$4.24+ Free shipping (Addon item)

on January 12, 2014
This product works out great for a party type exchange of gifts. It is a good conversation piece and at the same time works and is a quick little handy item if you are drinking Tea by yourself. As others have stated, some of the leaves slip through into the tea but that is because of the size of the leaves are too small.

I've been drinking sweetened teas lately and recently ordered this brand; Chocolate Monkey Loose Leaf Tea 4 oz. + FREE Pumpkin Spice Chai 4 oz.. Not sure if it is because it is a blend or because it is a "premium" brand but I don't have any issues with anything getting through, which I cannot say about all the teas in my cupboard.

All you need to do with this little guy is fill his little silicone pants with loose leaf tea, perch him in your cup and let him do the rest! Silicone leaves no aftertaste, so this little guy really perfect as long as you use decent size leaves.
0Comment| 199 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 8, 2014
I really, really, really wanted to love this. And I do, as do my children. Fred is absolutely adorable - what's not to love? Well, the fact that Fred vomits tea into your water/milk is a pretty big letdown. I have to strain rooibos through a metal tea infuser to remove all the debris before I can enjoy my beverage. I guess we shall return him.

UPDATE: We decided to keep Fred, since my kids love him so much. I still stand by my original review, even though a few folks seem to have gotten their panties in a bunch. I steeped tea in this infuser. The tea came through the holes. It's pretty simple. I usually use a metal mesh steeper for rooibos, but wanted something that didn't affect the taste. Fred wasn't the solution, unfortunately. However, even with larger leaf teas, some debris still manages to get through the holes in Fred. Some sink to the bottom, others float round in the tea. It's kind of annoying.
review image
66 comments| 145 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 11, 2013
I love the way my manatee looks; I love the very concept, and I love the way she perches on the rim of my teacup, with her loose tea-laden nether regions soaking in the hot water, infusing the teacup with...well, with very little actual tea.

The holes in her silicon trunk are just not holey enough to allow for proper circulation. The only thing that comes close to the disappointed look on my face when I sip what I am hoping will be a freshly brewed cuppa, and taste instead a week mug of almost-nothing (hey, did I mistakenly order the homeopathic tea?), is the forlorn expression on the manatea herself. I think she knows what's going on. She is a tea infuser that does not infuse; she is forlorn, bereft of purpose, just another pretty (if bewhiskered) face.
88 comments| 183 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 23, 2015
Amazing sculpt, girlfriend loved it. If you know anyone who loves sloths, and tea, be a good person and buy them this. If they only like sloths, and not tea, screw it - buy them some tea with it and force them to drink tea.
on August 25, 2013
This little guy is -too- adorable. While squishier and a bit less physically detailed than they look online (the carvings aren't quite as deep, but are still precious) this wee manatee holds a TON of tea, and I love it to pieces. I think the only drawback is that he doesn't steep quite as well/quickly as metal infusers, as the little fins' situation don't let him hang quite as far down into the cup as he needs to to get your tea reeaaally well brewed. But since it's silicone, you can either let him hang on to your cup by just one flipper, or do what I do, and (since the silicone doesn't conduct heat like metal does) hold him by his snoot and "stir" him around in the cup, to increase brewing speed/intensity. Otherwise, for a primarily ornamental tea infuser, he's a gem. ^_^
on June 2, 2013
I love this, he is super cute. Great addition to my tea infuser collection. The body is HUGE on this guy and fits a good amount of tea. Perfect for large-medium leaf teas.
on September 28, 2013
As soon as I saw this I wanted it; I didn't care if it worked or not.
It's adorable and functional.
It's definitely not like your typical tea steeps/infusers - it takes a bit of effort to take it apart, fill it then put it back together without making a mess.
If you use smaller tea fibers, like needles green or more powder-like tea, the holes are a bit wider than normal so expect some "escapees."

I have a habit of drinking my tea with the infuser still in it. This rates higher in that area because it doesn't move as much as the metal infusers. The little guy stays in place.
I wish his silly little face was more defined.

It's not the best infuser but it's not the worst - to be honest, I can't see how you can really eff up a tea infuser.
on January 4, 2013
I loved this as soon as I saw it online and bought it for my mom for Christmas. Somehow, turning every cup of tea into a hot tub makes it that much better to drink. The arms are a little flexible, so it fits pretty much all cup sizes and the pants can be turned inside out with ease for quick cleaning. Overall, it's a great little addition to a morning cup of tea and gives you an extra reason to smile
on November 29, 2014
It's super cute and adorable. Looks so clever in a mug. If you're c drinking tea to relax this cute little dude adds to the effect. However...drum roll...the holes are too big, if you have tea mixes with smaller or thinner herbs they'll likely end up in your water.
review image review image review image
on February 4, 2015
Yes what a cute little manaTEA, First attempt of trying to use this little guy did not go over so well. Make sure you have the right cup, (I have included pictures.) If the lip of the cup curves out manaTEA won't do anything but look cute. It is very easy to clean. The tea I used was not big and not small it was medium size and very little tea bits got away in my cup. That did not bother me at all. I have another infuser on the way to compare how well it worked but I have to say the tea was strong and yummy. Now this could just be dang great tea, but so far this cute little infuser did a great job. Also using a small spoon to pour in the tea worked perfectly. It did not make a mess as the tail opening was just big enough.
review image review image review image