Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

on January 26, 2013
They make adorable cookies that everyone will howl over.

Now, here's the secret to joyful success with these cutters, thanks to wonderful forum at cookiedecorator.com.

Mix, roll, and cut without chilling the dough! Use room-temperature dough!

First, use cookie recipes that have NO LEAVENING: No baking powder, or baking soda. I'm going to experiment and see if I can take any roll out cookie recipe and just leave out the rising agent: I feel pretty confident that this will work.

After mixing your dough, roll it between wax paper. Don't put the rolled dough in the fridge: when the dough is cold, it sticks to the cutter. Remove the top piece of wax paper, very lightly dust with flour. Flour the cookie cutter, too, on both sides, and shake off the excess. Stamp the design first on the dough, then turn the cutter over to cut.

Since the dough is still on wax paper on the bottom, the slight stickiness of the dough helps it to stay on the wax paper rather than get stuck in the cutter. Pull the paper to the edge of the counter with your right hand and let the cutout fall from the paper into your left hand, then place on baking sheet. (Next time I make them, I'll stretch out a bath towel on the floor near where I'm working because when you pull the paper to the edge of the counter, little dough bits can fall on the floor).

Chill the cutouts before you bake them

Note that the narrow part of these cookies make them somewhat fragile so bake them thoroughly, I baked for 10-12 minutes. The Bristle Brush will make the sturdiest cookies because of its blocky shape; the Walrus makes the most fragile cookie because of its elongated shape. But the Woolford, the Baron and the Imperial are the most typical mustache shapes and those are the ones I really like: I made them as sandwich cookies, putting 2 together with creme filling like an Oreo and twice they shipped without breakage (the recipients squealed with joy...)

Go! Go forth and have lots of hysterical Mustache Cookie fun!

j.
on February 4, 2013
This product is best used with a dough that doesn't rise or change shape while baking. If using a store-bough dough, it takes a few trial and error runs to figure out the right thickness of dough. I found that the thinner the dough, the better the cookies come out. I also found that after cutting the cookies, then baking them, the stamping looks best if you stamp them right out of the oven, before they cool. If you stamp them before you bake them, the design disappears. So the product does work as advertised, and I love how cute they are, but it definitely takes a while to perfect the technique!
on October 21, 2012
These are really fun but be warned... they're a little difficult to use. I normally roll my dough, chill it for fifteen minutes, and then cut the cookies. That technique doesn't work with these because they're plastic and the without an opening for the air to escape the chilled dough just gets stuck in the cutter. Once the dough was softened they worked much better. Also the stamp is a bit hard to use and the dough, chilled or softened got stuck to the stamp part. So all in all they're fun, they're worth the $9, but they're a bit trick to work with.

Still a fun idea for the casual baker or the more serious cookier out there.
on June 22, 2016
These work great! You use them as cookie cutters and then to imprint the cookies with the details. I have used them several times to make my husband cookies and since they are a nice, thick plastic they have held up perfectly!
on February 26, 2014
Usually, cookie cutters have two open ends - these don't, which makes it so that the dough sort of suctions to the inside of the cutter. I'd say that 80% turned out ok but the others broke or distorted when I struggled to get the dough out of them. With 2 kids, I bake often and so I know to refrigerate the dough and all ... But still, many broke as I tried to pull them out of the mustache cutters. I have to say though that the ones that turned out were super cute, so it may be worth it with some patience.
on October 9, 2015
The cookie cutters are great in theory, but I sometimes have trouble cutting out the dough. It sometimes sticks inside the cutter and I have to work it out as best I can without completely ruining the shape.
on January 5, 2015
They're fun, but definitely not worth the price. Also, dough gets stuck inside them and it only is open on one side so you can't poo it out. The stamp feature on the closed side is cool in theory but I couldn't make it work.
on May 24, 2012
I bought these and I loved them! I like that they cut on one side and stamp on the other so that you get not only a cookie but also a design on the cookie. :)
on May 21, 2013
I used these for cookies for my 13 year-old's birthday party, and they were a huge hit. The stamp portion is key in making the cookies distinguishable as mustaches. This style of cookie cutter is sometimes tricky because the cookie gets stuck inside, but it is still worth the work. So glad that I ordered them!
on March 5, 2014
I made cookies using these cookie cutters and they came out awesome, nicely shaped and of course delicious. I made them for my daughter's baby shower I received compliments because they looked cute. By the way the size and shapes are perfect you can also use the for cutting bread,cheeseand thin sliced ham.
22 comments|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse