Professional restaurant supplies Spring Reading 2016 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Made in Italy Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now May4th

on July 18, 2011
Fred Perry makes the highest quality, best fitting and most interestingly colored polos in the world. I have many from over ten years ago that still look great. The fit is only slightly trim, but not at all tight. FP does make a slim-fit version which may suit the younger folks better. If you are between sizes and feel you may have a bit of a paunch I would size up then. Otherwise most will be satisfied with their normal size. The piqué fabric is a bit heftier than a (better/best) Ralph Lauren polo and much more than a Lacoste. If you live in a hot and humid area they may be a bit much during the peak of summer--they are from England. They also make a few lightweight versions each summer but not usually with the traditional, tipped collar and sleeve design. The construction and sewing are impeccable, comparable to other brands costing two to three times as much. The directions here say "hand wash" which I think is unnecessary. A cold and delicate cycle, machine wash will suffice. The collars are also more hefty than others which lends them their sartorial mod cred, along with the colored tipping.
on May 14, 2013
Great fit! Legit Fred Perry, original fit, not the slim fit shirts, so it looks and feels comfy. At 170lbs 5'9" and broad welsh shoulders, fits perfect. If I was not a 40-41" chest, I'd go with a Medium if you haven't worn a FP before.

Note: The Ben Sherman polo shirts run slimmer...by 1/2-1" at least. Freddy's are more comfy.
on December 29, 2013
I had originally purchased a Medium size shirt since I usually use that size for polo, upon receiving the shirt it fit tight on on my chest and back and the cuffs were very tight which caused pain , my weight is 175 and height is 5'10, I use the gym 3 times a week I am athletic build. I returned the shirt and bought a Large instead, the cuffs are bigger which is great, I don't mind it fitting a little loose. If you tend to workout and have bigger arms than the average person I recommend to go with 1 size bigger, I really like the shirt and will purchase different styles in the future.
on July 29, 2015
fred perry used to last forever but they were not made in china as these are. shame they compromised quality because they are kind of expensive. they loose their shape after a few washes and the color becomes uneven . the shape is not like the original either. shame
VINE VOICEon June 21, 2014
I wish there were three kinds of cut for the Fred Perry polo collared t-shirts similar to their long and short sleeves polo sport shirts. For the polo shirts they have this one which is the regular fit which is the British cut which is a modern straight cut. It's not loose on the body and therefore is not sloppy in appearance. Then they have the slim fit polo shirt version which is ultra super fitted it's busting at the seams for my stocky build. I love the fact that the slim fit has a higher cut at the armholes and shorter sleeves, but my gosh I can barely breathe with the tight fit at the chest. They should have a TRIM FIT version which is in between the regular fit and SLIM FIT. Which means it can be a tad tighter tighter at the chest and have a higher cut at the armholes with shorter sleeves. As I mentioned the Fred Perry polo sport shirts have these three kinds of fit, but surprisingly not on these everyday polo shirts.

With that said, I love the quality of these twin tipped polo shirts despite being made in China. The cloth is hefty in weight and the sewing is solid down to the twin tipped accent.

The only issue with online shopping is that the colors most often don't translate well to the home user due to the varying degree of monitor brands which are not professionally calibrated. And even if you do professionally calibrate your monitor, I find the hue varies between online stores. One website has theirs a bit darker than the other for the exact polo shirt. I recommend comparing the same shirt on the official Fred Perry website to get a better idea of how dark, light or bright it might look in person.

Other than that you will just have to purchase and return it if the color isn't what you expect.

I find that the colors on Amazon are bang on in hue, except that whoever processed the photo made the photos too bright. For example the Black/Ochre/Coral Pink combination feels like the black has faded in the photo while the ochre (yellow) and coral (pink) twin tipped accents are lively. In person everything about the shirt is a tad darker. The black is indeed black and the yellow is like mustard. So if you account for that fact, you will get a better feel of the colors.
on March 23, 2016
I haveca few fred perry polos. They always are very nice quality. I haveca hard time spending the money,but they are worth it for nice polo to go out in . THE FIT over seas designer clothes are known to be nowhere near u.s. sizes .this is true with fred perrys . I wear a xl tshirt .and i always order a xxl perry. Im man sized not hipster twig sized. This one i got is a classic fit xxl it fits snug enough where its comfortable. Alittle tight but not if ya know what i mean .If they are alittle tight i use the elbows inside the shirt stretch trick .works all the time for that extra inch or so lol. I also have a xxl slimfit i compaired this to .they are very close in fit slim is kinda tight at the waist, both are kinda short . They arent long shirts at all . So watch washing and drying them or youll have half shirts for the beach .
on January 2, 2014
I checked the sizing chart at fred perry website and decided on size L for my husband. It fits just nice. The regular cut is wider than I expected but it fits alright. Machine wash did not shrink the polo. Size looks the same after wash. Will consider buying other colors if it washes well with time. Overall a good buy.
on May 9, 2014
Just recently became aware of this brand. It had good reviews so I went ahead and ordered one. I'm a size small and wear a lot of Express clothing. They've always fit me right. I mention this so maybe others have an idea as to what they're getting into before hitting that buy button. Anyway, I got the polo and ... yeah, I'm not buying another one of these. I have around 5 Lacoste Solid Pique Polo CLASSIC fit and I kid you not, perfect fit. I'm 5'10 and normal size weight. No gut, but no flat abs neither :p.

The shirt feels pretty good and the cut around my arms are on par with the Classic Lacoste Polo's but the problem arises around the waist. It goes somewhat lower than expected and it's sort of cumbersome to adjust the Polo to stay in a comfortable position. I'll only use it tucked underneath some dress pants, but no casual encounters. At least I got it around $50 and not $85! Win? Anyway, hope this helps anyone out there taking an interest in this polo.

Questions? Sure! Hit me up. I'll probably answer same day.

EDIT 1: So I guess I can't post pictures about how I measured the polo, so I guess I'll just describe it over here. I did this with a tape measure by laying the polo flat on my bed and measuring from top ***right on the top of the collar while it's rolled*** to bottom and to the sides. The Fred Perry polo (size SMALL) is around 29.5 inches from top to bottom and from side to side it's 18.8 inches. My Lacoste Polo's Classic fit measurements are 25.8 inches from top to bottom and 18.7 inches from side to side. When you see it in person it is very obvious what you'll end up getting.

Oh well, I learned the hard way.

EDIT 2: Guess what. I wore it today, next day I set it in the washer and dryer and it shrunk. This is a good thing because it actually reduced the length from top to bottom by 1.5 inches. It's not 100% the Classic Lacoste polo fit but it doesn't matter because I might consider getting another one these babies soon. Lacoste's price tag rarely sees a sale but these Fred Perrys tend to shift prices, you just have to be patient :p
on August 12, 2014
I have several other Fred Perry polos that are AOK. This one wrinkles while you watch, and always looks like you grabbed it out of the hamper.

I didn't try it with the collar up though, as demonstrated by the very confident predator in the photo.
on July 19, 2015
Care instructions state to hang dry....so a little large stays a little large. Concerned that a warm dryer could turn it into doll's clothes. I'm short torso'd so it is a little long untucked. Hem is straight without notches at seam. Looks smart, shows any and all dandruff, lint, etc. Good Quality.