Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Luxury Beauty Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer ctstrph2 ctstrph2 ctstrph2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando Shop Now SnS

Style Name: TROPSTICKS|Change

on February 24, 2011
I bought these as a birthday gift for a friend that is severly chopstick-challenged. We went out to dinner for her birthday at a Sushi restaurant and I presented these to her before the first spicy tuna roll hit the table. After laughing and poking fun at her for a bit she started to use them and proceeded to outpace me in grabbing everything from shashmi to the seaweed salad! I fear I have created a monster! I understand these may be intended for children but they work just as well for adults that have a keen sense of humor and don't mind holding a purple monkey with long "legs" as a dining utencil. I plan on ordering a few more sets for the rest of my friends that still ask for a fork to pierce a maki roll! I only hope they will use them with the same gusto and dexterity that the birthday girl had! (I may have to get myself some too so that I don't look like the odd man out using boring old chopsticks :)
on October 10, 2010
Our little ones can easily manipulate these chopsticks. They curve at the bottom making picking up items more successful. It's nice that the chopsticks can be removed and others placed in the holders as well. They wash well. Overall a great buy!
Some friends bought these chopsticks as a gift for my 2 year 7 month old granddaughter. They worked so well that I bought my own set to keep at my house when she comes to visit. Here is why I like them.

1. These are very easy to use. Many negative reviews take the opposite position, but I can tell you that it took my granddaughter all of five minutes to become an expert at using these.

2. Before she got these my granddaughter often picked at her food at dinnertime. But she enjoys using these so much, that now she often asks for seconds so she has more food on her plate to pick up. She amazed us all when she picked up tiny pieces of carrot, which she can't pick up as easily with a fork.

Bottom line: If you have a child who likes to play with their food rather than eat it, give this product a try, It worked wonders for my granddaughter. And if she can use these, so can you and your child. Ignore the negative reviews to the contrary.
on June 2, 2011
I work on the computer all day and sometimes I want to eat Smartfood popcorn or Doritos while I work. These Chimpsticks are perfect for getting the snacks into my belly without getting cheese powder all over my fingers / mouse / keyboard.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon March 16, 2014
I got these so my 3 year old grandson could participate when we are all using chopsticks. With these he gets the general idea. The monkey top does come off, however this makes it easier to clean the chopsticks in my mind. (My husband who is NOT so chopstick inclined uses them when my grandson is not around haha)
TOP 100 REVIEWERon September 16, 2010
I love Fred products, I have various different products from them, and these "chimpsticks" are another lovely item. (try searching on Amazon for "fred and friends" or maybe simply "fred" and see the many things they offer)
Got this for a friend who isn't so good at using chopsticks, and she absolutely loves 'em!

They're held together at the top by a cute chimp so the sticks don't slip out of your fingers, and the ends are shaped like chimp hands to provide a bigger surface to grab onto food items.

I don't think this would be a good teaching tool to move on to real chopsticks as the mechanics of real chopsticks are a bit different, but these are a very fun alternative and a great conversation piece, like all Fred products.

Definitely recommended!
on April 28, 2016
How can you not buy these for your children? When I opened the package and took them out, the look of joy on my kids' faces confirmed what I had surmised the minute I saw these: they are a must-have for any primate. For starters, they have tons of super-fun uses - way beyond simply picking up food. My daughter uses them to "comb" my hair. My son pretends they are guns and runs around the living room shooting stuff up. They're also good for dueling, poking at people, squeezing to relieve stress, securing a bun, picking up trash.... The list just goes on and on! You should also consider the brilliant, inexplicable purple color. Somewhere between periwinkle and violet, this shade will never fail to catch your eye. No risk of forgetting these babies in a Japanese restaurant! And lastly, they seem fairly indestructible. The "chimp" part is made of hardy silicone, and the "sticks" are made of some sort of plastic. I thought my children had managed to break them within five minutes of opening the package - there are only so many objects that can stand up to the sort of brutal physical degradation that my children can deliver - but to my complete surprise, the sticks on these can be repeatedly pulled out of the chimp and re-inserted without any observable ill effects! If these can last a week in my house, they can surely last several years in yours. I'll bet they'll be functioning a lot longer than I will, at any rate.
on October 21, 2015
Arrived in timely manner but the wrapping was little damaged. If you would use this for a toddler, I wouldn't recommend it. It it pretty long for a toddler or small child. I would still keep it for my use(using it as serving chopsticks).
on August 30, 2015
I purchased these for myself because I am terrible at using chopsticks and I always have to endure the shame and sideways glances that go with having to ask for a fork whenever we go out to certain restaurants. I felt a little silly using them at first, but then I had some wine and didn't have to ask for a fork, so it was all good after that. These were really easy to use, although the plastic they are made from makes them a little slippery with sushi sometimes. I thought they were really easy to wash, but I think hand washing was recommended on the packaging. I haven't tried to wash them in the dishwasher yet. I'm giving them 4 stars instead of 5 because one of the arms falls out of the chimp pretty easily.
on March 19, 2012
I got excited when I found these on Amazon and decided to buy it. The product arrived on time and looked exactly as picture.

Even though these chopsticks look whimsical, they are hard to use even for a skilled chopsticks users like me for these two reasons. The chopsticks, which are the flamingo legs, are smooth soft plastic, so they become slippery when picking up food. Because they became slippery when coming contact with food, one would naturally exert a bit more pressure. Since the chopsticks are also soft, they bend and therefore defeat their purpose which is to pick up food.

They're fun to have around but given the price, I would not recommend them. There are great-looking and conversation-starter chopsticks on Amazon such as the colorful Geisha chopsticks if you want whimsical classy yet functional 5 --yes, I said 5-- pairs of quality chopsticks for less than 4 bucks.