Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Recess Monkey Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro
Customer Discussions > Mortal Kombat - Playstation 3 forum

Freddy Krueger will be the last DLC in Mortal Kombat Aug 9, 2011

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-8 of 8 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jul 21, 2011 3:14:49 PM PDT
Waldo says:
For months, folks have been wondering who the fourth and final downloadable fighter would be in Mortal Kombat. Today, we know, and it's batcrap insane. Freddy Krueger -- the dream-invading, claw-wearing murderer from the A Nightmare on Elm Street film franchise -- is coming to Mortal Kombat on Aug. 9, 2011.

This Freddy rocks two claws and appears to be based more on the 2010 Freddy reboot than the classic Robert Englund look. If previous downloadable characters are any indication, Freddy Krueger in Mortal Kombat will set you back 400 Microsoft points or $4.99 on the PlayStation Network.

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/118/1183228p1.html

Posted on Jul 22, 2011 6:51:27 AM PDT
I saw this yesterday and my jaw dropped! I think this will be an amazing addition! I also hope this opens the door to maybe a Jason from Friday the 13th? Seems like a very good direction to go in, and I am interested how they will tie their stories in?

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 23, 2011 7:49:27 AM PDT
I'm myself am hoping this opens some doors as well. They can't have a Freddy without a Jason. They need the Horror Tag Team. haha We will just need to DEMAND Jason as DLC on Ed Boon and Staff's twitter accounts. AS long as ppl are buying DLC, they will keep releasing them, mentioned into interview at Comic Con.

Posted on Jul 24, 2011 5:41:29 AM PDT
I don't think Jason would work well in MK. Although. he is supernatural maniac killer he doesnt have the agility required for mortal kombat. For instance, Jason doing a jump kick or even a sweep would not look natural at all.
On a side not, I am a HUGE Freddy and God Of War fan and do not hate there inclusuon at all. But I really hope MK doesn't start going overboard with bringing bad asses from other games and movies into there game.
At least Freddy as DLC doesnt make me feel cheated.
They's no reason the other 3 shouldnt have been in the game when it was released.

Posted on Jul 24, 2011 8:27:03 AM PDT
I agree the Jason is slow, but so is Subzero! I think they can alter his moves a little. He could maybe do a double leg jump kick a la Baraka in MK 2, and could do a low kick/sweep like Kenshi does. As far as the DLC characters, the only one so far that is worth the money to me was Kenshi. Scarlett and Rain were dissapointing to me personally, but I feel Freddy is a winner already.

Posted on Jul 24, 2011 2:58:28 PM PDT
oh my god. How can they make a dlc of Freddy Krueger. I have never imagined myself playing as Kratos vs. Freddy Krueger in Mortal Kombat. I mean... wtf?

Posted on Jul 27, 2011 2:42:28 AM PDT
J. says:
A little disappointing. This reboot was all about distancing themselves from the gimmicks that plagued the last few main installments.

Oh well. Not like it's required or a serious blemish on the great game they already put out.

Posted on Jul 27, 2011 4:34:31 AM PDT
Waldo says:
Well I don't think the gimmicks is as tacky as the voice work, but hey the game still is awesome and it somehow works! Best in the series!
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  6
Total posts:  8
Initial post:  Jul 21, 2011
Latest post:  Jul 27, 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Mortal Kombat - Playstation 3
Mortal Kombat - Playstation 3 by Warner Bros (PlayStation 3)
4.6 out of 5 stars (544)