Opal Wheeler's two books together, are an unbeatable combo for Chopin enthusiasts. Learn a lot about 'the greatest composer for piano ever," in these two wonderfully written books. These should be in all libraries and great for music/piano teachers. Also, there are actual Chopin pieces in the book. Outstanding!!!
Published on September 12, 2007 by Academic

2.0 out of 5 stars An introduction to Chopin for a 10 year old
I made a mistake in my purchase on line as did not know this was a young childs book. (There were no notes at all by the seller to help) This publication seems to me to be written in fantasy, fairy tail form too rather than based on biographical facts. So I am not sure what use it is apart from its entertainment value.
My copy is a musty 1960's vintage and was (at...
Published on January 6, 2009 by Paul J. Fulcher

5.0 out of 5 stars POLISH COMPOSER CHOPIN: LATER YEARS with EARLY YEARS: GREAT DUO!, September 12, 2007
This review is from: Frederic Chopin, Son of Poland, Later Years (Paperback)

5.0 out of 5 stars TOGETHER with CHOPINS EARLIER YEARS: GREAT SET!, September 10, 2007
These two books by Opal Wheeler are "must have" classics for Chopin enthusiasts, as well as, music depts., music/piano teachers. If your a piano person, or just love a great story about a great person, this is a top intro about Chopin. You can also buy an accompany CD that takes this classic journey full-circle. GREAT!

2.0 out of 5 stars An introduction to Chopin for a 10 year old, January 6, 2009
My copy is a musty 1960's vintage and was (at least to me) expensive at nearly $16 plus shipping.
I contacted the seller about my dissatisfaction and received a rather hurt and almost rude reply back. So, I do not take a chance and buy books which have no basic accompanying notes anymore.

Frederic Chopin, Son of Poland, Later Years
Frederic Chopin, Son of Poland, Later Years by Christine Price (Paperback - March 1, 2007)
$13.95 $12.59