4.0 out of 5 stars Good, warm jacket
This jacket kept me warm and dry all day through pretty nasty weather on the slopes. Even after spending 20 minutes sitting in the snow I found myself warm and comfortable.

Published on December 5, 2012 by Alex Ravenscroft

1.0 out of 5 stars Did not receive the inner jacket
My wife cut the tag and threw it otherwise I would have returned the jacket. The inner jacket is missing from the product which is very disappointing.
Published on December 24, 2012 by Rishabh Halakhandi

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, warm jacket, December 5, 2012

Only issue with these is they are made for shorter people - I am 6'1" and found the tail to be about 3 inches short and the sleeves about 2 inches. I expected this and bought the XL size which made it way too wide for me but still too short

I recommend this jacket for people who are under 6'.

5.0 out of 5 stars Extremely pleased, January 13, 2013
RubErDuckee (Brewster, WA USA) - See all my reviews
I bought this during the Black Friday deals week. I have one heavy parka styled coat and a light carhart jacket that doesn't do well in winter. I was looking for something i could use in snow and cold weather (its 15 F here right now!), the price was unbeatable and i couldn't pass up the deal.
Once i received it, i was immediately impressed with the quality, all the zippers are solid, the layers are warm and the fit is perfect. I am constantly getting complements while wearing it, an added bonus!
I wore it to a cold rainy Seahawk game and was extremely pleased. I started recommending the jacket after that game, water just beaded off the coat, i was very warm as others were shivering. Staying warm and dry are the two main features i was looking for and i have not been let down.
I highly recommend this coat!

4.0 out of 5 stars Review only for Size, December 20, 2012
This review is from: Free Country Men's Three-In-One Convertible Systems Jacket (Apparel)
Ordered a Large one, which was too large and then got it replaced for Medium.
Sadly even Medium is large for me (I am 5'9" and 180 lbs)

Did further research and found this sizing info from freecountry website:
[...]
Just to give you an example:
1) Amazon sleeve length for Medium(given on this product page): 33
2) Columbia sleeve length for Medium: 34
3) freecountry sleeve length for Medium: 36.5

General quality looks good but never wore it hence no comments on how good it behaves in winters.

5.0 out of 5 stars Warm and fits, November 28, 2012
This jacket is very warm. I love that when it is zipped up all the way, the collar doesn't "choke" you or rub up against your chin. It makes for a more comfortable fit.

5.0 out of 5 stars A great alternative to Columbia!, December 4, 2013
I bought this jacket to replace one of my Columbia jackets that the zipper finally broke on. I must say that I am very happy with this Free Country jacket.

I really didn't want to spend a ton of money, since I plan to use this jacket up at the cabin snowmobiling in the woods, gathering wood for the fire, and other things like that. I haven't had the opportunity to head up north for that yet, but it's been a great all-around jacket for trips around town and to work.

It has dipped down into the single digits a few times here, so I can tell you that this jacket is very warm and comfortable. It's built surprisingly nice, and looks great. The zippers seem tough, and all the seams are stitched well. The cuffs have a nice velcro adjustment, and the hood is removable. I haven't had the need or desire to unzip the jacket to use the "3-in-1" feature, so I cannot comment on that.

I am 5' 11" and 165 pounds, so I bought the medium size. The jacket was a bit larger than I expected, both in the body and sleeve length. However, I am pretty sure the size small would be too small. The fit isn't bothersome in any way, though. I actually like it, since I have some room to spare for when I add a sweatshirt on the snowmobile trips.

Overall, I am very pleased with this purchase. It's a great value. I would not hesitate to buy another Free Country product. If you are looking for a lower priced alternative to a Columbia jacket, then this one is for you!

***UPDATE 12-14-13*** It has gotten VERY cold here in Wisconsin! We have had double digits below zero, and excruciating wind chills. I am happy to say that this jacket can handle it. On the coldest days, I wear a sweatshirt underneath and stay quite comfortable.

Thanks!

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, December 16, 2013
I love the removable liner and the comfort of wearing the jacket with or without the liner. Worth every dollar and can't beat the value! It works great in freezing weather. Just note the sizes run big. I'm 5'9, 200 lbs and wear a medium

5.0 out of 5 stars Really really warm jacket for a great price, January 21, 2013
I like the jacket but it's never been quite cold enough to wear because it's so warm. That's not a bad problem to have! It was about 10 degrees in Chicago today. Colder with the wind chill and I was really really warm biking into work today. Thanks jacket!

1.0 out of 5 stars Did not receive the inner jacket, December 24, 2012

5.0 out of 5 stars Versatile and Practical, December 29, 2013
This jacket can be worn with or without its insulation layer. The insulation layer can be worn alone (not going to happen), and it has a detachable hood.

With the insulation layer and shell, it's warm and wind- and water-resistant. Good for yucky, mucky days when wind can chill to the bone, or if you don't want to be pelted by rain, sleet, freezing rain, or hard-blown snow flakes.

The shell can be worn alone as a windbreaker when the temperature is moderate but you're dealing with wind and/or rain.

I visited the Free Country website to double-check the size chart. As expected, the jacket is a tiny bit large, but that's OK because it leaves room for layers. It's not so large it inhibits movement. The sleeves are too long, but a simple adjustment of the wrist gaiters remedied that.

It has a zip front with velcro flaps to seal out the elements. The tail (the backside) is slightly longer than the front. This is barely noticeable, but the tail hangs low enough to keep the buns warm, yet the length of the jacket is contemporary.

This jacket is machine washable. It fits well, looks good, and keeps you warm and dry. Highly recommended.

3.0 out of 5 stars Definitely warm, December 8, 2013
Jacket is a little bigger than I hoped. I considered returning it, but I can deal with it. Definitely is warm.