Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Free Country Men's Three-In-One Convertible Systems Jacket
Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM

on December 5, 2012
This jacket kept me warm and dry all day through pretty nasty weather on the slopes. Even after spending 20 minutes sitting in the snow I found myself warm and comfortable.

Only issue with these is they are made for shorter people - I am 6'1" and found the tail to be about 3 inches short and the sleeves about 2 inches. I expected this and bought the XL size which made it way too wide for me but still too short

I recommend this jacket for people who are under 6'.
on January 13, 2013
I bought this during the Black Friday deals week. I have one heavy parka styled coat and a light carhart jacket that doesn't do well in winter. I was looking for something i could use in snow and cold weather (its 15 F here right now!), the price was unbeatable and i couldn't pass up the deal.
Once i received it, i was immediately impressed with the quality, all the zippers are solid, the layers are warm and the fit is perfect. I am constantly getting complements while wearing it, an added bonus!
I wore it to a cold rainy Seahawk game and was extremely pleased. I started recommending the jacket after that game, water just beaded off the coat, i was very warm as others were shivering. Staying warm and dry are the two main features i was looking for and i have not been let down.
I highly recommend this coat!
on December 20, 2012
Ordered a Large one, which was too large and then got it replaced for Medium.
Sadly even Medium is large for me (I am 5'9" and 180 lbs)

Did further research and found this sizing info from freecountry website:
[...]
Just to give you an example:
1) Amazon sleeve length for Medium(given on this product page): 33
2) Columbia sleeve length for Medium: 34
3) freecountry sleeve length for Medium: 36.5

General quality looks good but never wore it hence no comments on how good it behaves in winters.
on December 4, 2013
I bought this jacket to replace one of my Columbia jackets that the zipper finally broke on. I must say that I am very happy with this Free Country jacket.

I really didn't want to spend a ton of money, since I plan to use this jacket up at the cabin snowmobiling in the woods, gathering wood for the fire, and other things like that. I haven't had the opportunity to head up north for that yet, but it's been a great all-around jacket for trips around town and to work.

It has dipped down into the single digits a few times here, so I can tell you that this jacket is very warm and comfortable. It's built surprisingly nice, and looks great. The zippers seem tough, and all the seams are stitched well. The cuffs have a nice velcro adjustment, and the hood is removable. I haven't had the need or desire to unzip the jacket to use the "3-in-1" feature, so I cannot comment on that.

I am 5' 11" and 165 pounds, so I bought the medium size. The jacket was a bit larger than I expected, both in the body and sleeve length. However, I am pretty sure the size small would be too small. The fit isn't bothersome in any way, though. I actually like it, since I have some room to spare for when I add a sweatshirt on the snowmobile trips.

Overall, I am very pleased with this purchase. It's a great value. I would not hesitate to buy another Free Country product. If you are looking for a lower priced alternative to a Columbia jacket, then this one is for you!

***UPDATE 12-14-13*** It has gotten VERY cold here in Wisconsin! We have had double digits below zero, and excruciating wind chills. I am happy to say that this jacket can handle it. On the coldest days, I wear a sweatshirt underneath and stay quite comfortable.

Thanks!
on December 29, 2013
This jacket can be worn with or without its insulation layer. The insulation layer can be worn alone (not going to happen), and it has a detachable hood.

With the insulation layer and shell, it's warm and wind- and water-resistant. Good for yucky, mucky days when wind can chill to the bone, or if you don't want to be pelted by rain, sleet, freezing rain, or hard-blown snow flakes.

The shell can be worn alone as a windbreaker when the temperature is moderate but you're dealing with wind and/or rain.

I visited the Free Country website to double-check the size chart. As expected, the jacket is a tiny bit large, but that's OK because it leaves room for layers. It's not so large it inhibits movement. The sleeves are too long, but a simple adjustment of the wrist gaiters remedied that.

It has a zip front with velcro flaps to seal out the elements. The tail (the backside) is slightly longer than the front. This is barely noticeable, but the tail hangs low enough to keep the buns warm, yet the length of the jacket is contemporary.

This jacket is machine washable. It fits well, looks good, and keeps you warm and dry. Highly recommended.
on February 12, 2013
Jacket feels comfortable and the material on the inside is soft. Inner shells attaches with a zipper and easily
comes off. In the older version fleece lining was on the inner shell, but in this one it's on the outer, which is actually
better. Often when I wore my old jacket and got too hot I'd come home soaked and fleece would absorbed sweat.
This doesn't happen with this version as lining is poly. At least it dries off very quickly. Hood is also better as the older
version had a very large hood and it would slide over my eyes constantly. This one is smaller and easily adjustable.
Haven't tried it under heavy rain/snow yet so can't comment on the waterproofness. However, the site states
that this is only water-resistance. Overall for the price this is a great buy.
on November 28, 2012
This jacket is very warm. I love that when it is zipped up all the way, the collar doesn't "choke" you or rub up against your chin. It makes for a more comfortable fit.
on December 30, 2013
I received this Jacket for Christmas and I couldn't be happier. It seems to be very well made and is very warm without feeling bulky. The jacket has several pockets throughout both the outer shell and the inner liner (which can be worn as a light jacket when needed.

I am 6'2" and probably average build. This coat fits me just right. I do have fairly long arms so I was happy to see that the sleeve length was good as well. The only time the sleeves come down a bit is when I am driving and my arms are straight out in front of me and close together. Even then, it is negligible and to be expected.

Not a "con" but worth noting is that some of the inner pockets on the outer shell are not accessible (easily) when you have the inner liner attached. This might be a bigger issue if you are an avid skier or snowboarder that might want easier access to those pockets, but it is not an issue for me.
on December 23, 2013
I got this jacket on a Gold Box deal of the day for 75% off at $50. So that needs to be known before I review it because I did not pay full price. I have never owned a jacket of this quality, so at the $50 price it is an amazing deal. Can't compare it had it been $200.

Now, I ordered the jacket at a medium. I am about 6 feet tall, 140 pounds; a runners build. I am very slim. I expected this jacket to be a bit big because that's the nature of it. For me, these jackets are not suppost to form fit. It fits very comfortably, the sleeve length is nice and the material on the inside is nice.

The jacket comes apart with layers, and each piece of the layer can be used as an individual piece that will still look very good. There's a ton of pockets, and it sheds rain/water/snow VERY well. I wore it in freezing, into the negatives, temperatures and it did an excellent job keeping me warm.
on February 6, 2014
I've only wore this coat in full-winter mode - i have yet to use just the inner or outer portion. I can say, however, that the coat feels very well made. It feels fairly heavy, but is quite comfortable. Temps have been in the teens, single digits, and even sub-zero for the past few weeks here in Michigan and this coat has kept me warm (well all the areas that the coat covers were warm anyhow).

The hood fits pretty loose - if it fit a bit snugger it would likely keep your ears warmer - but otherwise it is quite nice

Overall the coat might be slightly large, but this is probably a good thing and was what I expected, so no complaints from me. If you prefer a snug fitting coat, consider ordering 1 size smaller.