5.0 out of 5 stars #1 Kindle Fire resource for free Kindle books...
Published on April 4, 2012 by John Williamson

3.0 out of 5 stars Wouldn't consider this an "app"
Published on May 1, 2012 by Sue Reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars #1 Kindle Fire resource for free Kindle books..., April 4, 2012
This review is from: Free Kindle Books and Tips (App)
Michael Gallagher's Free Kindle Books and Tips has become an invaluable resource for so many of us. This version is optimized and beautifully formatted for the Kindle Fire and other Android-compatible devices, and it offers immediate updates to the #1 Kindle Blog, "Free Kindle Books, and Tips," with its frequent daily updates. It's excellent in that you can click directly to the free book offerings from Amazon using the Kindle Fire, and it's synchronization to the Free Kindle Books and Tips blog makes it a pleasure to use.

This app is optimized for the Kindle Fire and other Android-compatible devices. It may be confusing, but please note that this one is different from the Free Kindle Books and Tips, which is only available as a subscription on the following devices:

* Kindle
* Kindle Touch
* Kindle Keyboard
* Kindle DX
* Kindle (2nd Generation)
* Kindle (1st Generation)

As I also have an older Kindle 2 that is used when I'm commuting because of it's 3G wireless connection, I've maintained my subscription on that one as well. In my January 2012 review of that subscription, I stated: "There are many sources for finding what we fondly refer to as those "Kindle freebies" that appear daily, but Michael Gallagher's daily Free Kindle Books Plus a Few Other Tips blog has proven to be an invaluable resource to those who peruse the titles of the free book offerings. And don't let anyone kid you, the freebies here will often surprise you with their quality of content."

Those same thoughts apply to this newer Free Kindle Books and Tips app for the Kindle Fire, and if anything it just seems to get better and more proactive to our needs as readers over time. What I like is that this Kindle blog is not just another online link to a list of titles, as are some. Mr. Gallagher's postings also include frequent insider tips and helpful information that help to use your Kindle Fire, and these are designed for novices to experienced users alike.

His original subscription service has been and still is ranked as the top Kindle subscription blog since 2010 for good reason, and this one for the Kindle Fire and Android-compatible devices, and it's highly recommended. For this reader, it's a 5-star resource for the Kindle Fire.

4/4/2012

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous for Kindle Fire, March 21, 2012
Cookie in Arizona (Tucson, AZ United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Free Kindle Books and Tips (App)
I get all of my free Kindle info from Michael's blog. I have over 1000 items downloaded (and I'm picky--I don't take all genres). This blog has been a Godsend.

When I have a question, Michael is kind enough to respond in an e-mail with a thoughtful, considered answer.

Good stuff!

5.0 out of 5 stars to each its own, but I LOVE IT, August 12, 2012
This review is from: Free Kindle Books and Tips (App)
I own this app for months. I wasn't planning on reviewing it, but today I visited the apps store to check if I'm really using this app for free. In today's blog, to which this app sends me when I klick on it, Mr. Gallagher mentioned that people who subscribe to his blog pay 99 cents a month for the information on it. Amazon's pricing, not his BTW.
So I ran to make sure my FREE is really FREE.
Well, it was and a free upgrade was waiting for me, too. From now on I will be able to see the book covers, which will help me remember if I have the book already, or not yet.
I also saw the reviews. Some were soooo venomous, I decided to add my own opinion to the collection, and maybe help clarify this and that.
The app is MAGNIFICENT!!!!!
Mr. Michael publishes daily an information about books that Amazon is making available for free on that day.
Yes, you can find that information by yourself, but it is a time consuming process, and involves quality presorting. What is delivered in this app/blog is never less than four star book. That provides an incredible, time - saving shortcut. Also, if you check the app regularly, you will not miss time sensitive books, those that are free only for few hours.
And NO (young Emily Roach of one star judgement), they aren't books for "old people". Every single genre and category is represented.
I have a very strange and stubborn approach toward my Kindle. I DON'T spend money on it.
I got it as a gift, that included 50 dollars card. In 8 month's time I spent 11. That is on apps AND books. And Mr. Gallaghar is responsible for 6 of them. I couldn't resist certain Amazon specials he informed about (like Michael J. Fox's. autobiography discounted to two dollars on that day).
Before this app I collected about 800 books in few languages. Mostly old reliable classics. After Mr. Michael I collected about 400 more. Too much??? Maybe. But I'm independent of Internet and I have a choice of best quality. After all nor all one buys is truly best.
Thank you Mr. G.
Thank you very much.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent App from an Excellent Source of Information and BOOKS!!, March 21, 2012
This review is from: Free Kindle Books and Tips (App)
I look forward to hearing from Mr. Michael Gallagher every day! With this new app, it will be even easier to receive his information and suggestions for books--free and otherwise! I love the way he writes and save a lot of his suggestions about how to use Kindles to the utmost. I almost feel as though he is a friend, due to his personable blogs and recommendations.

5.0 out of 5 stars Daily List of Free Books, March 26, 2012
This review is from: Free Kindle Books and Tips (App)
This app is a mobile version of their blog. It is basically a text list of free books on Amazon each day with blurbs and a quick scored reviews summary (4.5 stars out of 5 with 37 reviews). The best part of the list is that it includes direct links to Amazon for quick download to Kindle.

This is a great free app for info on how to get free Kindle content.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome with Awesome Sauce, May 23, 2012
This review is from: Free Kindle Books and Tips (App)
I haven't paid for a book for my Kindle Fire since the day I downloaded this app! I log on everyday to see what new free books I can discover. He only suggests books with a rating of 4 stars and above and they span all of the different genres. Free books I would never have looked for myself are now packaged in one neat blog and are just a click away. Simply Awesome!

3.0 out of 5 stars Wouldn't consider this an "app", May 1, 2012
This review is from: Free Kindle Books and Tips (App)
First off, I wouldn't consider this an app. This is a blog which the author has cleverly disguised as an app to get traffic to his website. When you open it, you will find the authors blogs which include links and commentary about items that are free for the Kindle. That being said, was the content of the blog useful? Well, the first posts I read spoke about specific Kindle books that were free, what they were about, what genre they were in, and how customers rated them. This was somewhat helpful information but only about a few randomly selected books. You could easily access this information on amazon itself so I'm not sure why you would need this. Also, because he only speaks of a few free books you really can't narrow down to just the books genre you are interested in. For example, I don't care to read about a free Suspense book as this isn't a topic I like to read about. Thus, the information (for me) was not helpful.

I kept paging down through blog posts and did find one post that made me happy I'd downloaded this app. It contained links of how to see all of the free books by genre (religion & Spirituality, romance, mystery, etc). The links will open up the web on your kindle (if you HAVE the web on your kindle) to the amazon screen with just free ebooks displayed. That being said, on my Kindle fire the links don't work that well at launching from the app directly. It was very sluggish. Also, as with the way I normally search for free books you will get a lot of results that are free only for "Amazon Prime" members and some that are no longer free. Still, if you aren't familiar with amazon or finding free books this is useful and helpful information.

In a nutshell, if you aren't familiar with finding free ebooks and like reading someone's commentary on random books give this app a try.

5.0 out of 5 stars The absolute best resource for free books!, July 24, 2012
This review is from: Free Kindle Books and Tips (App)
This is such an awesome app! I will never have to buy a book again!
In response to Sues review : first of all there are thousands of free books available on Amazon everyday in all genres. There is no way that Micheal could possibly list every available book. As stated in his app / blog he lists several free books that have four to five star ratings on Amazon. With that said he also gives you the individual link for each genre so if your interested in mystery or how to you just click on that link and it brings up every free book in that catagory on Amazon. Also these books are free for a limited time only, they are NOT the free for Amazon prime members.
I think it's very unfair to rate an app poorly because you don't think that it should technically be called an app !
This app does and gives you everything it says it will and then some. So please, to anyone reviewing this or any other app, ma

5.0 out of 5 stars The Title Says It All.., November 27, 2012
This review is from: Free Kindle Books and Tips (App)
Free Kindle books to find daily... You cannot beat this... ;-) I check every few days to see if anything if interest is among the free (or really low priced) books

5.0 out of 5 stars insightful and valuable resource, April 4, 2012
This review is from: Free Kindle Books and Tips (App)
great app you won't regret this download. look forward to reading more from this gentleman whose scruples are intact. Very refreshing!

Free Kindle Books and Tips