- Take an Extra 30% Off Any Book: Use promo code HOLIDAY30 at checkout to get an extra 30% off any book for a limited time. Excludes Kindle eBooks and Audible Audiobooks. Restrictions apply. Learn more
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your email address or mobile phone number.
• Comprises a decade's worth of study and analysis on free voluntary reading
• Presents findings that point to the success of FVR in other cultures, and exposes the lack of evidence for the effectiveness of Accelerated Reader
• Presents and organizes information in reprints of articles written by Stephen Krashen and published in journals worldwide
• Addresses 83 generalizations about research that point to the success of FVR in developing literacy
"In this must-read book, Krashen has assembled a collection of his recent journal articles about FVR from a variety of journals teacher librarians would not normally see crossing their desks."-
Everyone is in agreement that children must develop strong reading skills in order to become successful students—and later, effective adults. The unsettled, ongoing controversy among educators is which method delivers the highest reading competency. What does the research indicate about the effectiveness of free voluntary reading as compared to other learning models?