Industrial-Sized Deals Books Gift Guide Books Gift Guide Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_plcc_6M_fly_beacon Ed Sheeran egg_2015 Fire TV Stick Get Ready for the Winter Gifts Under $50 Amazon Gift Card Offer minions minions minions  Amazon Echo Starting at $84.99 Kindle Black Friday Deals BestoftheYear Outdoors Gift Guide on HTL

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 51 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Sep 15, 2012 12:55:44 AM PDT
John says:
Amazon is sending out e-mails to the loyal people who pre-ordered this set, since it has been delayed, they are giving us a free copy of Avengers on Blu-ray/DVD! Thank you Amazon!

Posted on Sep 15, 2012 1:04:02 AM PDT
That's awesome! Love you Amazon!

Posted on Sep 15, 2012 1:13:00 AM PDT
Philip Brown says:
I about crapped myself when I got the email a few minutes ago. Way to correct a wrong Amazon

Posted on Sep 15, 2012 3:05:33 AM PDT
Very happy with this! Especially as the DVD features over here in the UK are so confusing with so many variations. Now I can get everything on one (without it being called stupid Avengers Assemble!) with just a shipping fee. Yay! ...Now roll on Spring!

Posted on Sep 15, 2012 3:12:47 AM PDT
Tiramisu says:
Credit to amazon, i think they hv really showed a huge goodwill gesture here.. As a customer i hv nth else to complain altho still disappointed w e delay in release for e box set, which isnt exactly amazon's fault.. They hv still offered a reasonable compensation.. Thumbs up Amazon!

Posted on Sep 15, 2012 4:33:07 AM PDT
Agreed HUGE thumbs up Amazon.You guys are very awesome for doing this for us loyal customers.

Posted on Sep 15, 2012 4:38:00 AM PDT
This is why I love Amazon. (I do wish the set was four cents more for free shipping. Talking about looking a gift horse in the mouth... HAhahahhaha...)

Again, props to Amazon. Glad I didn't cancel the order.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 15, 2012 4:39:49 AM PDT
@Philip Brown:

> Way to correct a wrong Amazon

This wasn't Amazon's fault, it was Disney's fault. That Amazon went this far out of the way to correct a vendor's problem shows why Amazon rules... :-)

Posted on Sep 15, 2012 5:55:05 AM PDT
S. Lobos says:
Thanks Amazon! I knew you'd come through for us.

Posted on Sep 15, 2012 6:37:43 AM PDT
KidInTheHall says:
Yeah this is pretty awesome Amazon. Thank you greatly. This made my weekend.

Posted on Sep 15, 2012 6:46:04 AM PDT
Daniel J says:
As happy as I am about this, I'm still disappointed that I'm not getting my copies of Thor, Captain America, Iron Man 1 & 2, and The Hulk.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 15, 2012 7:05:57 AM PDT
It isn't *exactly* Amazon's fault? Try that it isn't Amazon's fault at all, not even remotely. Amazon has nothing to do with the delay, and it's a huge credit to them for giving those of us who pre-ordered anything as compensation. A lot of companies would simply offer an explanation as to why it is being delayed, and that would be that. Huge props to Amazon for what will probably be a fairly expensive gesture of goodwill.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 15, 2012 7:51:53 AM PDT
The best......AMAZON !!!!

Posted on Sep 15, 2012 9:22:30 AM PDT
Sam Beckett says:
thank you amazon!

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 15, 2012 9:34:15 AM PDT
Philip Brown says:
let me further add to my comment. amazon has stepped up to correct something that had nothing to do with them. as of now... i know just how much they value a customer.
props to amazon.... as they didn't have to do this.

my first post was a quick one.... i was put on new meds yesterday and happy pills with more happy on top created a short in my head.

Posted on Sep 15, 2012 9:43:32 AM PDT
Eric Tierney says:
I've already had exemplary service from Amazon before, but this move is above and beyond anything I expected. Well played, Amazon. If I didn't already pre-order everything I want to buy from here, then I would start now.

Posted on Sep 15, 2012 10:27:58 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 15, 2012 10:28:23 AM PDT
hiimbeary says:
Great customer service, I'm very happy. I'm encouraged to give Amazon more business!

Posted on Sep 15, 2012 10:50:13 AM PDT
JMM says:
This is just another example of why I am a loyal Amazon customer.

Posted on Sep 15, 2012 12:43:21 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 15, 2012 12:43:55 PM PDT
Erica says:
So am I the only one who did not get anything from them for this? I never received an email.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 15, 2012 1:47:19 PM PDT
W. Tiu says:
Did you preorder the set during the time periods indicated (6/1 - 8/28)? Did you cancel the order at one point? If not, just email them for the code.

Posted on Sep 15, 2012 5:36:12 PM PDT
A. Grant says:
Why does everyone assume that Amazon is taking the loss on this?

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 15, 2012 6:16:46 PM PDT
Eric Tierney says:
For the same reason that everyone assumes Amazon went nearly bankrupt with .99 release day deliveries (as I'll often read in threads). No one actually knows, but they like to sound like they do :p

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 16, 2012 9:02:17 AM PDT
Mirage says:
Because no one else is doing this so it's assumed that Amazon is doing it out of goodwill and not getting compensated for this by Disney.

Posted on Sep 16, 2012 10:44:22 AM PDT
Trentaferd says:
I am delighted by this move by amazon, but I think that it is less of a goodwill gesture, and more of a move to get people to keep their preorders. People who preordered it and don't wish to purchase the movie twice now don't have to wait for several months to own the movie. For that reason, I am no longer considering forgoing the set to buy the individual films. I don't know how much amazon will reap from maintaining these preorders, but combined with the benefits of impressing and pleasing their customers, they seem to think it worthwhile to relinquish so many avengers blurays for free.

Posted on Sep 16, 2012 2:45:31 PM PDT
Bard master says:
I love amazon please give me borderlands 2 for free
‹ Previous 1 2 3 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 6 customers

Search Customer Discussions