Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: FreeMotion 350r Recumbent Exercise Bike
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Billy Talent Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

on June 25, 2012
1 Month old & has about 45 Hrs on it. Then started making two noises 1. a belt squeek 2. & then a clunk clunk clunk like an old wooden roller coaster ride found other reviews saying the same thing. They are coming out to repair it but REALLY I think they will be back out next month. Also has bad welds & workmenship MADE IN CHINA
on November 3, 2013
I tried two out in a store, doing research prior to buying on Amazon. Neither one would change resistance. Level 1 and 22 were the same. The in-store experts huddled and determined that since both units had been on the floor for a couple months it must have been used during that time so that's why they failed... but I could buy a service agreement. Something about the magnets failing. Magnets failing??? Really. How? My wife asked if it would hold up for a year with only moderate use from two individuals. The answer was to buy the $45/yr service contract. Why would I buy the unit, much less a service agreement for a fragile, poorly made product?

And... the user interface is advertised as user friendly and intuitive. It isn't. These are, apparently, made in China and reflect that fact quite well. Read: junk. Didn't buy from the store or Amazon. I will look elsewhere for a different product with some degree of quality.
on October 21, 2014
I got the FM 350r at the end of July and have been using it 3 to 5 times a week. So far, I have been very happy. Although it's true that the pre-programed workouts are not documented at all in the manual (and you can't find any information on FM's website), it's easy enough to just push the "Calorie" and "Performance" buttons yourself to see how all of the workouts are laid out. I started out with the two 20 minute performance and I'm now up to the first 30 minute performance workout. Each workout has been challenging and each workout has prepared me for the next level. I have bad knees, and have yet to feel any pain during or residual pain after any of my workouts. I love the heart rate monitor feature (currently get my heart rate up to 140).

I really want to try out the iFit feature, but iFit reviews were bad and only recently, have they updated / fixed the existing problems. If the iFit Website is any indication of their product, I believe I'll stay away. The site is not intuitive nor informative about what iFit is or how it's suppose to enhance your workout experience.

I do however recommend the Freemotion 350r bike. It's a solid piece of equipment, durable and easy to keep clean.
on February 3, 2016
No matter how cheaply you can buy this device, even free, don't do it. Count on spending more time and effort getting it to work than actually using it. Glad to see that at least a few folks like it and actually use it.
on November 22, 2013
This bike has worked very well. It was a bit difficult to put together, but it is very sturdy - and the heart rate monitor is excellent!

The best part was that I got it on sale for $300!
on December 18, 2014
Good recumbent bike which I bought at a big box store. Pros: VERY quiet wheel/pedal motion & nice display. Solid, heavy, sturdy. Great tension control. Cons: Squeaky seat that makes that plastic-on-plastic rubbing sound. Also the seat is a bit hard. Plus, the seat's track wheels clank against the rail that they slide on. This is due to a gap between the wheels and rail. Surely they could have engineered this better by using a simple tensioner lever to really lock the wheels in place. I'll find a way to jam a cloth or something in there to kill this sound, but that will also kill the roller action. Multiple users will find this very annoying. Also, insofar as I can tell, the calorie counter is based solely on how many revolutions the wheel turns, with NO accounting for tension. Therefore the calorie counter is utterly useless. I realize this is true of most exercise machines. The reviews of the iFit add-on contraption are awful, so I won't waste my money on that pricey gimmick. Thus overall, it's a fine machine with a few flaws which could have been addressed easily by engineering but were obviously ignored.
on March 11, 2015
I've had this piece of crap for a couple years, so here's the skinny from someone who's used it for a while:
1) Most of the functionality of this bike is only available if you subscribe to 'iFit'. Sorry, but if I just dropped $500 on exercise equipment I expect it to do more than manual resistance. And, quite frankly, I'm getting sick of iAnything.
2) The 'Fan' has about half the capacity of the smallest CPU fan you can buy. It makes noise, but moves no air.
3) About five minutes after the warranty expired it started making noise - the typical clicking and clunking of a cheap exercise bike waiting to fail. Now it has begun 'skipping'. Ever go up a flight of 12 stairs, but you thought it was 13? You expect resistance that is suddenly not there for a second. But it's not consistent - it is completely at random.
4) Did I mention it's a piece of crap?
The last exercise bike I bought was cheap - only about $150 - and it lasted three times longer than this one, which costs more than three times as much. Save your change and look elsewhere.
on January 29, 2014
I bought this at a big box sports store, the salesman wasn't too helpful, but I did my own research.
I liked the firm seat and backrest, saw a different brand that seemed to have a flimsy back rest so that weighed on my thoughts.
The optional iFit is something I want to explore, but rather pricy.
Instructions to set up are clear, hardest part is putting the front display column on without dropping a bolt down into the wheel well (yes I did that).
I believe the documentation should give more detail telling you what the "on board" pre-programmed woprkouts are, the documentation 24 preprogrammed workouts, 12 Calorie, 12 performance, but nothing document to state the difference.
The only way to figure it out is to start scrolling through the calorie or performance buttons.

See 1 answered question