Industrial-Sized Deals TextBTS15 Shop Women's Handbags Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums $5 Off Fire TV Stick Off to College Essentials Shop Popular Services pivdl pivdl pivdl  Amazon Echo Starting at $99 Kindle Voyage Nintendo Digital Games Big Savings in the Amazon Fall Sportsman Event STEM Toys & Games
Customer Discussions > FREEdi YouTube Downloader forum

A Fix for the free Freedi Youtube Downloader Problem 9-14-2012

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-6 of 6 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Sep 17, 2012 1:05:58 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 30, 2012 9:14:02 PM PDT
PLEASE SEE MY SEPT 30, 2012 POST BELOW FOR A MUCH EASIER FIX !!!!
After allowing an upgrade for the free app to ver 2.2.7 on Sept 14, I could no longer play youtube videos (got error about needing to check connection). When trying to download a video, it said searching... and nothing happened. I worked on this for hours and found the same happening to a lot of users of this app. I finally discovered the app's website that's found in the app by clicking on Setting, then Share With Friends. After going to that webpage (which is for the pro app) I found a link for the free app and clicked on it. Then on the free app webpage, I noticed that there's now an upgrade to ver 2.2.8 for the free app dated Sept 14 to fix the download problem. There is also a link to an installer app called SAMv4.5 on the page. I downloaded the SAM installer app first and installed it on my Kindle Fire (this worked fine, even though my Kindle has not been rooted). I already had my Kindle set to allow installation of applications from unknown sources under More.. Device. I used SAM to first uninstall the 2.2.7 Freedi Youtube Downloader. It probably helps to also delete the app from the cloud before installing the new app. To do this, I got on my Amazon account, scrolled down and selected Manage Your Kindle and on that page scrolled down and on the left selected Manage Your Apps. Then browsed to the Freedi Youtube Downloader app. On the right hand there's a drop-down where I deleted the app. Then I went back to the apps on my Kindle Fire and used the SAM app to download and install the version 2.2.8 free Freedi Youtube Downloader app. It now works perfectly again.

Posted on Sep 19, 2012 1:34:37 PM PDT
Islander says:
The fix is in...its the 2.2.9 and it's available now

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 30, 2012 9:18:58 AM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Sep 30, 2012 9:22:22 AM PDT]

Posted on Sep 30, 2012 9:33:34 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 30, 2012 9:16:17 PM PDT
After now having the download and play problems with 2.2.9, I saw on a review dated Sept 29 better instructions for a Fix: "... 30 seconds later I had a fixed version. Go to the app, settings, share with friends, and press the website. search freedi, tap it, press download.Easy." Somehow, 2.2.9 works good when downloaded from the app's website, but 2.2.9 doesn't work when it comes from the Amazon App Store. Go figure !!

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 30, 2012 1:37:01 PM PDT
belle30501 says:
Thanks for the info. mine is now working fine.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 30, 2012 7:56:41 PM PDT
iDRMRSR says:
Roger that. Just fixed this on the Kindle AND another competing tablet I have. Thanks for getting to the nexus of this problem, so to speak. Getting the APK from the website was the answer. You have to be in the Freedi app itself and start there in settings and then go on to share. I was wasting time in the app store trying to find the link. Not there, it's in the app itself.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  4
Total posts:  6
Initial post:  Sep 17, 2012
Latest post:  Sep 30, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
FREEdi YouTube Downloader
FREEdi YouTube Downloader by MicroMacro Mobile Inc.
3.4 out of 5 stars (3,539)