Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Freefall
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

Format: Kindle Edition|Change

on August 14, 2015
Kristen is an extraordinary writer. Her stories pull me in and keep me till the end. Then, I miss the characters. I don't ordinarily choose non-historical fiction. But Kristen's books all have an edge to them, they have intelligence and courage and inspiration built in. I consider her one of the better writers in this genre.
on November 24, 2013
Totally confused by reviewer who said this started slow. Did we read the same book? It hit the ground running! I agree that it became a bit tedious in plot, but understand the gifted author wanted to unfold multiple characters' stories to conclusion. I was confused by negative comments about faith, since the book not only had powerful Biblical truth, but the characters were also very real. Both the Christ followers and the unredeemed dealt with struggles and fear and insecurity, but with clearly different results. In no way was sin excused or glorified. I especially enjoyed seeing the Hawaiian characters' spiritualism bowing to the Lord and Savior of all, without ridiculing or diminishing the island culture's traditions.
on July 25, 2014
This story gripped by attention from the start. Very intense and fast moving, I couldn't put it down. Beautiful descriptions of the island and the waterfalls. How Cameron come to believe his sister's gift of insights of danger, would bring him the love of his life. Danger, tragedy, and triumph when God is first in your life is well told. I would definitely encourage you to read this story. Author is definitely gifted and I will buy her next novel.
on May 6, 2012
The characters and story held my interest. Sure there were a few typos, but I enjoyed the story and the characters very much. The suspense kept me reading. Loved the Hawaiian setting and the characters in Kauai. I felt the author did a good job handling the spiritual aspects of the story. Will definitely be reading more by Kristin Heitzman.
on May 3, 2012
This book has a little bit of everything--adventure, suspense, romance, action. It is a nice "escapist" novel with a Christian viewpoint. An enjoyable change from all the "serious literature" I've been reading lately. A cut above much so-called Christian fiction. One of this author's best.
on June 3, 2014
I just finished reading the book and I miss the characters already! Kristen made them come alive and made me care about them so much.
I really liked that even though this was a Christian novel, the characters all had their individual flaws and struggles, just like in real life. I appreciate realism.
I did find a number of misspelled words but that didn't take away from the story.
I would definitely recommend this book to all.
on August 1, 2014
I really liked this book from Kristen Heitzmann. I have read several of her books and have always enjoyed them. The characters in this story were very likeable, interesting, and well-developed. The story flowed well and kept me intrigued. This is a clean, Christian story. There is no bad language and no explicit sex. I would recommend this to those who enjoy Christian fiction.
on August 21, 2014
What would you do if you suddenly realized you had no idea who you were? Jade wandered out of the forest on Kauai not even knowing her name so she was named Jade by the young woman who took her in to rest and heal from her head injury and bruised body. Ms. Heintzman did an outstanding job weaving together mystery, romance, faith and Hawaiian culture in Freefall.
on April 22, 2014
Beautifully written story of hope, love & suspense... Written against the backdrops of Hawaii & Cali. I highly recommend this book. I learned a lot about Hawaiian culture, amnesia, & surfing lingo, too. It was a great exploration of how to walk w/God in the midst of trials and triumphs. I loved the characters... The way they come to grips with their love in the midst of evil was inspiring. Awesome read!
on October 31, 2014
I finished the book satisfied with the realistic aspects and appreciated a few of the laugh-out-loud moments...a telling sign of the author's talent is that I found myself praying for Allegra and women like her and that is a rarity for me to do from something I'd read...