4.0 out of 5 stars Predictable? Maybe. Entertaining? Hell Yes!!!
Published on August 31, 2012 by HighDef Edition

2.0 out of 5 stars Yes It's ok but
I had a problem with Curtis Jacksons acting and I don't think it was the character he protrayed. Curtis never showed any anger, compssion, regret etc.. when you are acting you have to be able to show differint emotions through out the role that you are playing. He was very monotone in every scene.

I thought the film was ok. However I would not recommend it to...
Published on September 1, 2012 by Sunny

2.0 out of 5 stars Yes It's ok but, September 1, 2012
This review is from: Freelancers (Amazon Instant Video)

I thought the film was ok. However I would not recommend it to any one.

4.0 out of 5 stars Predictable? Maybe. Entertaining? Hell Yes!!!, August 31, 2012
Im not here to tell you to like Robert De Niro or Curtis '50 Cent' Jackson. I took a chance renting this from Redbox and was not dissappointed. If entertainment is what your looking for, then you will be entertained by some excellent action and fight sceens along with some quality acting from Forest Whitaker and even 50 Cent himself. I even recommended the movie to some co-workers who agreed it was a good solid movie. The Director also did a great job.

1.0 out of 5 stars I've never heard of this... because it's completely lame, September 1, 2012
Harry M. Shin (Livermore, CA USA) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Freelancers (DVD)
1. I like checking out DVDs via Redbox and noticed this movie that I've never heard about... with one of my favorite actors (Deniro). Well, the adage is true, if you've never heard of it, there's likely a very good reason for it (ie it's totally lame).
2. This is movie is so bad, I mean so bad, that I just couldn't finish it. I just can't believe how bad this movie is and more perplexing is how in the world did DeNiro get involved in this complete dud?

3.0 out of 5 stars With 50 Cent and Robert De Niro I wasn't expecting a whole lot but this was much better then I was expecting. Worth seeing. B-, August 16, 2012
Tony Heck (Belgrade, MT USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Freelancers (DVD)
"If you could put a price tag on it how much would you say your life is worth?" Malo (Jackson) is following in his father's footsteps and has just joined the police force. When his father's former partner Sarcone (De Niro) hears of this he recruits him to join his squad as a detective. When he realizes that the squad he is in is full of cops who don't play by the rules he is left to make a decision, follow Sarcone or reveal the truth. I have to admit right off that I wasn't expecting much from this movie. 50 Cent is not a good actor at all and De Niro has really been slipping lately. All that said this movie was much better then I was expecting but it was still a little lame. The biggest problem is that it was trying so hard to be another "Training Day" that it never really found it's way on it's own. I do have to say that 50 Cent is becoming a much better actor but this is still yet another "Training Day" rip off that is no where near as good. I was expecting worse from this but this is still not as good as the cover makes it appear. Overall, better then I though but I hope this movie is the one to finally stop all the "Training Day" rip-offs. None of them ever work. I give it a B-.

3.0 out of 5 stars TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK I DON'T NEED TO KNOW,, August 18, 2012
This review is from: Freelancers (DVD)
Three boys from the hood were taken out of jail and enrolled in the police academy by a cougar named Lydia (Desperate Housewife Dana Delany). Malo's (50 Cents) father was once in the police force. The three graduates are assigned to crooked cop Joseph Sarcone (Robert De Niro) who deals drugs and skims on the takes. They become part of the bad cop crime scene.

The plot develops as we discover both Lydia's husband and Malo's father were murdered. Malo has two love interests in this film, neither of which was acting. Anabelle Acosta plays his childhood sweetheart...when he was a thug and Beau Garrett is a bar tender at a special bad boy cop bar who like Malo likes peanut butter.

For those who like crooked cop dramas, this one pasts the smell test, largely due to the strength of the supporting cast. 50 Cents' performance was far from credible and weighed down the film. He needs to learn his productions would do better if he wasn't in them.

PARENTAL GUIDE: F-bomb, sex, party girls nudity, n-word.

5.0 out of 5 stars GOOD MOVIE, April 3, 2013
This review is from: Freelancers (DVD)
I LOVED THIS MOVIE I THOUGHT IT WAS PRETTY GOOD AND KEPT ME INTERESTED ALL THE WAY THROUGH IT. I DEFINETLY WOULD RECOMEND THIS MOVIE DENERO AT HIS BEST AS ALWAYS AND WHITAKER AS WELL AND 50CENTS DID A GOOD JOB TOO.

1.0 out of 5 stars amizing support and for what?, February 19, 2013
This review is from: Freelancers (DVD)
Well the supporting actors in this movie are crazy talented. I'd like to put all the blame on 50 Cent but the script had holes like a slice of Swiss cheese. It was cops being blatant criminals all the time. So much they might as well have had the words crook unit on their cars. This was no "Training Day". It could have been like that if you had a better script and maybe not 50 cent. I'm always surprised how wooden he is. After seeing this all I could say was "Why?"

1.0 out of 5 stars could not even finish the movie, January 30, 2013
This review is from: Freelancers (Amazon Instant Video)
terrible acting and even worse plot. Hard to understand why De Niro and Whitaker would associate themselves with something so bad as this joke.

1.0 out of 5 stars Despicable, January 20, 2013
I think Robert de Niro could do much better than this. The language was deplorable; simply unreal. Depicts Italians in an awful light. When will we learn that there are others as well as Irish and Southern Americans to pick on and cast as idiots?

1.0 out of 5 stars terrible, January 4, 2013
confusing, noisy, unrealistic. too many characters introduced early on that having less would have made the movie less crappier. Poor use of De Niro. Maybe his skills are diminished, but he should not be taking these crappy type movies that without him in it would be direct to video or remove the swearing and cartoon violence could be a made for tv movie staring Angie Dickenson and Telly Selvellas. Save you time and money, do something else

Freelancers [Blu-ray]
Freelancers [Blu-ray] by De Niro (Blu-ray - 2012)
$14.99 $9.96