4.0 out of 5 stars Great concept
I've been using the freemie for about 3 weeks now and never want to go back to the typical "horns and bottle". I work outside the home 5 days a week and I use this every day. This is the third child I've pumped for and I wish they had this when I had my first. Now I only use my "horns" when I'm at home and don't want to clean/dirty my freemie!
**edit - After about...
Published on July 27, 2010 by engineer mom

3.0 out of 5 stars large but helpful
It is not possible to wear these in public undetected. They are very larg. and will not fit under most shirts that are not very large. It is very difficult to break down to clean and you can not starilize it. I have to take a butter knife to force it apart for cleaning. All this being said. it helped. I used the commute time to and from work to pump. I also was no...
Published on November 1, 2011 by Working Mom

5.0 out of 5 stars Hands free helpful for twin mommy., January 26, 2010
This review is from: Freemie Hands-Free Concealable Breast Pump Collection System (Baby Product)
As a first time mom of twins, I really liked the Freemie. It made it possible for me to nurse one while I pumped for the other, allowed me to hold one or both babies while I pumped, and helped keep my milk supply up by using it after nursing. The Freemie was easy to use and totally hands free. I really enjoyed using it and recommend it to anyone who is looking for a hands free pumping system.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing Product!!! Absolutely LOVE IT!!!, June 16, 2011
I absolutely love this product. I work as a Customer Service rep from my home. It was so difficult pumping with one hand holding the horn to my breast while typing with the other hand. Although I use a headset for the telephone, I could only pump one breast at a time due to the need to be able to type with the other hand. Not sure if it was the nerves or the uncomfortable position I was holding the horn while typing, but I was only able to pump from 2 to 4 oz at a time. This is 2 to 4 oz for both breasts! I was really worried I would have to supplement with formula.

Looking online for something to increase my milk supply I found a few reviews on Freemie. I then started purposely looking for reviews on Freemie. I have to admit I scoffed at a couple of reviews that stated how much their milk supply had increased. Thought they were definitely exaggerating. You will probably think the same of me, but I can tell you truthfully that my milk supply has gone from 2 to 4 oz to 9 to 10 oz per pumping cycle with both breasts (that's about 4.5 to 5 oz per breast). My husband had to buy me new milk containers since I am now making enough to freeze my milk. Before the milk was being put in fridge as baby was drinking faster than I could produce.

I am now able to pump a lot more frequently since I can just put them comfortably in my bra and the people I am on the phone with are none the wiser of what I am doing (not that they new with the horns either...lol). I am more relaxed and not so worried about my typing faster so that I can take care of more calls and not get into issues with my Supervisors. Another thing I believe has helped with my milk supply is the fact that they are so comfortable. I'm not sure why (maybe the way I held them to my breast or maybe I needed a bigger size), but the horns were very uncomfortable to me and really made me sore. I dreaded having to pump. I noticed from day one with the Freemie that they are a lot more comfortable. My breast fits it perfectly and no more pain while pumping.

That's another thing I wanted to touch upon. I almost did not purchase the Freemie when reading the one negative review on here. I have very large breast and was concerned about the fit. I believe the issue is with nipple size and not breast size since mine fit me perfectly. My breast form perfectly with the Freemie with no problems. On the contrary, like I stated before, they are way more comfortable than the horns which do go by breast size and I sometimes wonder if that is why mine hurt so much.

The one thing I won't say I do not like, but some might feel differently as it is a bit misguiding to some, is that they do not look natural. They make my already large breast look huge and with a flat tip since the bottom of Freemie is flat. Doesn't bother me much since I am working from home and only my children and husband see me pumping. I have read that wearing a bigger shirt/sweatshirt over your clothes can disguise them some for use in a regular office or car. I haven't tried it yet though.

Well I hope my review has helped someone make a decision in buying the Freemie. I am a VERY happy customer and highly recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars amazing, May 11, 2011
Great product. I am a physician, and running constantly around the hospital. I use the freemie on my commute and for a lunch time pumping session. This is my third child and the only one I've been able to keep my milk supply up when going back to work. Strongly recommend!

5.0 out of 5 stars expressing breast milk - effortlessly and with dignity, April 24, 2010
mother of 2 (brooklyn, ny, usa) - See all my reviews
Freemie is a fantastic system, absolutely worth the investment. With my first child I expressed milk using regular pumping accessories - a funnel attached to the valve which screws into the bottle. I also had to use a pumping bra when I needed my hands free. It was tedious, uncomfortable, not very easy to clean and extremely visually unappealing.
Fortunately, by the arrival of my second child a few months ago I had discovered Freemie. It is certainly the next generation equipment, and I am surprised it is not more widely known and adopted. I haven't returned to work yet from maternity leave, but I have been using Freemie for almost 3 months at home. I don't see why it should be limited to working moms only. The advantages over the regular milk collecting accessories are many, here are some:
1. Concealable - so allows you to keep your dignity. No more "milking cow" look, with bottles hanging out in the open. Just wear loose clothing or throw a shawl on your shoulders when pumping - and you are decent. Now I don't have to hide from my husband and friends when pumping.
2. Easier on your back - since the cups sit snugly on your chest (as opposed to funnels+bottles that weigh you down and tend to hang low) there is no need to arch your back so much during the pumping sessions.
3. Each Freemie cup consists of large parts that are really easy to wash well, no more unreachable nooks and crannies. Really easy to ensure cleanliness. You can also sterilize by boiling all parts (for 10 minutes) but not a must.
4. Customer service is extremely friendly and helpful. Whatever questions you might have while getting used to using Freemie - they will bear with you and provide a competent answer. They fully appreciate how different Freemie is from the existing pumping accessories - and they are truly there to help you. So you are not on your own when you get this new unexplored system.
Freemie Hands-Free Concealable Breast Pump Collection System

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Extra for any working mommies that pump, April 15, 2011
M. Rosenblum (South Brunswick, NJ) - See all my reviews
I won this product through a contest but if I had to buy it I definitely would. This product allows me to pump in the car on the way to work with out exposing myself to everyone on the road. I able to get up later in the morning because I can pump on the way to work. I also use this product to pump the way home to get an extra pumping session in. The only real con I have with the product is that there is a learning curve to using it.

Warnings
I recommend trying it at home during an extra pumping session the first few times because until you know how to use it properly you may have leaks or issues with suction. The is DVD that comes with the product showing you how to use it. Even if you think you know how to use it watch the video and read the instructions.
The freemie is meant for those who use 24-25mm nipple shields. I personally use 27mm with my medelela PISA while the freemie is smaller I am still able to get 1-3 oz during a session. Although I do get more with my 27mm shields. If I didn't have the freemie I would probably miss one of my ,morning pumpings prior to work and definitely my session after work.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good if you need to be discrete, some major flaws., July 3, 2014
I used a Medela Freestyle with my first child and for the first couple of months pumping with my second. I got the Freemie system (the whole thing -- there's no way to attach the cups to the Freestyle yet) when I realized it was covered by insurance and I wanted a more discrete option. so this is a comparison. Let's just stipulate that pumping pretty much stinks no matter what.

PRO -
-Possible to be more discrete when it's set up. As others have said, once you have this set up, you can put a shirt on and more-or-less go about your business. It doesn't look exactly normal, but it's not indiscrete. I can imagine using the Freemie at an airport (would set up in the bathroom, then connect the tubes out in the waiting area no problem), in a semi-private office, or other location.
-Easier hands free set up than with other pumps, as you don't need additional accessories or special bras
-Any innovation in breast pumping seems good to me!

CON-
-Will certainly stretch out my bras over time--a bra that is too loose won't hold it in place, a bra that is tight enough to hold it will get stretched out.
-I HATE that I can't see how much milk is coming out while I pump. I usually pump until I've reached a certain volume. That is not feasible here, so I have to pump for a certain amount of time instead -- this is VERY frustrating for me, and means I basically won't use this regularly unless the Freestyle completely goes kaput. I've even tried drawing lines with a sharpie on the outside at appropriate volumes, but that only helps me a little.
-There's no timer on the unit. Fine if you're pumping near a device that has a stopwatch or a clock or whatever, somewhat annoying if you are in the car or reading or doing something else. Not a deal breaker, but irritating
-No let-down feature. There's just min/max suction on a dial. On my Freestyle, the fast initial pulls really do a good job of imitating my baby, so let down is more natural and far more comfortable.
-The funnel sizing is different from other brands. I've ordered a different size funnel, and I hope that helps, but since I can't see inside while it's working (see above) it's really hard to tell what the fit issues are.
-The pump is HUGE in comparison to my Freestyle, which I know is small, but still! It's annoying to lug around and doesn't come with a storage or transport bag.
-It's really fussy to get set up correctly. Even when you've done it a few times, it's hard to know if it is all correct. And then you have to get it in your bra and turn it on to see if it's set up correctly...and if it's not, there are a lot of places where it could be incorrect. I really don't like the many different places tubes get plugged in without some sort of connector. And there's a different set of tubes if you are pumping only one side, instead of just a shut off valve. Seriously, a few good click valves on the tubes would really really help.
-While the hands free aspect is great because you don't need an additional accessory or bra to be hands free, you have slightly less freedom of movement as the cups really need to stay upright.
-It's not quiet. It's not incredibly loud for a pump, but it is hardly quiet. Anyone would be able to hear it. That may not matter since they can't see what's going on, but...it's not quiet.

All in all, if this is the only pump you'd ever used, you probably would get used to it and maybe even love it. Having been spoiled by the Freestyle, I'm kind of meh on it and will only use it very occasionally when I need the discretion.

4.0 out of 5 stars updated options!, March 8, 2014
I just wanted to say i was reading the reviews and it seems they listened! There are flange sizes for your nipples, the cup is clear, but the valve is still clear. I don't know about the connection issues though.

5.0 out of 5 stars Pretty neat!, November 27, 2013
I really like my freemie cups. I am a little larger breasted 40DD, and found it a little harder to make them look natural on me. I like that it's something I can use and just relax on my computer or play with the baby. I didn't think it needed connectors, why not just include longer tubes? Overall a great idea, I hope it improves for larger breasted women though. :3 I purchased the middle cups and I think I should have gotten the biggest one.

3.0 out of 5 stars Ok, October 9, 2013
It worked ok but I had to keep readjusting device while using. Device did not fit well inside my nursing bra.

5.0 out of 5 stars These are great., January 1, 2011
Rebecca R. Powers (Johnson City, TN USA) - See all my reviews
These are a great step forward for working moms who pump. They slide easily into my bra when it is time to pump and I can just forget about them and keep working at my desk while I am pumping. They are perfectly comfortable (as far as pumping is concerned) and while they don't look "normal" they are discrete enough that I have pumped in front of others while I work. They do take a little getting used to as far as cleaning and transferring collected milk into a storage container, but after a couple of times it really is no more difficult than using other collection systems. I like them so well I am buying another set.

Rate and Discover Movies