on July 5, 2014
LOVE LOVE LOVE! I happened upon Freemie while at a local boutique and I am so thankful I did. I bought this manual pump and clearly I absolutely love it. It made such a difference in my attitude towards pumping. I bought the manual because I already had a medela pump in style and after speaking with a rep, we figured the manual would be a good option for me to try. Its so convenient. I can walk around and get stuff done while pumping with one hand! I even pump at my desk at work with no one noticing. I will say though, I know some people complain about the cup size saying its not as concealable as advertised, but in reality its not that big of a deal. i will take a little extra pointiness any day over having to take off my shirt and pumping! Im ALWAYS cold, so pumping with my medela was always that much more of a hassle, but after i got the freemie cups and adapter for my medela I was a happy camper! I recommend Freemie to any one who pumps, any time... at home or on the go. I can honestly say if it weren't for these freemie products I probably wouldve given up on pumping before my goal, but thanks to the convenience and great quality I was able to reach my goal of a year! So i thank you for that Freemie! I can't wait until I have another baby so I can buy the actual freemie motorized pump and get rid of my medela!
on December 14, 2014
Freemie pros
Totally hands free with no special bra
Can truely pump in front of anyone
I did in parking lot of a restaurant
Can stop and start without risk of losing milk (plus for being able to answer door)
Very quiet portable motor
Instructions say cups can be used with medela motor with tube adapters but I haven't tried.

Freemie cons
Motor not as powerful as medela so it takes twice as long for me to get same milk
Cups must be emptied to bottles or bag for storage
Due to design pour fast and don't stop or you'll lose milk to dripping. I must pour to bottle and then bag.
I like the convience of the freemie but for regular pumping if it weren't free I don't think I would have bought it.
I find the collection cups and materials are harder to clean than medelas.

I have since started using my medela pump at home with the freemie cups and tubes and the freemie pump on the go (we have a power outlet in our car).
on March 12, 2011
They don't tell you until you've already bought the product, but its only for regular size breasts if you are large or small chested it WILL NOT WORK!!! And you will get stuck paying for something you cant use.
44 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on January 26, 2015
Keeping in mind that continuing to breastfeed/pump after returning to work always has a bit of an inconvenience factor included. The Freemie is everything I dreamt it would be. I have used this pump for just over 2 mths, since returning to work.This is my second child and I am able to continue breast feeding unlike with my first child when I used the medela. In both cases I worked for a small company that is not required to provide a private pumping area. With my first child I pumped in a bathroom using a medela. I had to leave my desk which meant a large decrease in work productivity and a lot of wasted time sitting in a bathroom. Not to mention and Very Loud machine.

With the Freemie I am able to pump in the car, in my cubicle at work (very little decrease in work productivity), at home with guests. I have even pumped at a friends house and it was completely discreet. I had a friend sitting right next to me and she could not hear the pump sitting in my backpack at our feet. The other nursing mothers are always intrigued and envious. I never thought I would be able to keep up my milk supply and pump this often after I returned to work. With the Freemie I have been able to continue breastfeeding a lot longer with my 2nd child. I wish this had been around with my first. Thank you for such an ingenious invention!

Pros:
-Discretion
-Hands Free!!! With no special silly looking bra that you still can't cover up. (My personal opinion of course)
-Ability to continue work throughout the day with less interruption
-Much quieter than the other pumps I have used
-Does fit into my nursing bras, works best with ones that have under wire or are sports bras. I have not seen much stretching in my bras, however I am big chested so that could be a factor.
-Can pump anywhere with access to an outlet
-Ability to detach quickly if I need to go to a meeting
-I don't feel like a milk cow hooked up to a machine.

Cons
-Does need some readjusting after putting them on. Often need to put on in the restroom, this decreases the need to readjust later.
-No discreet bag to carry the pump in. I currently use a backpack, not a great fit but it works.
-I often go to the restroom to put the pumped milk in storage bags and rinse out the cups after each use. Would be nice to have a discreet case or bag to put cups and a storage bag in. Currently using a large 'Contents' makeup bag from Target. It works but took about two weeks to find something that fit right.

All in all this is wonderful and has made a huge leap in pumping technology offered to working mothers who still want to breastfeed.

UPDATE: Several months later and I still love it. One thing to note though. Occasionally there might be a back up when pumping and the 'filter' gets wet. The original kit comes with 2 filters. MY ADVICE is by more filters right away. I neglected to do so and of course (as only a mother can do) I am panicking about being able to pump without them till the new ones I just ordered arrive in the mail.
on April 24, 2014
This system is just what I needed to keep on pumping just when I was ready to give up. The collection cups are comfortable, they fit in a bra if it's the right size or if its a sports bra. They're not so discrete that I'd walk around with them (I have D cups, they look like huge bullet boobs with the collection cups under a shirt) but they are discrete enough that I can pump at my desk or in my can and then walk to the bathroom where I remove them with a scarf, wrap, or hoodie on.
The only time I had a leak was when I leaned way over (which the instructions explicitly say not to do) from the backseat of my car to mess with the radio. I've been using these for over a month mow and I'm still very happy with them/it.
The hand pump is adjustable which is really nice and it's super easy to detach or attach, just slide them into the top of the cups or slide them out. All of the parts are big and open and easy to clean with no awkward internal "corners". The only part that might be hard to "scrub" are the valves but I haven't had anything collect in them. I use this about 3 times a day, usually.
on October 10, 2014
AWFUL. AWFUL. AWFUL. I am SO disappointed that I spent this amount of money on this. Milk backs up into my tubing and into my pump 90% of the times I use this. I email customer service VERY detailed pictures asking for help because I had no idea what I was doing wrong. I read the manual...I took it apart 10000 times and put it back together piece by piece. One day at work I pumped twice. I did not take the pieces apart, just threw them in a bag in my cooler. When I went to pump the third time, without touching a THING in the cup system, milk backed up into my pump again. THIS IS SO ANNOYING. All customer service would tell me was, "If it's put together properly then it works." How can it be put together properly...used TWICE.....not touched...then not work the third try? MAKES NO SENSE. Company will not refund and will not help you...will tell you it is YOUR fault if it doesn't work properly. Going back to my Medela horns STAT.
on July 23, 2012
I purchased the Freemies to use with my Ameda Purely Yours Ultra Pump. The Freemie did not recommend my pump specifically, but we figured at $40 we would give it a try anyway.

The pieces must be boiled for 10 minutes before they will come apart. Over time, they separate more easily. If you have large breasts, bigger than C, this may not be an option for you. These are not concealable for large-breasted women as they do not sit closely to the chest. They will fit nicely in an over-sized bra or tank. I found holding them in my nursing tank while pumping keeps them from shifting. Putting them in my sports bra held them too tightly to my skin and milk expression was affected.

After collection, be sure to remove the tubing before disconnecting and putting the Freemie down. The milk can flow into the tubing when the Freemie is set down on its flat back side. Milk pours through the hole for the tubing, so you have to take the tubing out anyway to store the milk.

They are very comfortable to wear, but you cannot see the mile flowing into the collection area. If you need to see the milk flowing, don't buy these.

I would definitely buy them again - even with the fact that they are difficult to separate and they don't sit closely to my chest. They have helped me continue to work while pumping - exactly what I needed.
on December 22, 2011
I'm a large-breasted woman...currently 36H.

Pros:

Can be stuffed into bras that have elastic or a little extra room so you don't have to hold them.
Can be used while baby is nursing on other breast.

Cons:

Only hold up to 4 ounces.
No measures on side to know if you're at or near 4 ounces.
Very, very difficult to take apart, (the pieces inside have to be held and pressed in a certain way).
Tube connectors are silly...why not just include longer tubing?
Didn't seem to express the milk as quickly as my regular pump, (but I think the connectors lessened the suction somewhat).

Please note, you're still stuck to the chair, couch, where ever you pump. These only attach to your current breast pump, (and not all brands/models).

If you're using this on a leaky breast while you're nursing on the other one, then I'd recommend. Otherwise if you're just pumping, use a pumping bra so you can be hands free.
on January 26, 2010
As a first time mom of twins, I really liked the Freemie. It made it possible for me to nurse one while I pumped for the other, allowed me to hold one or both babies while I pumped, and helped keep my milk supply up by using it after nursing. The Freemie was easy to use and totally hands free. I really enjoyed using it and recommend it to anyone who is looking for a hands free pumping system.
on June 16, 2011
I absolutely love this product. I work as a Customer Service rep from my home. It was so difficult pumping with one hand holding the horn to my breast while typing with the other hand. Although I use a headset for the telephone, I could only pump one breast at a time due to the need to be able to type with the other hand. Not sure if it was the nerves or the uncomfortable position I was holding the horn while typing, but I was only able to pump from 2 to 4 oz at a time. This is 2 to 4 oz for both breasts! I was really worried I would have to supplement with formula.

Looking online for something to increase my milk supply I found a few reviews on Freemie. I then started purposely looking for reviews on Freemie. I have to admit I scoffed at a couple of reviews that stated how much their milk supply had increased. Thought they were definitely exaggerating. You will probably think the same of me, but I can tell you truthfully that my milk supply has gone from 2 to 4 oz to 9 to 10 oz per pumping cycle with both breasts (that's about 4.5 to 5 oz per breast). My husband had to buy me new milk containers since I am now making enough to freeze my milk. Before the milk was being put in fridge as baby was drinking faster than I could produce.

I am now able to pump a lot more frequently since I can just put them comfortably in my bra and the people I am on the phone with are none the wiser of what I am doing (not that they new with the horns either...lol). I am more relaxed and not so worried about my typing faster so that I can take care of more calls and not get into issues with my Supervisors. Another thing I believe has helped with my milk supply is the fact that they are so comfortable. I'm not sure why (maybe the way I held them to my breast or maybe I needed a bigger size), but the horns were very uncomfortable to me and really made me sore. I dreaded having to pump. I noticed from day one with the Freemie that they are a lot more comfortable. My breast fits it perfectly and no more pain while pumping.

That's another thing I wanted to touch upon. I almost did not purchase the Freemie when reading the one negative review on here. I have very large breast and was concerned about the fit. I believe the issue is with nipple size and not breast size since mine fit me perfectly. My breast form perfectly with the Freemie with no problems. On the contrary, like I stated before, they are way more comfortable than the horns which do go by breast size and I sometimes wonder if that is why mine hurt so much.

The one thing I won't say I do not like, but some might feel differently as it is a bit misguiding to some, is that they do not look natural. They make my already large breast look huge and with a flat tip since the bottom of Freemie is flat. Doesn't bother me much since I am working from home and only my children and husband see me pumping. I have read that wearing a bigger shirt/sweatshirt over your clothes can disguise them some for use in a regular office or car. I haven't tried it yet though.

Well I hope my review has helped someone make a decision in buying the Freemie. I am a VERY happy customer and highly recommend it.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...