5.0 out of 5 stars Good peace of mind when you need it, January 20, 2012
Hideki Saito (Issaquah, WA, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Freeplay FreeCharge 12V Black- AK060 (Kitchen)
I just survived 40 hours of power outage in this latest major snow storm that hit the area. While I had total power loss, FreeCharge 12V worked as great back up power.

Don't expect it to charge your phone from 0% to 100% in few minutes, and it does take quite long time cranking to get that 1%. But when everything else fails, and you need to charge up your device, this will give you power you need, and having this in your emergency kit is good idea. When that extra talk minutes, extra txting, or extra tweets are needed, this is such a life-saver.

While I was out of power, I was using it to charge my phone, and also external battery for the phone.

I recommend also getting an adapter that converts cigar plug into USB, so you can simply plug USB cable to your device.

5.0 out of 5 stars well built and does its job well ., February 18, 2014
This review is from: Freeplay FreeCharge 12V Black- AK060 (Kitchen)
I love my charger . It is well built. And does just what it said it will do . I bought this charger to charge up my baofeng radios in a shtf world . It will not charge your radios or your cell phones in ten mins. Just as your cig. lighter will not . It takes a while . Keep this in mind . But this is the cheapest , lightest way i have found .i have recomended this charger to many of my friends .

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good !, August 25, 2013
This review is from: Freeplay FreeCharge 12V Black- AK060 (Kitchen)
It is the right solution for camping and riding in the car, it out of trouble! is a great ally to recharge the batteries

5.0 out of 5 stars It Actually Works! :-), May 11, 2014
James A. Kohl "Jeeeeeeeeeembo" (Knoxville, TN United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Freeplay FreeCharge 12V Black- AK060 (Kitchen)
It _Actually_ produces 12+ Volts when you crank it...! :-D Yay!
(as opposed to other pieces of crap I've tried... ;-b)

Freeplay FreeCharge 12V Black- AK060